Maester's Path: 2nd Puzzle

Westeros

Allright, after the previous puzzle, which was fun, I never would've figured this one out. Would've been pure trial and error. And seriously:

how does talk of salt wives and the customs of the dothraki relate to the crakehall boar? Maybe I'm just overthinking, but still...

Still, nice reward, although

ser Rodrik really should be beardless by that point.

I also cheated to complete this puzzle :(.

But to be honest some conversations were quite enjoyable. Especially the first one from left: pretty depressing lad, but atmospheric.

About the noise: did you use headphones as it was advised? Of course the noise is still there, but at least I was able to hear conversations a lot better this way.

About the noise: did you use headphones as it was advised? Of course the noise is still there, but at least I was able to hear conversations a lot better this way.

Right. I had no problem hearing the conversations, so I was wondering why others had difficulties.

Right. I had no problem hearing the conversations, so I was wondering why others had difficulties.

Yes, I used headphones. I am old. And I suffer from chronic tinnitus, which makes some frequencies harder to hear and others harder to ignore. Normally, I can use contextual clues and visual observation to fill in gaps. But with less-familiar accents and no faces, this was VERY difficult.

Anybody else found the Maester's Challenge site almost impossible to navigate lately? On the first challenge it was OK. This time it froze my Firefox and all the programs I was using at the same time. I had to play the game on IE, and even there it was awfully slow.

I used headphones as well and heard the conversations fine, I just dislike the background noise anyway. And the site gave my browser more problems than last time as well, Blackfish Blues.

Maybe the site slowed down because the script for the second challenge was heavier, involving a lot of sounds. I don't have much patience for Flash. The conversations were cool - it would be nice to get a transcript as a bonus - but ultimately they didn't help wih solving the challenge. I hadn't even realized the position of the tables meant something. I got help from a WiC poster in identifying the emblems (shame on me), and then I got it through trial and error.

VERY DISAPPOINTED that the Tullys ended up having nothing to do with it.:devil: However I was glad to see the official Mormont emblem (at least until they make another version like they did with all the main emblems - Baratheon prancing stag, Baratheon stag head only, Baratheon stag antlers only...)

I didn't get around to listening carefully for all the clues (I listened just once at all tables). It took less time to use combinatorics than I guess strain my ears. Once I figured out the combinations it only took some trial and error. Not very elegant, I know...

I don't have much patience for Flash.

Same here, though it's the easiest way to do things like this.

VERY DISAPPOINTED that the Tullys ended up having nothing to do with it.:devil:

Obviously that would've just been too awesome to handle ;) I was surprised how many sigils I recognized, though I definitely had to look some up too.

Anybody else found the Maester's Challenge site almost impossible to navigate lately? On the first challenge it was OK. This time it froze my Firefox and all the programs I was using at the same time. I had to play the game on IE, and even there it was awfully slow.

I'm also experiencing lag with Firefox 3.6. Haven't tried IE, but with Chrome it seems to run fine. My computer isn't the latest technological marvel, but it's not exactly ancient either (Q6600,2x2GB PC6400 RAM, GTX 260) - so I think it may be some compatibility issue.

Archived