The Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon thread, Part IX

Lady Blackfish

Even so That does not mean that Howland Reed would not want to possibly help John restore Winterfell since he was one of Neds best Friends. Maybe they will meet at Winterfell and Bran and Rickon and Reeds children will come back there too. That would be quite the reunion Reed and His family and the remaining Stark brothers to try to rebuild winterfell to fight the others from after the wall falls. Maybe it wont happen like that but it would be pretty sweet if it did.

Well, it is certainly possible that they could meet up at Winterfell after the Wall has fallen. I suppose its actually quite likely, Howland Reed has to leave Greywater Watch at some point, I'm assuming. But until the Wall comes crashing down, I don't see Jon going anywhere.

I'm predicting Jon, and his army of refugees will get to just South of King's Landing, before the Other's are defeated.

See, I could be wrong but I highly doubt it would move quite that far south. If it got to the point where over half of Westeros was claimed by the Others, then the war is as good as lost, I don't see any way that many Others and Wights could be beaten before humanity is screwed. Even three dragons wouldn't be enough to do it, IMHO. I'm guessing that the final climatic battle will take place at Winterfell, or very close to it.

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum, though i have read along a while before writing something. So please excuse if this has already been discussed in one of the earlier Threads.

Im rereading ASoIaF right now (in English, first time was in german) and i stumbled about this in the middle if "A Clash of Kings":

Has it ever occured to someone that Edric Dasyne aka Ned could be the son of Rhaegar + Lyanne?

In this theory Jon would be the son of Ned Stark and Ashara Dayne. Lyanne did not go willingly with Rhaegar, they had a child, which Rhaeger wanted to hide from Robert Baratheon, so he somehow made the Daynes take the child as hers. Ned Stark promised to Lyanna to find her son and take care of him, but failed, which would be the unkept promises hunting him. Tragic indeed, because he had the child right in front of him, as Edric is jon snows milk brother. And maybe Ashara knew and killed herself because she was torn between telling her beloved Ned Stark and (at least thinking) to protect a innocent child from Robert...

My only faint hint is Edric Daynes Targ-like appeareance (ashblond hair, nearly purple eyes). Not very much I know. ;)

Greetz bleackbeard

Has it ever occured to someone that Edric Dayne aka Ned could be the son of Rhaegar + Lyanna?

Not to me, but I was under the impression that Edric is much younger than Jon, much nearer to Arya's own age. And I'm pretty unimaginative, even when it comes to double necrophelia.

Not to me, but I was under the impression that Edric is much younger than Jon, much nearer to Arya's own age. And I'm pretty unimaginative, even when it comes to double necrophelia.

Younger than Jon, he is 12 when he meets Arya in ASOS, impossible for Rhaegar or/and Lyanna, well, not totally imposibble for The Others...ha ha

I am certainly not as deep into the theories of these books as some readers are, but I do think that there is some merit to the R+L = J theory.

Why is everyone so stuck on the fact that all Targs must be light haired and purple eyed? All of the Stark Kids save Arya and Jon are Blue eyed, and Auburn haired (IIRC).

So is it that far fetched to believe that Jon is Lyannas son and he inherited her traits?

First post in this thread on these theories, so go easy on me.

Why is everyone so stuck on the fact that all Targs must be light haired and purple eyed? All of the Stark Kids save Arya and Jon are Blue eyed, and Auburn haired (IIRC).

I can't answer your question, only eccho your puzzlement. IIRC it is stated that one of the reasons for the Targaryens' intermarriages is to preserve their distinct features. This clearly implies that their traits are recessive, meaning that a Targaryen-Stark offspring could easily have Stark traits. While GRRM is not consistent regarding genetics, dominant/recessive genes are certainly a feature in the series.

I can't answer your question, only eccho your puzzlement. IIRC it is stated that one of the reasons for the Targaryens' intermarriages is to preserve their distinct features. This clearly implies that their traits are recessive, meaning that a Targaryen-Stark offspring could easily have Stark traits. While GRRM is not consistent regarding genetics, dominant/recessive genes are certainly a feature in the series.

They were more concerned for the blood royal or kingsblood than the physical traits themselves.

Is it clear who Rhaegar is talking to when Dany goes into the House of the Undying? Or just a generic female?

It looks to be the mother of the child, and since the child is called Aegon (and Rhaegar probably wasn't there if/when Lyanna gave birth) we can assume it was Elia. However, at some point, he seems to actually be talking directly to Dany, and since this is a vision the exact details might not be what actually happened, so it could be someone one else entirely.

I'm relatively new to these boards and I wanted to ask if there is a general consensus about how Jon could prove he is Dany's nephew? That is, assuming that R + L = J. I've always been troubled by this issue because while I do believe in that theory, I think it problematic that the only thing Jon would have going for him in that case is the word of third-parties. Is there something I'm missing about the issue? I ask specifically as to how Dany will be convinced because I feel she is going to ask for rock solid proof. I was thinking of running a search about all this but since there are now, at the very least, nine separate threads dedicated to the topic alone (plus all the splinter threads), I'm not sure whether I'm up to what would be a Herculean task.

I'm relatively new to these boards and I wanted to ask if there is a general consensus about how Jon could prove he is Dany's nephew?

I think her dragons would get excited and start crawling all over him. :) They like Brown Ben Plumm, and he only has a drop of dragons' blood.

Archived