Capclave 2013 - Columbus Day Weekend- Washington DC

I'm not sure what time we'll get to the hotel on Friday. Our flight is scheduled to land at Reagan at 1:30pm and we'll be taking the train from there. Count us in for help in whatever set up we are in time for and we'll definitely help with breakdown.

If there is any way we can help, please let me know.

I'm not sure what time we'll get to the hotel on Friday. Our flight is scheduled to land at Reagan at 1:30pm and we'll be taking the train from there. Count us in for help in whatever set up we are in time for and we'll definitely help with breakdown.

If there is any way we can help, please let me know.

I would guess you'll be in plenty early. I would guess between 3 and 4 PM without too much difficulty.

The book that is being published is The Skin Trade. The illustrations are being done by Rick Berry. The price is still TBD. Members of Capclave will have the first option on this limited run.

That's awesome - I love Rick Berry's work!

Also, I can help with the breakdown and whatever else needs done.

PS - Will there be vegetarian options?? If not, I could bring something. (My husband is the carnivore but not myself.)

That's awesome - I love Rick Berry's work!

Also, I can help with the breakdown and whatever else needs done.

PS - Will there be vegetarian options?? If not, I could bring something. (My husband is the carnivore but not myself.)

I am not sure what vegetables Chef is planning to cook. I'll wait for him to chime in here.

Arlingzen bill,

I just found out the con coincides with fall break. This means I will be there Thursday and will stay through Tues or Wed, I haven't been to DC since I was 8. I'd be delighted to help with convention set-up and breakdown along with anything else where an unskilled pair of hands is needed. No link to volunteer at Capclave's site.

Arlingzen bill,

I just found out the con coincides with fall break. This means I will be there Thursday and will stay through Tues or Wed, I haven't been to DC since I was 8. I'd be delighted to help with convention set-up and breakdown along with anything else where an unskilled pair of hands is needed. No link to volunteer at Capclave's site.

AWESOME! I'll talk with the webmasters again about getting the link for volunteers.

Makotohanbi and I will be at the Hotel starting Thursday as well.

If you want to do lunch in DC on Wednesday, I am not too far from the restaraunt where Chef works...

Bill,

Thanks a bunch. I'll check back on Capclave's site. Lunch sounds great. I don't have plane tickets yet, but I will try to fly out Wed eve. I have to work Thurs morning, but it's not going to be a really hard day. See you there.

Edit: Volunteer contact is up and running.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill & Chef

Travel plans preclude Mrs Ix and I from bringing much of anything that day but please let me know when you need money and we'll do our part.

I'm in the same boat Bill and Chef...I'll be flying in from Augusta Ga late Thursday night and have no plans to rent out a vehicle while in DC. I'll be available for help setting up/breaking down and am happy to contribute monetarily.

Would it be ok if I could add a guest to my name? I hate to bring it up so late, but it turns out a really close old friend is going, and she hasn't heard there was gonna be a BwB meeting and was super bummed she hadn't found out sooner.

I'll make sure to do some extra prep/cleanup to make up for it! Haha

It turns out I'm going to be in Maryland over Columbus Day weekend. That, combined with maid of woodlynne's urging this past weekend, may prompt me to overcome my fears and venture into another con to meet all of you crazies. Although I'd only really be available for the Friday shindig, if there's still room. I assume you need to have a con membership to attend the party and I'll pay the fee if I have to (and whatever other shared costs there are), but it'd be nice to be able to attend the party without attending the con if possible.

Also, since I won't be partaking of pig roasts of any kind, no need to include me in the food count (or booze count). I'll feed on your collective adulation, instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! I just found out I am able to take some vacation days and will be able to come to CapClave!

I hope there is still room left for the banquet with GRRM.

Also, I'm looking at the CapClave registration and there is a field called "Badge Name". Is that for my real name or westeros username?

Excited!!!!!!

Yay! I just found out I am able to take some vacation days and will be able to come to CapClave!

I hope there is still room left for the banquet with GRRM.

Also, I'm looking at the CapClave registration and there is a field called "Badge Name". Is that for my real name or westeros username?

Excited!!!!!!

HOORAY!

Cat, I used my westeros name! I want to meet all the other boarders. You can call yourself whatever you like!

Archived