The NFL Thread 9

Mya Stone

Still, we should be solid for the Wild Card, at least, with Cincinnati and Cleveland as our last two games of the season. Hopefully they'll serve as nice tune-ups for our playoff run.

Definitely would not underestimate Cleveland if I were you. McCoy has been great when he's played: if he'd had a full season this year we could be talking about OROY for him.

Did u guys see that BS about the "tuck rule"? Apparently if the QB is 'tucking' in the ball and fumbles - its not a fumble!

This is an example of the BS rule changes that favor the offense. This particular one is especially baffling because it has nothing to do with protecting the QB.

Did u guys see that BS about the "tuck rule"? Apparently if the QB is 'tucking' in the ball and fumbles - its not a fumble!

You just mentioned the Tuck Rule in a thread full of Pats fans?

Fly, you fool!

(In all seriousness, the Tuck Rule does not come up as often as more inane rules. For example, the new rules RE: tackling this year are anomalous at best, and have seen a bunch of scrutiny this year.)

Edit: There's a great example.

Uhm... yes, that's the rule... always has been.

The Pats 3rd down defense is as bad as any defense I have EVER seen- not even just of a team that is playoff contention. The real problem is that we cannot get this (or any) team off the field consistently. If that's the case, its legit to say the Pats could be one and done in the playoffs.

That and the ref's are calling a horrid game. The call on McCourty- I have been watching football for 25 years - I HAVE NEVER SEEN a penalty flag come in that late. Never. That was a good 180 seconds after the play was over. Either its a penalty or its not- and I understand that the NFL has to protect the players so i GET that - but stop making up the policy as the game is going on. The Penalty on Sanders also seemed very late, but I was busy screaming so I may have missed that.

Regardless, those penalties are meaningless if the Pats can actually stop somebody on third down. We cannot so as long as that is true... Manning/Rivers will have a field day in the playoffs against us.

And as I was typing- fat guy return. But GB D is holding us on the 3 yard line... wow.

Why does a team that already has Brady and Bellicheck get to have that happen?

Pretty sure I saw that play foreshadowed in an episode of Family Guy.

The only thing the ending of the play was missing was Connelly leading the crowd in a round of shipoopi.

Top five? Sir, you are underestimating that.

I feel like I was put on this earth to witness that moment.

Does anyone else think that Matt Flynn is being played by Matt Damon whenever they bring his picture up?

Do you like apples? Well I just got a touchdown, how do you like them apples?

thanks for the emotional support guys :bawl: i'm having football "issues" right now. I really didn't expect a game like this and its just going to make it all the more difficult when the Pats...

Hey, this is the most competitive any team has been with the Pats in weeks. Brady's still under 100 yards passing for the game and I'm guessing Danny Woodhead got busted for drinking MD 20/20s behind the 7-11 because I haven't seen him all game*.

*With the exception of watching him try to block BJ Raji which was awesome.

Hey, this is the most competitive any team has been with the Pats in weeks. Brady's still under 100 yards passing for the game and I'm guessing Danny Woodhead got busted for drinking MD 20/20 behind the 7-11 because I haven't seen him all game.

Even weirder, the Packers are getting penetration on the interior. Raji has two sacks tonight.

Archived