[BOOK/TV SPOILERS] Episode 10 Preview

I've never heard of Mark Strong.

Google.

"Oh my God! That's Stannis!"

So, sign me up for the bandwagon.

Plus he has major chops. But he's become quite popular as villains in hollywood movies recently, which diminishes his chance of accepting the job. But he has done TV series before and relatively recently

Any Sean Bean is good Sean Bean! Looks like we get to see Sean in E10.

"...life imitates art, Sean as the shining knight gets stabbed defending friend and carries on...'

"Sean Bean will reportedly appear in the upcoming season finale of HBO drama Game of Thrones.

Ned Stark (Bean) was controversially killed off in the season's penultimate episode, but Bean will reprise his role one last time, according to TV Guide. The character, who was beheaded...is expected to encounter three of his children in a "shocking" and unexpected way."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s151/game-of-thrones/news/a324972/game-of-thrones-finale-twist-revealed.html#article_continue

3 encounters, foreshadowed by their direwolves, could be: Bran/Summer, Rickon/Shaggy, Jon/Ghost

Agree with those calling for a ToJ and Sword of the Morning '...now it ends'

but, I really want the visual for Ned's dream memory of: '...in a rush of steel and shadow, he could hear Lyanna screaming...A storm of rose petals blew across a blood-streaked sky, as blue as the eyes of death'

Any Sean Bean is good Sean Bean! Looks like we get to see Sean in E10.

"...life imitates art, Sean as the shining knight gets stabbed defending friend and carries on...'

"Sean Bean will reportedly appear in the upcoming season finale of HBO drama Game of Thrones.

Ned Stark (Bean) was controversially killed off in the season's penultimate episode, but Bean will reprise his role one last time, according to TV Guide. The character, who was beheaded...is expected to encounter three of his children in a "shocking" and unexpected way."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s151/game-of-thrones/news/a324972/game-of-thrones-finale-twist-revealed.html#article_continue

3 encounters, foreshadowed by their direwolves, could be: Bran/Summer, Rickon/Shaggy, Jon/Ghost

Agree with those calling for a ToJ and Sword of the Morning '...now it ends'

but, I really want the visual for Ned's dream memory of: '...in a rush of steel and shadow, he could hear Lyanna screaming...A storm of rose petals blew across a blood-streaked sky, as blue as the eyes of death'

The 3 kids with an encounter with Ned are likely Rickon, Bran, and Sansa. Sansa's "encounter" will probably be of the head-on-a-spike variety. The other two of course dream of him in the crypts.

The 3 kids with an encounter with Ned are likely Rickon, Bran, and Sansa. Sansa's "encounter" will probably be of the head-on-a-spike variety. The other two of course dream of him in the crypts.

That's got to be it. Maybe they'll bring in a flashback, but my money is on this prediction.

Stark – who was killed by beheading on the orders of Joffrey Baratheon (Jack Gleeson) – will appear to two of his children in a way ‘you’d probably expect of television’ but to a third in a more shocking manner.

Presumably that's Rickon and Bran in the dream sequence, and Joff showing Sansa his head on a spike.

I can't believe Game of Thrones killed off Ned Stark! Please console me with scoop. — Mark

NATALIE: Does this help? Although Ned Stark was beheaded on the Sept of Baelor, it's not the last we've seen of Sean Bean. In fact, in the finale, two of his children will see him in a way you'd probably expect of television; a third, though, will have a shocking run-in with dear old Dad.

I saw this on tv guide.

i'm so glad.

the shared BRAN/RICKON Dream with NED is the last chance we get for some clues to TOJ R+L=J

Bran says in the book his father tried to tell him something about Jon but he couldn't understand it.

YEAH!!

R+L=J??

Sorry, I'm only on the 2nd book right now, but what does that mean? I remember the TOJ scene, but what does that mean?

why were the Kingsguard at the TOJ and not at the Trident with Rhaghar or in KL with Aerys? What is Ned's promise to Lyanna? do you really believe Ned Stark slept with some woman named Wylla??

I expect the best we can hope for in the dream sequence is some bewildering dialogue about between Ned and Bran, Jon will be discussed and mentioned to be of their blood but not his brother or something...

here's hoping

I didn't anticipate the dragons when I read the book, but the show has been hitting people over the head with those eggs. I've had a couple non-readers ask me:

"Does Dany's ability to withstand fire have something to do with dragons?"

"When will the dragons be born? In the last episode?"

I'm sure there was plenty of foreshadowing in the book that I missed because I was so wrapped up in the story that I blazed through the whole thing in a couple days.

For me, the magic of the scene wasn't just the fact that there were dragons, it was that they were Dany's dragons - they hatched because of her and they are hers alone, her children. Two of them are suckling at her breasts when she comes out of the fire. If we're seeing an 8 year old suck on his mom's boobie then we better see some dragons breastfeeding.

For real, this is the one scene in GoT that I need to be just like the book. The Moon Door wasn't in the floor, but that worked. We never saw the wights creepy crawly hand but maybe next season. Shae's character has changed but I figure the writers have a reason and they've made some good calls this season in terms of narrative economy....everyone in TV knows how crucial the last scene of a season is. I think (I hope!) they'll give it all the awesome it deserves.

Yesterday watching this preview i found a suspicion that made me to register here. Hello all and sorry for my English.

So, I am probably wrong, but:

1) Robb is shown chopping something. Too small move for execution, too calm for a fight. But probably important moment.

2) A character that dies later in the books should die this season.

3) HBO knew how much whining and anger they will face with Ned's death. And they knew that there will be many non-readers that will barely stay with the series, but want revenge and blood. Lannister blood.

So, Robb is cutting off Jaimie's hand. Kingslayer is dead as a character - not person - about two seasons faster.

If I'll be right, i will have to start play poker again ;P

I'm very eager to see the last episode because I reckon even us readers will be surprised by a few things. I'm still in the camp that says Robb executes Rickard Karstark but I'm hoping for something a bit more juicy.

As has already been mentioned, there will be a lot of people looking for vengeance next episode and many non-readers won't return unless they get it. So someone who dies in book 3 will die on Sunday? And the person most people hate at the moment is a character who meets his end in the 3rd book...

Will they be ballsy enough to kill Joffrey? It would require such a deviation from the books that I can't see it happening but it would be fantastic if they did it. To be honest, I like that they've stuck so closely with the books but I would also liked to be shocked every now and then. I still reckon my initial hunch is correct... But I hope it's not.

Will they be ballsy enough to kill Joffrey? It would require such a deviation from the books that I can't see it happening but it would be fantastic if they did it. To be honest, I like that they've stuck so closely with the books but I would also liked to be shocked every now and then. I still reckon my initial hunch is correct... But I hope it's not.

OK, first of all - I am really looking forward to seeing that mean little puke choke his filthy guts out.

Second of all - think of all the plot points that would have to change for that to happen. Involving Sansa, Cersei, Tommen, Jaime, Maegerys, Tyrion, Tywin ... his life and death is too integral to how the story has been written to subtract him 2 seasons early for what kind of pay off exactly?

Third of all - the actor is eliciting the desired "love to hate" feelings from the audience. I know he's my favorite inbred bastard Draco Malfoy look alike. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Lastly - I know you long to see him die. But think of how awesome it's going to be after we grow to hate him even more and he dies in such an undignified manner! While Cersei has a nuclear level mental meltdown. I can't wait!

Someone predicted Hoster Tully. I think he's the only character that makes remotely a bit of sense to kill off early (other than Old Nan or Ser Rodrik, but they died in ACoK, not ASoS, and Old Nan's fate is unclear in the books). His death has little impact beyond making Edmure the Lord of Riverrun a bit early, but he was already Lord in all but name, with Hoster abed.

If that's the case, we'll probably miss the amusing funeral where Edmure misses the arrow, unfortunately, but that's not exactly essential either. ;)

Yesterday watching this preview i found a suspicion that made me to register here. Hello all and sorry for my English.

1) Robb is shown chopping something. Too small move for execution, too calm for a fight. But probably important moment.

3) HBO knew how much whining and anger they will face with Ned's death. And they knew that there will be many non-readers that will barely stay with the series, but want revenge and blood. Lannister blood.

So, Robb is cutting off Jaimie's hand. Kingslayer is dead as a character - not person - about two seasons faster.

aaarrrrghhhhh u bast*ard, i think u may be right...!!!

Very very good. This eliminates Vargo, Rorge and Biter. Kudos to you, good anticipation.

shiiiiiit.

Is this something Robb would do, though? It doesn't seem that honorable to cut off the sword hand of your rival. Plus the fact that it cuts down severely on Jaime's status as a valuable hostage. I know the Karstarks are out for his blood, but still...

Archived