The NFL Thread 9

Mya Stone

There is something great about a night outdoor football game in Minnesota. Let's face it, the Metrodome, like all domes, kills the ambiance of football. Makes it feel synthetic, like Arena League. Football's meant to be played in the elements. Starts in summer and ends in the dead of winter. Minnesota in December is where the game should be. Can't imagine it's all that different from Lambeau in December.

Yes indeed! :cheers: Lambeau has natural grass with heating instead of astro turf. Tasty...

There is something great about a night outdoor football game in Minnesota. Let's face it, the Metrodome, like all domes, kills the ambiance of football. Makes it feel synthetic, like Arena League. Football's meant to be played in the elements. Starts in summer and ends in the dead of winter. Minnesota in December is where the game should be. Can't imagine it's all that different from Lambeau in December.

Just hope Kluwe's being overly dramatic when he talks about the field...

Can we have this argument again this week? :)

It might look cooler in the snow and ice and cold...but I'd rather see the game played in conditions allowing for elite players to play the game the way they're capable of playing it and not having to worry whether the weather is going to effect them...

Can we have this argument again this week? :)

It might look cooler in the snow and ice and cold...but I'd rather see the game played in conditions allowing for elite players to play the game the way they're capable of playing it and not having to worry whether the weather is going to effect them...

Two things:

1) Of course you feel that way. You're a baseball fan first. You also presumably would like to see more ball scratching in football and head coaches wearing uniforms.

2) You misused effect/affect, thereby negating your entire argument and very likely your team's chances of winning tonight.

Two things:

1) Of course you feel that way. You're a baseball fan first. You also presumably would like to see more ball scratching in football and head coaches wearing uniforms.

2) You misused effect/affect, thereby negating your entire argument and very likely your team's chances of winning tonight.

1. I see nothing wrong with wanting football coaches wearing suits on the sidelines. Class the sport up some. Uniforms are for baseball. :P

2. I was going for reverse psychology on that one. Yeah.

My distaste for your dream season has made me do the unthinkable, Jaxom. I am rooting for the Vikings, and by default, Brett Favre.

You've made me a monster, Jaxom. A MONSTER.

I guess I'll owe you a beer or something then at some point... :P

Archived