I think he's done guys...

Volderon

I thank me lucky stars every day for this series and I enjoy the posts (even the snarky ones) because it is nice to know there are "others" out there who enjoy it as much as I do.

Congratulations, Huzzah, Oy,

"the best of us lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity" Yeats

rigochu: Thanks for posting that link two more times, but if you look at the beginning of this thread you'll see that we're already aware of it - that's why we're talking about this subject in the first place. (ETA: No worries! We're all happy. I just thought it was funny that you posted it at the end of a 10-page thread!)

It very much depends on the store. Amazon traditionally has been able to mail out pre-orders such that they arrive the day of the sale, as long as you do priority shipping. The reason for this is that they got in trouble for doing super saver shipping and slow shipping that ended up getting there faster than they forecast and was received before the sale date.

I have had books ordered with regular super saver shipping from Amazon show up on the release date. Not guaranteed though. Sign up for a trial of Amazon Prime and then you get 2-day shipping for free and don't have to worry about it.

Does the ebook version of it go live at midnight on the 12th, anyone know? 'cuz if so that's the path I'm going.

I'd be stunned if they had an ebook that early. Typically those big releases take a while don't they?

Not gonna believe it until he updates his Ice and Fire update page, where he assures fans that the minute, the second the book is done he'll update that page. What's there currently?

" I'm close, though. Watch this space. When the book is done, you will read it here. " which is the 3 March update.

So while the NaB post cryptically implies it's all done I want to see it officially and unambiguously announced.

Got it pre-ordered at my local independent bookseller in any case.

Archived