World of Warcraft

Arataniello

World gets destroyed and changed whatever happens. Without cata you cannot: make worgen/goblins, fly in the old world, level past 80.

Probably not visit new zones either. All of them seem to have a quest chain thingie to start them.

World gets destroyed and changed whatever happens. Without cata you cannot: make worgen/goblins, fly in the old world, level past 80.

Probably not visit new zones either. All of them seem to have a quest chain thingie to start them.

OK makes sense, I'll be getting Cata for Christmas so it's not much of a problem for me.

Still lvl 79. 19% to 80.

Did a whole bunch of stuff. Finished Northrend Dungeons and did the first two ICC 5 mans. Forge of Souls was pretty wild stuff but I kept dcing in the place. Luckily I have awesome guildies and they waited for me to come back. The second boss killed me with the mirror thing. I stopped attacking but the mage kept bombing away and I was dead in seconds. Pit O Saron was also cool but I DCed in the middle of Ick and Krick but got credit for it anyway. The final boss went pretty smooth and got the Rimefang rifle and a 213 helmet. We stopped there. Going to do HOR at a later date along with Trial of the Champion, the last dungeons I have left.

Got back to back BC raids in. A tale of two raids. First up was Mount Hyjal. We had 22 to start and ended with 12. It was a big clusterfuck of a raid with master looting with no rolls getting a bunch of people to split then turned into a free for all and I got a bunch of loot that I sold off. The final wave was just me and an 80 gnome fending off an army of undead with the help of the night elf NPC's. Half the raid was dead when Archy showed up and was tanked and killed by just a couple of people of which I didn't get to see since I kited an entire army away from the boss fight. I don't think I should have used Multishot in that instance.

The second raid was SSC and it was smooth sailing til the really long end boss. The cores weren't dropping very often from the elementals so it was a long endurance test of killing adds and hot potato with the cores.

Both were really fun though for different reasons and I got to see both sides of a pug raid in one day.

Only 4 more BC raids left and I'm leading a guild raid in Kara this week. Never thought I would be a raid leader.

Still need to get the loot system down. I like the need before greed but I've done master loot with rolling for drops. I've led a couple pug raids and they are just not worth the time and effort. I just join in on pugs and try not to give the raid leader any more hassle than he has dealing with the several people always bugging for summons and asking tons of questions.

Fortunately you don't need to lead mucn in Kara at this point, you can pretty much walk through and collect sweet looking loot. If any of you are enchanters, there are some unique recipes that drop tthere, inckuding Mongoose, which is now a guaranteed drop and is still used today by some people. Kara is the raddest place, have fun,

Lvl 80.

Did the Mag's Lair raid. Only 3 BC raids left(Gruul,TK and SP).

Also geared up my eighty and what a difference in dps. I also bought a 264 trinket with my JP.

Starting the Wrath Heroic dungeons now.

Also attempted to solo BC Arctraz Heroic. I got all the way to the infernals in the final boss room. Two meteors and I'm dead. My Rhino was able to tank the three previous bosses and even pull mob aggro. I misdirect anyone else onto my pet. Not as difficult as I thought but need a healer to keep me alive for the infernals. I was able to kite the electrical guys by dazing and arcaning to death.

There might be a Naxx guild raid next week so I might start on Wrath raiding before Cataclysm.

Patch confirmed for tomorrow, so I foresee much "OMG there are no portalzz in Dal, WTF?" in trade chat tomorrow.

Set your hearths to Old World tonight. I have been encouraging guildies to get the Argent Tourney tabard if they still need some sort of hearth to Northrend for the next little while. Healing classes also get a talent tree reset tomorrow, so be aware (even if you don't have a healing spec).

Mucking around with Pilgrim achievements on most toons, since there is little else going on in guild at the moment. Nice XP from the dailies for lower level toons, and of course easy cooking skill ups.

Finally got The Turkinator, what a god awful achieve that is. Now I just need to find a dwarf rogue to complete the event....I think I have about as much chance of finding one as I do a Tauren rogue. Might need to have someone start one and level it a little to get that completed.

Also exalted with Zandalar, though I did have to buy a few bijou to get it.

Finally got The Turkinator, what a god awful achieve that is. Now I just need to find a dwarf rogue to complete the event....I think I have about as much chance of finding one as I do a Tauren rogue. Might need to have someone start one and level it a little to get that completed.

Turkinator - agreed. However, the combination of Tirisfal+early morning+Tracker snacks makes it easy. As long as there is no-one else around. I also found that if you wait until there is 5 seconds left on the stacking turkey count before killing the next one, that means you are giving yourself more time for respawns to happen. Good spots in Tirisfal are the Venomweb Vale and between Brill and the Bulwark.

Tirisfal is also considerably more open than Elwynn, so it is MUCH easier to see the turkeys, especially if using a targeting macro.

Hard to find an Orc rogue on our server, at least one that is running around Dalaran. I got a friend to make a lvl 1 Orc rogue and run it down to Ratchet, then just cycle through all the toons that need it. I noticed a couple of rogue toons (dwarf and rogue) parked outside our server's south bank in Dal - someebody clearly feeling very public-spirited and had them just standing there most of Sunday.

Patch confirmed for tomorrow, so I foresee much "OMG there are no portalzz in Dal, WTF?" in trade chat tomorrow.

The worst part about this is that mages won't be able to go put a portal to Orgrimmar next to the real portal and watch the confusion in trade anymore. :(

I'll go ahead and piss you off, then: I got it my first time there. On two separate characters.

I know a guy who just got both ZG mounts in one run.

He won't tell me where he lives so I can murder him.

So you don't need to be a druid to start the Ravenlord event any more, right? So I can just go into Auch Crypt and the event will start at the right boss?

There's no event. They just removed the mobs and the boss is sitting there, waiting.

Archived