I think he's done guys...

Volderon

Anne and George will be going over the final proofs of it tomorrow, apparently. I'm not sure where the U.K. editor fits into it, but in any case, yep, pretty much done, just some clean-up and I guess it'll be put into the printing queue.

I wonder if Publisher's Weekly has any updated info on the print run from the book. Have to imagine that the series may have bumped up their estimates some...

I know we already had a publication date and we were pretty certain the book would be out by then, but knowing that Martin is done with Dance for real makes me exceptionally happy. Time to preorder a certain book, I think. :)

I can't wait to see the video evidence that his editor was hinting at. That should be pretty entertaining. Well, except for those people who are going to start claiming that the video was doctored. Actually, reading that will be pretty entertaining as well.

Regarding the actual website, I believe that GRRM has in fact said in the past that when it comes to updating his site he has to write out the post and then send it to his webmaster and IT guy who then updates it, and that process can sometimes take a few days to go through if his webmaster is busy. That's why he's moved so much of his updating to Livejournal, where he can do it himself in five minutes.

So I'd expect that page to be updated a few days down the line (presumably when he returns from NYC) with clarifying information.

I'm not sure where the U.K. editor fits into it, but in any case, yep, pretty much done, just some clean-up and I guess it'll be put into the printing queue.

I was going to ask her this at the TV screening, but I was reluctant to ask 'that question' I'm sure she gets every day (plus I was randomly starstruck by the fact that she was on various Lord of the Rings DVD Special Features). So I asked another Voyager editor I'd met previously and she indicated they were just waiting for the finalised MS to be sent over from the States and they could move into production. They even have a warehouse stacked full of paper just waiting to go :)

Yeah, I always thought I'd be happy the day the announcement was posted. But I've been part of many discussions over the last years and man... my enthusiasm is done. Heck, I know I'll be happy once I hold the book in my hand.

Well, if you are feeling somewhat sensitive about GRRM right now, it doesn't do any harm to lower expectations regarding aDwD. :) Not everyone is going to be able to seperate their feelings about the author from their feelings about the book. For those people, its best not to believe the book is going to be the best thing ever (or anything like that).

I loved aFfC, so i'm not worried about aDwD. OTOH I am now a little worried about the backlash on this board when the book does come out. :P

Sing now, ye people of the Tower of the Hand,

For the Realm of Waiting is ended for ever,

And the Dark Tower is thrown down.

Sing and rejoice, ye people of the Tower of Guard,

For your watch hath not been in vain,

And the Black Gate is broken,

And your Author hath passed through,

And he is victorious.

Sing and be glad, all ye children of the Westeros forum,

For your Book shall come again,

And it shall dwell among you

All the days of your life.

And the Series that was withered shall be renewed,

And he shall plant it in the high places,

And the Bookshelves shall be blessed.

Sing all ye people!

Strange. I actually grew accustomed to wait for this book forever. But, well, after the cliffhangers that are to be expected the waiting for 'The Winds of Winter' will be just as long, or at least most certainly will seem to be this long.

But it's really good to know that it is finally done.

I've been waiting for this for so long, I feel numb. This is really going to make my summer. All those times of checking Not a Blog, and it's finally here....I wonder if there is the remotest chance it will come out sooner - every day of waiting is cruel. I guess I'll live...

Excellent! this is just outstanding. :) It really is finally and totally done. nice that he's doing it in NYC in long hand, they must have had a hard publishing deadline ending the week for all revisions and additions.

Archived