The 24th Footy Thread

MercenaryChef

Yeesh. Poor Benitez, who would've thunk it?

Also, somehow footy blogs (like the one linked to at the end of the above link) have eluded me, yet I'm slowly noticing more popping up here and there. I've never really had an urge to be involved in any sort of 'blogosphere' or what have you, but this is a different case.

What blogs do you follow (if any)?

Does anyone here run one?

If you're interested in the game's finances, The Swiss Ramble is really good. The posts come once every week or two, and are pretty amazing in depth looks at a particular club. Each post will break down a club's television money, match day revenue, transfer budget, sponsorship deals, ect, and explain the club's financial health.

If you like trashy gossip and wags, thespoiler.co.uk is a lot of fun.

It's not a blog, but make sure you read zonalmarking.net if you're interested in tactical breakdowns. This has really become my favorite site.

Cheers. I don't mind a bit of reading up on the game's finances, especially with some of the other European sides like Porto, who I don't pay too much interest in normally. It all winds up being a bit depressing, though, if your club isn't one of the success stories of the modern game. Although, even with all the money coming into Manchester United, for example, they've got the biggest leak in world football and are anything but a well financed club, now. Still, it's unfair as they'll play their way out of that, whereas other clubs cannot. :/

The 'Zonal Marking' one is much more up my street. Need to give that a read. Tactics are fascinating.

that is just so very sad. nearly as upsetting as when newcastle got rid of the blue star.

i have a pair of nufc shirts from the 90s that still sport the ale as sponsor. those were the days.

the qatar foundation taking spot on barca's shirts is pretty sad because it will keep rubbing that fucking country and its name in our faces as the host of 2022.

nope. i am still not over that.

They could be in financial difficulty I suppose...

Could be? They're well in debt. Barely able to pay their players wages. In fact, they had to sell Chygriansky (sp?) at a serious cut price to free up funds for the staff. Deep financial problems. £369.5 million is the amount being bandied about, at the minute. £125 million will only shave the top. And the crazy thing, they could sell Messi and still not find themselves clear. I think they should try and maneuvre more canny transfer deals out of the club, like the Yaya Toure one.

Anyway, on the field of play, we have Newcastle vs. Liverpool this evening. That should be a huge game for both sides. Also, if you're wanting something a little different, Athletico Madrid are against Deportivo in what should be an entertaining fixture.

Tomorrow, Tottenham vs. Chelsea.

Then, on Monday, Man United vs. Arsenal.

:)

Chris who?

never expected this. but obviously we'll take it.

do not kid yourself, sir.

pardew did shit to make this win happen. he played the same squad that chris would have played. it hardly takes a football genius to put barton, tiote, nolan and jonas in the midfield and andy & shola up front.

if ashley's lapdog wants to win me over (and i imagine most other geordie faithful) he will need to find some good results with his own formations and tactics.

every single time ashley's fat mug appeared on my television i could not help but curse him loudly. when i would see the walrus looking prick hug someone regarding a goal it took some of the enjoyment from the scoreline. how fucking dare he take glee in this? fuck, i hate him.

regardless, i am still happy as fuck to see the toon take care of business!

Archived