Jon + Dany = <3

An_Other

Oh no, most people are reaaaaaally serious about their shippings. ;) Robb and Sansa are shipped as well for example. I haven't seen it here yet, but seriously, Tumblrpeople are sometimes even crazier than we here.

You just reminded me that I haven't checked my favourite tumblr in weeks http://dirty-got-secrets.tumblr.com/ (I'm a lurker outside of this forum). And yeah, there was a time when incest ships would never have entered my mind, but ASOIAF and its lovely fanbase have completely destroyed that :blush:

You just reminded me that I haven't checked my favourite tumblr in weeks http://dirty-got-secrets.tumblr.com/ (I'm a lurker outside of this forum). And yeah, there was a time when incest ships would never have entered my mind, but ASOIAF and its lovely fanbase have completely destroyed that :blush:

Oh my god, that blog. Hilarious.

I love it when I see fervent support for Sansa. She's actually fricking amazing. <3

I don't think I'll ever get over the shock of discovering Dany-haters. Maybe it's because I saw the show (in which she's set up as a very difficult-to-hate person) first.

Also, I support Jon/Dany.

Never understood the Dany hate either.

From what I can see it's the Kings/Queens choice as to how he/ chooses to dole out punishment, from sending people you don't like to be dissected alive to, to being tossed into fire as a sacrifice to R'Hllor.

If they demand a trial then certain protocal is usually followed, I see Tyrion and his story as a prime example of this.

Women find Jon sullen; Sansa makes a pretty blunt comment about how it's because he's a bastard in AGoT, and Alys Karstark talks about the same thing when she comes to the Wall.

All the same, Alys would have wed Jon at the drop of a hat, had he not been a brother of the Night's Watch. She plainly liked him, so it would have more than just a way of getting out from under her problems with her uncle. One has to look beyond the comment about his being sullen to the rest of their interaction, brief as it was. He might have been natural born but their children would be legitimate.

Blue rose could be any Stark if i remember correctly bael the bard left a blue rose behind him when he was leaving winterfell right?Lyanna loved that blue roses because they were rare and they represented the north.If dany wants Jon she could legitimize him when she becomes the queen.But Jon falling in love with Dany is impossible because Dany hates Starks and Userper and she doesn't accept the truth.Jon will never accept a targ i hope :D

I love it when I see fervent support for Sansa. She's actually fricking amazing. <3

I don't think I'll ever get over the shock of discovering Dany-haters. Maybe it's because I saw the show (in which she's set up as a very difficult-to-hate person) first.

Also, I support Jon/Dany.

Who are you? :)

If it's okay that Jon married Dany (incest wise), wouldn't it be better if he married Sansa? Anyone ever think of that? And Sansa is "engaged" to little Robert, who is of the same relation to her that Jon is. Not that she wants it, but you get the idea that "it's okay." Jon + Sansa is much better combo. And Sansa would get her fariytale marry a awesome warrior who is a secret prince dream come true thingy!

If it's okay that Jon married Dany (incest wise), wouldn't it be better if he married Sansa? Anyone ever think of that? And Sansa is "engaged" to little Robert, who is of the same relation to her that Jon is. Not that she wants it, but you get the idea that "it's okay." Jon + Sansa is much better combo. And Sansa would get her fariytale marry a awesome warrior who is a secret prince dream come true thingy!

I have no problem with that (incest-wise), though I just don't think Sansa would be Jon's type of girl (she is red-haired, though :) ) It's definitely Arya :love: .

Jon and Sansa is gross because they were RAISED as brother and sister. Any sexual attraction between them would be weird.

I like both Jon and Dany and I could see them growing quite fond of each other after a time, but I thread a J/D- romance for mainly logistical reasons.

1) I can't see how the timing would work out.

Dany probably won't be in Westeros before the middle of the next installment at the earliest (and that's assuming an uncommonly quick resolution to the Khal-Pono/Mereen/Victarion/Slave-revolt in Volantis-business) and then she will be busy with Aegon for a while and by the time she's where Jon is, the Others will have run over the Wall and I don't see how either of them would have time and energy to court the other under such circumstances. We all know that Jon requires quite a lot of courtship and the Dany I know just wouldn't have the patience for it, not in such a situation.

Of course the epilogue could be a couple of months/years after the big battle and they could have fallen for each other by then, but I would find that really disappointing as a reader. What's the point of a romantic subplot if you don't get to see the falling-in-love process?

2) They don't have a future together.

In a scenario where both of them survive (which I prefer, because I like both of them), Jon and Dany are unlikely to be endgame. Jon would be out of place in King's Landing or Essos, and Dany would be out of place in the North. That might not be such a big deal, because both have shown a certain adaptability - they have both gone native with quite a bit of success, Jon with the wildlings, and Dany with the Dothraki - so they could probably manage. But they are also needed in different places, if they survive. Jon will be needed to fruther strengthen Westerosi/Wildling-relations and Dany will be needed to keep her freedmen free (abolishing slavery is kind of a liftetime project). Jon needs to stay in the North and Dany needs to go back to Essos. Their duties would tear them apart.

My preferred scenario is that they interact only briefly. They will have *a moment* fighting side by side, and we get further hints that they are destined for each other, but nothing will ever come of it, and that will be one of the bittersweet things about their ending.

That's not the same at all. He grew up believing Arya and Sansa were his sisters he would never think of them that way.

Archived