I think he's done guys...

Volderon

Is there really such a thing as a lemon cake?

I have never actually thought about it before, but some part of me assumed it was a made up thing.

Yes, they do exist. Lemon cakes are awesome. My mom has a recipe that involves a sugar glaze over the top that makes my mouth pucker just thinking about them.

Holy crap, the books is clearly done and people are bitching about the matter in which he announced it? We seem to always need something to complain about, don't we?

There is just no pleasing some people.

Ultimately it means that for me, any time he makes announcements about due dates or progress or really anything at all I have to take it with a big grain of salt.

So if the post has read "ADWD IS DONE", you wouldn't have taken announcements about due dates with a grain of salt?

Here’s GRRM’s blog post from 30 Jan 2010, No, No, No .

Jeez, guys. Calm down.

This is why I hate to do updates.

I say I have good day, and immediately I have a hundred people deciding this means that DANCE is finished.

I'm not the oracle at Delphi. Whatever casual comments I make on this Not A Blog are just that, and should not be subjected to analysis, interpertation, or decoding.

When I finish DANCE, you'll know it. I will write something like this: "I have finished A DANCE WITH DRAGONS." You won't need to parse any hints.

Another way to put it is this: the first thing my wife said to me when I mentioned that ADWD was done was 'yeah...although the post was a bit mysterious'. Heck, I had to confirm at other sites that it was done.

If anything, it means that GRRM needs to learn a bit more about how to handle publicity. He reminds me a lot of athletes using twitter :P

So if the post has read "ADWD IS DONE", you wouldn't have taken announcements about due dates with a grain of salt?
Maybe. I would have been more inclined to believe him. I'm a fairly trusting guy. I certainly woudln't have gone to suvudu and checked there, or checked over at Wert's right away.

Is there really such a thing as a lemon cake?

I have never actually thought about it before, but some part of me assumed it was a made up thing.

I'd heard they made them as part of the HBO food marketing campaign. Before that I assumed the same.

If anything, it means that GRRM needs to learn a bit more about how to handle publicity. He reminds me a lot of athletes using twitter :P

Eh, whatever. Words, monkey, we got it in the end. Its done! Hurray! Besides, I find the image of GRRM having to stick in just one more bit, longhand, as he's handing the thing in, really sort of...awww.

That's bullshit. He could do whatever he chooses if he so desired. Nothing stops him. It was him just being ambiguous and cute.

Thank you for outlining the change control process for georgerrmartin.com I personally don't know exactly what rights he has on the site and whether or not he needs the intervention of a third-party before making changes to that site. But apparently you do. Funny, I'd assume the opposite. A semi-luddite end user doesn't get rights to make active changes to production sections of a hosted site. They submit their changes and an IT person actually makes them. But what do I know? I don't have your insider knowledge.

Heh, Ran and Linda just retweeted this one on Twitter:

by @SanfordAllen

I refuse to believe GRRM has completed "A Dance with Dragons" until he coughs up his long-form birth certificate

Love it! :laugh:

I do the happy Snoopy dance that the book is done. And now I gets to go "Oh noz! I will only have eight days to slam back the whole book before someone can spoil it for me at Comic-Con!" (book release: July 12. Comic-Con July 21st-24th; Preview night: 7/20). Some of you BwB folks need to consider this specific logistic.

Archived