Favorite Beer

Guest Raidne

I also wanted to say I had a Dark Horse Plead The 5th Imperial Stout on tap and it was excellent. I think it might be made in Michigan.

It is from Michigan, and it is delicious. I once had a bourbon barrel aged version of that, which was sort of like a dark chocolate and vanilla beer milkshake, in a very good way. Might have been an exception to my usual preference for the non-bourbon barrel aged version of stouts.

Nnnnnngggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh....

What to make of this post from Bluray?

A Stanford grad with a board name so nonsensical we had to give him a new one. Did he have too many favorite beers today? Is he so upset over the Stanford loss today that he momentarily forgot what thread he was in? Or does talk of Dark Horse Plead the 5th Imperial Stout give him migraines?

You decide.

I've been looking for a beautiful Oatmeal Stout I had once but forgot the name.

Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout, perhaps? It's kind of THE oatmeal stout.

It is from Michigan, and it is delicious. I once had a bourbon barrel aged version of that, which was sort of like a dark chocolate and vanilla beer milkshake, in a very good way. Might have been an exception to my usual preference for the non-bourbon barrel aged version of stouts.

Dark Horse brews some fantastic stuff. I love their Crooked Tree IPA and their Boffo Brown Ale is one of my favorite browns. Of late I've discovered that I'm very partial to Michigan beers. If all I had to drink for the rest of my life was Dark Horse, Founder's, and Bell's I would be a very happy camper!

• 4 months later...
Just wanted to say I had my first beer in three weeks since my surgery. The last Guinness Extra Stout in my fridge and it was delicious.

I also wanted to say I had a Dark Horse Plead The 5th Imperial Stout on tap and it was excellent. I think it might be made in Michigan.

I initially read this as being posted by ginger wolverine as we tried the DH Plead the 5th last week on tap and it was indeed delicious. But then I went back and read the post properly and spotted the part about the Guinness and realised that no way no how could that post have been made by ginger wolverine, who would never ever drink Guinness (again) on purpose. :)

Last night we had the Mikkeller (have they EVER made a poor beer?) Mt Hood, part of their single hop series and it induced a hugely sentimental response. Oregon we miss you and your beers and your mountains. :crying:

I think that for the time being I am still tied between Magic Rock Magic 8 Ball and Thornbridge Halcyon for favourite beers. :wub:

I recently had a limited edition coffee milk stout from a brewery called River Horse, in Lambertville, that made me re-think coffee beer. According to the brewers, the one batch they made (~250 Gallons) contained over 200 lbs of coffee. Damn fine beer.

Archived