NFL thread lucky 13

davos

A QB with insufficient lateral movement in a Mike Martz scheme would be a terrible detriment to his team. They already only halfway block for him. Make him a sitting duck and you are giving a huge benefit to the opposition. Sucking it up and playing is fine when you are actually helping. But sometimes you just aren't.

Dear Bear Management,

Get ur heads out of your asses and grab Vince Young while he is available and can be had on the relative cheap. Yes, I know he is emotional and had ongoing issues with Fisher in Tennessee. Clearly Fisher never really wanted or believed in him. He is the best, quickest, and smartest gamble this franchise needs to take in the never ending search of a quarterback that can win. He and Lovie could be the match of the century. Martz ? I don't care about Martz. The asshole call for the end around to Bennant on 3rd down, a play that hardly EVER fucking works in the NFL, the defenses are too fast, put the gallant Hanie in a no win situation. Martz is way too in love with his "rep" as an offensive genius. If he can't work with Young, send him on his way.

There isn't a quarterback in the draft or you can trade for that has the upside of Vince Young and ALL of them have at least as much of a downside. Roll the fucking dice for a player who at least at one time had superstar credentials.

Signed.

A semi-satisfied Bears fan.

(No way can this season be termed a failure, the Bears being picked to challege the Lions for the NFC North cellar and Lovie be fired by almost every "expert".

There! I said it. I'm starting a facebook page too. GrabVinnyforChicago.facebook.com

There! I said it. I'm starting a facebook page too. GrabVinnyforChicago.facebook.com

Ugh. No.

What about Kevin Kolb to Chicago?

Especially no.

And wish all you want...no one is going to see any significant change in Chicago Bears football for at least a couple more years...

What about Kevin Kolb to Chicago?

Whats the difference between Kevin Kolb and Jay Cutler ? None I can discern. Young clearly needed to get away from Fisher and the Titans. Even signing him as a rehab project ala Michael Vick and letting him play his way past Cutler beats signing yet another journeyman QB and announcing him as the new "franchise" QB. VY on the cheap to replace Collins and Hanie as backup, whats the downside ? The only way this is a bad plan is if another franchise is smart enough to snatch up Vinnie before the Bears can. Which is prolly what's gonna happen.

...And I'm back.

As great as my Steelers have played in the first half I am still a bit nervous about the Jets. I am also drunk from attending my brother's NFC Championship party(Bears fan :uhoh: ). So the things I might say might be deprived of a... courtesy filter.

Especially if the Steelers lose. Probably. Maybe not.

Archived