World of Warcraft

Arataniello

If you don't already, you may find that leveling on a PvP realm returns some of the excitement to leveling.

Also, maybe it's still too easy, but isn't ST meant for the mid-40s? Surprise, content is easier when you out level it by 10 levels.

Anyone who wants a return to vanilla needs their head examined or wants to feel superior. So many inane things from that time.

If you don't already, you may find that leveling on a PvP realm returns some of the excitement to leveling.

Anyone who wants a return to vanilla needs their head examined or wants to feel superior. So many inane things from that time.

I've always played on a PvP realm and I am a very aggressive type of player. I am known to attack Hordes even with mobs on me for fear of them running away by the time I finish my combat.

And yes, I do want to feel superior. Is that wrong? In a game? I think thats why we play this game in the first place.

Also, maybe it's still too easy, but isn't ST meant for the mid-40s? Surprise, content is easier when you out level it by 10 levels.

when 4.0.1 came out I made a warrior to enjoy the new talents.

Eranicus was lvl50 then. ST was lvl 48-55 dungeon.

Did the Zul'Aman raid last night. We rolled it. Guildies are starting to come together.

The ICC 10 man is on for Saturday. We got 6 so far with 4 that are not up to gear yet. We are going to run ICC 5 mans normal and heroic today and tomorrow to get them geared up. A couple pieces from jp and one or two crafted we should have 10 4.7 gs and up going into ICC. Been researching the fights on video and so are some others. At least we won't go in blind. Going to try to get Kingslayer title before Cat hits.

I've always played on a PvP realm and I am a very aggressive type of player. I am known to attack Hordes even with mobs on me for fear of them running away by the time I finish my combat.

And yes, I do want to feel superior. Is that wrong? In a game? I think thats why we play this game in the first place.

Eranicus was lvl50 then. ST was lvl 48-55 dungeon.

Warrior self-healing was hugely overpowered then and still is to some extent now.

Also, soloing leveling instances is nothing new. My mage was soloing big hunks of Gnomer back in Vanilla when I only outleveled it by a few levels.

Ok so I made an Undead Warrior just to try out the Forsaken area stuff since my troll has not needed to go to the eastern kingdoms once to level and he's at 40.

Gotta say I love the new Silverpine. Just the questing is so much better and so focused that its more fun. Plus (as they did in the Orc/Troll area) it is far more about fighting the alliance than fighting just random monsters or scourge or whatever is around. Very well done.

Also ran into possibly my favourite quest in Hillsbrad, where you get to be a quest giver. You give out quests to a Newbie shouting all the time and going the wrong way, a pathetic level 80 who has decided to do all the lower level stuff presumably for the achievement, and a guy who references internet memes and thinks he is cool. Just awesome.

I'm saving the exploration of revamped zones till I can do a goblin and a worgen. Although, I was mighty tempted by the prospect of an undead hunter and a troll druid.

I finished neo-Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms last night. Lots of the new zones really stood out as great. The transformation of Western and Eastern Plaguelands both is amazing. The whole string from Silverpine through Hillsbrad is incredible. Fun quests, great use of the new cinematic tech.

Unfortunately, after Hillsbrad you hit Arathi Highlands, which is the single worst zone right now. With all the changes to both geography and quest progression that every other zone underwent, Arathi is nearly identical to its old version. They did not even design the Stromgarde quests in such a way that you can take advantage of the "turn in quest in the field" technology. It's still back and forth every time.

Luckily, in the time you're in that level range you can just go down to Northern Stranglethorn and Cape of Stranglethorn instead, both of which are great zones, culminating in an awesome little phased battle in Booty Bay.

Badlands has some nice lore quests. Searing Gorge is a lot better than it used to be, although it's not one of my favorites of the new ones. Burning Steppes: very cool. Swamp of Sorrows, kinda cool, same with Blasted Lands.

If Kalimdor has this high of a success percentage with the new zones I'll be pretty satisfied all told. I expect Silithus still sucks but everything else looks like it has promise.

May I present to you the best thing on the Internet today:

<Dark Endeavor> of Durotan performs Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start The Fire" as a 25-man raid in Stormwind. Epic.

That was pretty epic. V. nice.

Restarted my account. I've basically stopped raiding for now since Tuesday is the big release. Started a Troll Druid which I love. Been questing in Azshara which has been a lot of fun so far. Also picked up my 44 Pally again and just started the new Thousand Needles which is equally awesome. I'm still a bit bad at tanking the dungeons but I'm getting better.

All in all I'm excited to what's in store and glad to be back and playing again.

When did they give us that 1 week pre-cata time credit? Apparently someone hacked into my account and is using it to sell stuff. Which doesn't make much sense since my account was frozen because I haven't put any time on it. Now my account has been banned.

ETA according to battle.net I got a bunch of exploration achievements yesterday but I haven't been on in 2 weeks, my account didn't have any time on it.

Unfortunately, after Hillsbrad you hit Arathi Highlands, which is the single worst zone right now. With all the changes to both geography and quest progression that every other zone underwent, Arathi is nearly identical to its old version. They did not even design the Stromgarde quests in such a way that you can take advantage of the "turn in quest in the field" technology. It's still back and forth every time.

When I was in Hillsbrad, I dropped out at level 25(I missed the Alterac stuff) and headed for Stonetalon Mountains which is a completely awesome zone now.

When I was in Hillsbrad, I dropped out at level 25(I missed the Alterac stuff) and headed for Stonetalon Mountains which is a completely awesome zone now.

Probably the nearest GY - I logged onto a hunter I hadn't played in ages that I had apparently left in the inn in Southshore. Surprise surprise, Southsore no longer exists....made for an interesting escape.

Archived