[Book Spoilers] EP108 Discussion

Ran

Awesome episode. Ghost looked a little wimpy, I think my cat is more ferocious but oh well.

Was hoping to see more of Arya, but guess that's next episode. Was suprised they made her killing the stable boy an accident, didn't Arya methodically kill him in the book? I guess Syrio is possibly not dead based on this latest data.........

Ronin did real good in that fight scene, er I mean Drogo.

Loved everything else. Half-Man!

Holy crap....they have to kill Drogo, kill Ned and birth dragons in two episodes which all seem to only last 10 minutes...going to be two mind blowing hours.

This actually makes me have a very strong urge to dance around from foot to foot in anxiety. OMGOnlyTwoMoreEpisodesNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Holy crap....they have to kill Drogo, kill Ned and birth dragons in two episodes which all seem to only last 10 minutes...going to be two mind blowing hours.

Don't forget Green Fork, Whispering Wood, breaking the siege of Riverrun, and "King in the North!"

I really like the Tywin actor, though he is a bit old perhaps but well casted. Agree I love how all the kids fear him. (Except Joffrey probably won't haha)

I can't get the opening music out of my head.

Cersei's goofy faces while she listens to anyone say anything makes me wonder how even Lancel wants a piece of that. It's like she is sucking a lemon and perpetually has the sun in her eyes.

Still a beautiful woman, though.

Watch the scene with Ghost with the sound muted and you will know why they could NOT make Ghost silent. The added growling is critical to understanding the dog's acting. Without it, the mutt just looks like he needs to pee.

I'll be honest, when I saw that scene, I was thinking "Ghost, NO! Go lay down! Jon just let you out 20 minutes ago."

Believe it or not folks, we went A WHOLE EPISODE without seeing Ros's snapper.

Hodor is hung like an auroch.

What a great episode. Time to start counting down the hours until next Sunday.

Bronns response to who his father is

"You wouldn't know him" I don't remember

Do the books ever say who his father is?

No, I don't even think his last name is ever given, which is sort of GRRM making a joke with the Bronn comment in the episode.

Compared to last week's episode this one was so much less exciting, but that doesn't mean I love it any less. It was a near perfect translation and seeing certain scenes just gave me the chills to actually see them on screen.

I particularly felt for Robb in this episode. He pulled off both the scared boy who wants his mother and the ruthless commander who will not accept his mother's rebukes. I've said it before, but the show really makes me care about these characters even more than I already did.

Great episode. If I didn't want GRRM working on the books instead, I'd say he should write most of the tv episodes.

We got a LOT more direwolf action this time, finally.

Arya & Syrio's scenes have the most emotional pull on me. I guess it's 'cuz I know how hairy it's gonna get for her now that she's on the run. She's one of the most vulnerable and exposed characters throughout the rest of the books.

I hope they can coherently fit all the major plot points into the last 2 episodes. It's really going to be a big head-rush of bloodletting! Most violent 2 hours on HBO ever?

Agree with most of the positive comments upthread. And I've gotta say, I LOVED Syrio's sword play. That dude could really move! The fact that he's fighting steel swords with a wooden one is totally bad ass. I would give anything to know that he makes it back into the story at some point, but I doubt it. (Even though lots of people theorize he's a Faceless Man.)

Great episode all around. And, yes, I think I do hate Lysa even more now too. :angry2:

Some good shit. This episode definitely seemed more "nerdy" to me in terms of the little details, which of course makes sense. I think non-readers may be reeling a bit.

All the scenes were good, though there were some things I missed;

1) Tower of Joy. Yes it wasn't shown in episode 6 but this one seemed like a likely second candidate. We still have one more chance, but it doesn't seem likely at this point. God damnit...

2) Tyrion's Tysha story. IMO they'll have to have it at some point, it's too important to leave out. Next episode seems unlikely, so it will probably be in episode 10. Although they could always bump it to next season without anything really being hurt.

3) Sandor joining the Kingsguard. I want that dialogue. ("The Kingsguard have always been knights." "Until now.") It could be during next week.

4) Barristan fighting his way out of King's Landing. Yes it wasn't in the books but I'd love to see it. Could be next week. Also his comment about finding the "true king."

5) Sansa betraying Ned. No reason to change that. Although I suppose it's really the fault of last week's episode.

6) The brutality of the Dothraki raid was way toned down. Yes I'm okay with toning it down a little bit (that toddler being tortured would be a bit much for TV) but I would have liked for them to show more in this episode. Mostly in order to rub shit in the faces of all those people who are apparently enamored of the Dothraki. They need a wake-up call. (I'm looking at you OtakuAssemble.)

So, Robb has 18,000 against Tywin's 60,000? Is that how it was in the books? I didn't realize the odds were quite that bad. So how is it that Robb is able to defeat Jaime's superior force? Is it the fact that Jaime's forces are split, or the element of surprise, or just superior tactics? Anyone with a better memory than me?

Archived