The Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon thread, Part IX

Lady Blackfish

I agree withe the R+L=J theory, and think this is why Jon and Dany will not get together, they are cousins.

Actually it would be Aunt and Nephew... but since Targaryens marry siblings that wouldn't really be a game stopper. I think it wouldn't happen because Dany cannot have children and it would end the Targaryen line forever

I agree withe the R+L=J theory, and think this is why Jon and Dany will not get together, they are cousins.

LOL! This is the reason WHY people think they'll get together. Targs wed brother-to-sister. There's no taboo on incest.

Could you explain why the name Jon would be a hint?

Of course this is all assuming that R+L=J is correct, but I just found it interesting that Jon Snow was named as such.

• Jon Arryn fostering Ned and risking everything when refusing to surrender to Aerys the heirs of Houses Baratheon and Stark.

• Ned fostering Jon Snow and risking everything by knowingly harbouring the heir of the recently deposed Targaryens.

I suppose I like the irony of Ned being put in Jon Arryn's situation, and J-Snow's naming perhaps alluding to this.

I hope I'm making sense.

Actually, she's his aunt.

BTW, that's not a big point. Tywin Lannister married his cousin Johanna, it's a normal thing.

I DO hope Jon won't end up with Dany, but because they are not a match...NOT because they are/would be cousins (i still dream than jon will end up with arya, i don't care if R+L=J and if they are cousins or really halfsiblings.. i just want that!!)

Starks don't commit incest.

He'd be half stark. And half targ (the notable half).

I think it wouldn't happen because Dany cannot have children and it would end the Targaryen line forever

I don't think so. A stupid maegi threaten Dany... and everybody thinks it's a foretelling.

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before.

No.. i don't think it's a prophecy.

(BTW, there was a theroy about the Others that would freeze the sea itself to pass the wall - protected against magic - then the wall would fall because there it wouldn't have no meaning anymore. My point is, a frozen sea is a dry sea.

An there was also something about the season in westeros being strange like the earth itself during the ice age. This derangement would depend on the earth's axis.. changing its angle would cause some temporary disorders.. for instance, the sun could set in the west

So, see...there is always a (crazy) theory to explain something :D ..or maybe it's just me)

Oedipus did. Though he was no Stark, to be sure. And he did poke out his own eyes to make amends.

Ok, who is this guy? :D

I DO hope Jon won't end up with Dany, but because they are not a match...NOT because they are/would be cousins

(i still dream than jon will end up with arya, i don't care if R+L=J and if they are cousins or really halfsiblings.. i just want that!!)

Why would Jon and Dany not be a match?

I always wanted Arya and Gendry to get together. Although at this point, I can't see Arya falling in love for a very long time, if at all...

Why would Jon and Dany not be a match?

I always wanted Arya and Gendry to get together. Although at this point, I can't see Arya falling in love for a very long time, if at all...

Because they are just two people completely different.

I just can't see them together.. and it's not because i don't like the idea. I can see arya and gendry together, they are similar, they are that chemistry.

But Dany is not even Jon's type of girl (and Jon has not blue eyes)

Oedipus did. Though he was no Stark, to be sure. And he did poke out his own eyes to make amends.

Exactly! And how did that story end? Not with just Oedipus putting out his eyes, but with every major character dead! Sounds like Martin to me.

Ok, who is this guy? :D

Exactly! And how did that story end? Not with just Oedipus putting out his eyes, but with every major character dead! Sounds like Martin to me.

Oedipus is the guy that Freud based all his research upon... the guy who f*ked his mother unwittingly.

Danny... i dunno, mate. It seems to me, Jon and Dany would be just fine. Oedipus aside. Targs do what they want.

N + L = J

Not a chance in Hell, it just wasn't in the Starks nature, incest was something the Targaryens did that other people didn't like, plus they had too much honour to do that

OK guys I support J=R+L.

Here are some thoughts:

"When he slept, he dreamed: dark disturbing dreams of blood and broken promises."[Ned]

Numerous people have said, if R+L=J is true, how did Ned break promises? EASY. He sent Jon off to the wall - and I bet one of his promises was to keep Jon safe.

This also explains why Jon did end up going to the wall - if Ned didn't break this promise, he wouldn't allow Jon to go.

Maybe he could not deny Jon, (Jon wanted the wall himself) given the circumstances at the start of AGoT (pressure from the king, Catelyn, etc.) it was simply the best action to take and I guess Ned also broke the promise to tell Jon the truth at that time. (he kind of didn't - maybe he expected to meet Jon later, but things didn't turn out and Ned died)

So those are a lot of broken promises, and R+L=J is still true and fits very well with all of them.

For those of you who deny R+L=J, here are some questions:

“I will,” Ned promised her. That was his curse. Robert would swear undying love and forget them before evenfall, but Ned Stark kept his vows. He thought of the promises he made to Lyanna as she lay dying, and the price he’d paid to keep them.

If R+L=J isn't true, what are those very important promises (it certainly isn't sending her body to Winterfell) and what price did he pay? (this is kind of rhetorical, because these questions can only be answered by R+L=J...)

But Dany is not even Jon's type of girl (and Jon has not blue eyes)

Well, it's true Jon has not blue eyes...his eyes are dark grey.

BUT I disagree that Dany's not Jon's type. He loves Arya, and fondly remembers how "fierce" she is. He likes Ygritte, who's quite wild and aggressive.

Now, Dany's pretty wild, a barbarian queen (used to the wild Dothraki ways), a conqueror. When Ser Jorah angers her he "wakes her dragon," and when Drogo was still alive and Dany saved Mirri Maaz Duur from the raping Dothraki, the Dothraki complained about it to Drogo. Dany angrily responded,"The Dragon eats horse and sheep alike!" Drogo laughed and said something like,"See how fierce she grows, with my son inside her!"

So, the point of all that was to illustrate that Dany, too, is quite wild and fierce, and I think, EXACTLY Jon's Snow's "type."

Well, it's true Jon has not blue eyes...his eyes are dark grey.

BUT I disagree that Dany's not Jon's type. He loves Arya, and fondly remembers how "fierce" she is. He likes Ygritte, who's quite wild and aggressive.

This is exactly why i think that

1) if they won't die, jon and arya will have something. No way you think the girl you are banging is like your little sister. No way :D

2) this is exactly why i say dany is not jon's type. is she kind of "wild"? No. Does she fight? No. You can't call Dany "fierce" when you got other real fierce women. Ygritte and Arya, of course. The mormont girls, brienne.. hell, even catelyn is fiercer than dany!

She is just a really stubborn girl, that's all.

(i do not hate dany. not really)

this is exactly why i say dany is not jon's type. is she kind of "wild"? No. Does she fight? No. You can't call Dany "fierce" when you got other real fierce women. Ygritte and Arya, of course. The mormont girls, brienne.. hell, even catelyn is fiercer than dany!

She is just a really stubborn girl, that's all.

(i do not hate dany. not really)

Well, I guess it depends on your definition of "fierce." I mean, you could call Arya, Ygritte AND Dany fierce if you mean hot-tempered and independent. (C'mon, Dany is growing more and more independent all the time....)

Also, Dany is "wild." She takes some really risky chances, and follows her own intuition and plans (walks into Drogo's funeral pyre, how she acquired the Unsullied, etc.) Plus, she beds down with Irri. :leer:

Archived