News from the Insane World of Terry Goodkind, Part 2

Werthead

To tell the truth I'm waiting for Subterranean Press' signed&limited&housed in custom traycase edition of WFR.

This and only this is the reason why I haven't bought the book.

I'm waiting for the collectors plates.

A load of boarders have adopted World Cup teams and are kind of sponsoring them through the tournament. You may notice quite a few different flags and sigs turning up.

Ah, cool! My parents are from Tunisia. Most of my extended family is there. Spent my summers playing on Tunisian beaches as a child. Tunisia! Tunisia! (as if)

A load of boarders have adopted World Cup teams and are kind of sponsoring them through the tournament. You may notice quite a few different flags and sigs turning up.

I am sponsering Audrey Tautou! I would start a riot for her!

"I was out in the woods, looking for evidence of who had killed my father-the man I grew

up thinking was my father, George Cypher, the man who'd raised me.â€

“I was in the woods, looking for evidence of who killed George Cypher, the man I grew-up thinking was my father.â€

“George Cypher raised me like the son he never had. I was in the woods looking for evidence of who killed him.â€

“I was in the woods looking for clues of who killed the man I grew up thinking was my father.â€

“I was looking for clues of who killed George. This is important to me, I almost my entire life thinking he was my father.â€

I like the last two

“Evidence†implies he know who killed George, he is now looking for proof.

“Clues†indicates he doesn’t know the killers identity.

Using the correct words at the correct time is an important skill for writers. Having a unique pattern of speech of a character is a common exception to this rule. Glenn Cook has said he drives his proof readers crazy with his character’s speech pattern. The important thing is that the character’s pattern must be constant.

Having Richard state it is important gives an indication it is a personal matter, not just something he is doing because it’s his job.

It assumes the reader remembers that it was George Cypher that raised Richard, not George Puzzle

Hey, rewriting WFR could be fun. But then I’d have to reread it.

Damn I've been with this thread since Part 1 and I missed all the action.

Same here. And I've been checking specially today, but I still missed it. Ah, well, there's still some entertainment here.

That's because we decided to close this thread when it hits 666 posts in honour of this day. I think everyone wants in on the action. The person who actually gets to post 666 wins my copy of Wizards' First Rule (provided they pay the postage )

If I got your copy then the library won't yell at me for not paying overdue fines.

Thirteen to go. Get in!

Actually I'm wondering if this is such a good idea. If we hit Post 666 on the 06/06/06, who knows what insanity might take place?

Heathen! You have brought logic into a TG thread! You know not your folly! :D

We must do justice to this heretic, and the just thing to do is to burn him, using the first three books of the series as tinder.

It is known.

Thirteen to go. Get in!

Actually I'm wondering if this is such a good idea. If we hit Post 666 on the 06/06/06, who knows what insanity might take place?

Ayn Rand will rise from the dead.

Ayn Rand will rise from the dead.

In the form of the chickengoat!

So we are going to start up again after 666 right.

No. We shall leave this place and never speak of Goodkind again. ;)

Let's just say I have something special planned to go up the second we hit the Magic Number.

Is X-Ray around? I'm sure she'd love to be the one to hit the Number of the Yeard.

Hrmm...if I had a bit more time, I'd do a Tairy/Terri version of the entire Green Eggs and Ham, but 666/Terri Day will be gone before I'd have the time. Drats. :P

Archived