MMA 11 - Beatdown after the BELL!

Horus Ex Machina

I was happy about this too. Unfortunately though Announcing team to remain unchanged..

They don't work for Strikeforce, they work for Showtime. So as long as SF is on Showtime, that won't change. It's all relative, look at how ppl overlook how bad Goldberg is. The only guys I really have a problem with are Frank and maybe Gus. Mauro and Pat Miletich are good and knowledgeable.

Anyways, apparently the Showtime deal runs through 2014 so they'll be around at least that long. How they decide to grow or shrink the promotion will become apparent by whether we see fighters syphoned off to the UFC or not, and whether they plan to have superfights between the promotion or not. Hopefully they keep the status quo. MMA is better off with diversity. We'll see. I'm a hopeful pessimist.

Maurilo is cheesy as shit, but the last Strikeforce I watched, I found Gus Johnson or whatever his name is, to be excrutiating. Shamrock sucked too. Their whole broadcast team sounds awkward and awful.

Maurilo is cheesy as shit, but the last Strikeforce I watched, I found Gus Johnson or whatever his name is, to be excrutiating. Shamrock sucked too. Their whole broadcast team sounds awkward and awful.

Yeap. Also Shamrocks braces are really fucking distracting. Plus he's had them for like 10+ years. I don't think braces are supposed to be on that long.

I'd bet Jones if I had to, I suppose, but there is a good solid chance that Shogun fucking destroys him. Writing off Shogun against any lhw is foolish.

I got Edson Barboza vs. Anthony Njokuani as FOTN. I'm really interested to see how that one goes down.

Writing off Shogun against any lhw is foolish.

This is incredibly true. I favor Jones, but I hardly write off Shogun. It will be the most difficult fight of Jones' career. Well-rounded Brazilians tend to not be easy wins for anyone.

I'd bet Jones if I had to, I suppose, but there is a good solid chance that Shogun fucking destroys him. Writing off Shogun against any lhw is foolish.

I got Edson Barboza vs. Anthony Njokuani as FOTN. I'm really interested to see how that one goes down.

I think Barboza will win comfortably but we will see.

Barboza is a well rounded phenom who looked helacious on the feet in his debut where he leg kick crippled that dude, but Njokuani is quite the handful on his feet as well. I'm hoping for one hell of a stand up war from this fight.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/19/ufc-john-bones-jones-shogun-robber-subdue-figure-four-leg-lock-patterson-new-jersey/

Jones was doing what has become his ritual before a fight ... he was meditating at a park in Patterson, NJ when he heard a woman scream, "I've been robbed!"

Jones began chasing the man for a good distance. When the fighter caught up with the alleged robber, he knocked the guy's legs out from under him, then placed him in a figure-four leg lock until Paterson cops arrived.

Jones' fight tonight -- UFC 128 -- is in Newark.

Jones tells TMZ, "It was a great pre-fight warm-up for me!"

UPDATE: Jones tweeted about the incident, and even posted a photo (see below) his driver took of the aftermath. He wrote, "I caught him....Coach Jackson finished him ... It feels so good to help others. It gives me power and energy."

So now we have Huerta and now Jones. Benji Radach was also involved in a holdup in a restaurant where he disarmed a gunman. Also I seem to remember Randy Couture and Dan Henderson involved in something a few years back.

It doesn't seem like there is anyone that can possibly challenge Jones, maybe if the Spider moves up, but Jones looked more dominant than Silva ever has. Rashad has zero chance.

I almost felt sorry for Shogun, his punches weren't even close to landing and he couldn't throw a kick without being taken down.

Jones seems so smart and efficient in the ring, able to dominate and cause damage without gassing out.

Incredible showing by Jones. How the hell does that giant of a man make 205?

Barboza kick was pretty awesome. Wasn't quite the Pettis kick, but pretty damned flashy.

In the line of mma superhero stories: Anthony Hardonk jacked some guy who tried to mug him. Gorjan Relic, while being off from fighting because of back surgery, jumped into the ocean and saved two guys from drowning in a sinking car, or something like that. Can't hurt the sport. Keep it up boys!

Archived