Bin Laden reported killed

Jojen

Good.

I realize that Osama is not any kind of leader in the fighting these days. Still. His death is a psychological and symbolic victory for NATO and particularly for the United States. It is certainly possible that this will be a very real blow to Al Queda and other terrorist groups. Terrorists no longer have their figurehead.

I believe the immediate consequences will be a short-term boost to Obama's approval ratings and an equally short-term increase in fighting in Afghanistan. Both will fall back into normal levels quite soon.

Still. We finally got him, and we finally get some good news out of everything negative we've been hearing for months and months.

Osama bin Laden was killed by U.S. forces in a mansion outside the Pakistani capital of Islamabad along with other family members, senior U.S. official tells CNN.

Wasn't a missile, apparently soldiers went in and shot him in the head.

We hit a mansion outside of Islamabad? I'm glad Bin Laden is, apparently, gone but hitting a Mansion in the Pakistani capital is going to raise waves.

Probably not. But they have some explaining to do as well.

See, I can be unnecessarily rude too :thumbsdown:

Bin Laden was a complete son of a bitch worthy of death. But we, America, as a country, have sponsored plenty of equally fucked up, abominable human beings for our own gains, and continue to do this.

I just find it sickening how so many of our citizens can have the, "America is God!" mentality despite these facts. Hypocritical in the extreme. So yes, the whole Bin Laden hate obsession is repulsive to me, since it's simply a prime example of media inciting citizens into bloodlust towards the government's enemies. Far too Nazi Germany-esque for my tastes.

So Sauron wasn't working so let's go full Godwin. :rolleyes:

And don't pretend like you know me or my politics. Not everyone feels the compulsion to share their perversions ad nauseum.

What to do with the body? My suggestions are all inappropriate.

I suggest pickling it in rum, slathering it with menstrual blood, wrapping it in bacon and then feeding it to a pack of those tiny little dogs Paris Hilton keeps in her purse. But I'm open to additional funereal enhancements.

Come on Oop, you know AFJ's got no sense of humor.

Well sue me. -_-

Sorry Oop, I didn't mean to insult your intelligence, but there is a significant proportion of the population out there who will likely believe this signifies "mission accomplished."

from comments at HotAir.com

Buddy just drove the CIA’s entrance at Langley Virginia – said that cars are pouring into the place.

HIGH ALERT – All Hands being called in.

jake-the-goose on May 1, 2011 at 11:32 PM

I imagine the chatter is off the charts right now, have to worry about retaliation.

75 users reading this thread.

If that doesn't speak of the media's strength for demonizing individuals, then I don't know what does. I guarantee you that if Kim Jong-Il died we wouldn't have this many people caring about it. Nor if we had a thread about AIDS being cured, even.

It's fine and dandy that a sickening human being died, but what the hell is with all the "fuck yeah, America!" when America has sponsored plenty of terrorists, and is responsible for far worse tragedies than 9-11 ever was? Brainwashed patriotism.

I suggest pickling it rum, slathering it with menstrual blood, wrapping it bacon and then feeding it to a pack of those tiny little dogs Paris Hilton keeps in her purse. But I'm open to additional funereal enhancements.

Probably the worst thing that America could do for itself with regards to long term peace and not doing shit which will just spawn more terrorists. So very pointless too.

Well it's about time we got him. He might not be Sauron but the world is a better place without his worthless ass in it. Of course with the op taking place in Pakistan just proves our operations should be expanded to include that failed state.

Yeah I know that won't be popular view but we can't leave these animals a safe haven in Pakistan and not expect to pay for that tolerance in blood.

Probably the worst thing that America could do for itself with regards to long term peace and not doing shit which will just spawn more terrorists. So very pointless too.

Basically. Give the body to his family, try not to piss people off.

Archived