The 24th Footy Thread

MercenaryChef

Solid, well deserved victory for Man United over Sunderland. I guess a Man United quite a bit removed from their best form, is still too strong for Sunderland.

Man City still looks they will be in the race for the long haul this year, to me anyways. Unspectactular, but enough quality there to go the distance.

I would like to see Arsenal beat Chelsea tomorrow.

Man City are a bunch of jammy bastards. Spurs for us tomorrow. Can't say I'm tremendously hopeful, but Carroll seems to be scoring every game at the moment, and this NU team always seem to produce the opposite result to the one I expect.

As an aside, I don't doubt that there was nasty racial abuse of Balotelli during his time in Italy, but from his limited time in the English league, he seems like a right proper twat. No wonder he wasn't popular.

Solid, well deserved victory for Man United over Sunderland. I guess a Man United quite a bit removed from their best form, is still too strong for Sunderland.

They were pretty good but considering the amount of players Sunderland were missing, it's hardly surprising that the team top of the league beat them. Our 3 best defenders missing and it showed...it was panic stations in the first 20 minutes and it definitely wouldn't have mean if Mensah/Bramble/Turner were there.

Missing our captain in midfield and our only other proper defensive midfielder. And Welbeck is our most in-form attacking player and he was missing too, along with Richardson who is shit but has pace and is okay for hassling people in midfield.

We were barely able to field a team yesterday, so really it would have been a miracle if we had got anything from the game.

You did miss players, that is true. It really showed as well, what with Sunderland creating zero chances in the entire 90 minutes of play. Talk about being overrun.

BTW, for incredble misses, the Greek miss linked above is bad, but this is worse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQLylizGmDs&feature=related

Archived