Unintentionally Funny

iheartseverus

During the hugely dramatic moment between Jon and Commander Mormont where Jon is moments from forsaking his vow and leaving the wall, Jon says, in effect: 'They killed my father!'

Commander Mormont responds, in effect: "Can you bring him back to life?' Jon says 'No.' And then, Commander Mormont responds:

"Well, good! There's more than enough of that going on around here!"

I can't help it, I burst out laughing the very first time I saw and heard that, and every time afterward. It just so took me instantly out of the tense drama of the scene and into 'mommy' mode. 'There's more than enough of that going on around here?' HAHAHAHAHA. Would a Commander of the Night's Watch say that? That's what mommies say, not what a grave, crusty old warrier would say about ferocious and deadly undead things that will tear you to pieces and/or turn you into undead, blue-eyed zombies.

I can't help it, every time I rewatch, I start laughing as that moment approaches.

Did y'all have any unintentionally funny moments like that?

Well,yes, in the Golden Crown episode, when Jorah catches Viserys stealing the dragon eggs.

When Viserys storms off at the end, looking like a stick was shoved up his butt, I burst out laughing, although I don't think it was meant to be funny.

During the hugely dramatic moment between Jon and Commander Mormont where Jon is moments from forsaking his vow and leaving the wall, Jon says, in effect: 'They killed my father!'

Commander Mormont responds, in effect: "Can you bring him back to life?' Jon says 'No.' And then, Commander Mormont responds:

I can't help it, I burst out laughing the very first time I saw and heard that, and every time afterward. It just so took me instantly out of the tense drama of the scene and into 'mommy' mode. 'There's more than enough of that going on around here?' HAHAHAHAHA. Would a Commander of the Night's Watch say that? That's what mommies say, not what a grave, crusty old warrier would say about ferocious and deadly undead things that will tear you to pieces and/or turn you into undead, blue-eyed zombies.

I can't help it, every time I rewatch, I start laughing as that moment approaches.

In the book, it´s more serious but it´s essentially there. Mormont says: "We´ve all seen how it looks when dead comes back to life and it´s not pleasent sight." Or something to that effect.

I think it was deliberately meant to be humorous - to break the tension of the situation. Moreover, I don't think it's something a maternal figure would say since it's taking a jibe at the expense of the listener's recently deceased father (who he was very close to); which is something that is very insensitive. Instead, a grizzled, old leader would say something like that. Aside from the lack of sensitivity, the comment also makes light of a dangerous enemy who his men were all afraid of.

As for scenes that I found unintentionally hilarious, there was the second scene between Robb and Greatjon when the former let the spy go. Greatjon challenged Robb's decision before backing down at the last minute, at which point you can hear Grey Wind whine in disappointment in the background. It would seem the Greatjon's fingers are yummy! :D

As for scenes that I found unintentionally hilarious, there was the second scene between Robb and Greatjon when the former let the spy go. Greatjon challenged Robb's decision before backing down at the last minute, at which point you can hear Grey Wind whine in disappointment in the background. It would seem the Greatjon's fingers are yummy! :D

Actually what cracked me up right before that is when Theon hastily covers the map so the scout can't see, and the Greatjon goes:"Don't worry, lad, he won't be leaving this tent with his head." That line is still stuck in my head.

Also, Walder Frey, despite the fact he can walk, at least he does it to warm his arse by the fireplace.

When the crow took flight from the Twins and was randomly shot down a second later.

After reading a comment comparing the Hill Tribes to the Knights Who Say Ni, that's all I can see when I look at them. That and Tim the Enchanter.

:agree:

Somebody was definetely channeling Monty Python there :)

When we first see Ilyn Payne, the very face of death [/sarcasm].

When Ros turned up in the Pycelle sexposition. I laughed imagining how people on the forums were going to react.

When Ros turned up in the Pycelle sexposition. I laughed imagining how people on the forums were going to react.

Well yes, the one truly unintentionally funny thing about this show is the sex / sexposition. I don't think they intended it to be the butt of many jokes, but it's turned out that way. If they did intend sexposition to become a cliche within the space of one season then they did a great job in achieving it. They can pretty much call it the vagina monologues, because pretty much any time you see Ros' vagina you know it's going to be an expository scene.

@ OP like others I think Mormont's line was intended to be light hearted. So it doesn't really meet the conditions for unintentionally funny IMO.

Loras shaving only one of Renly's armpits.

The worlds noisiest blowjobs. Not only that but I think they used the same sound file for the both of them.

Sansa being almost dragged along by Lady just before she meets Ilyn Payne.

Personally, I cracked up big time during the opening of The Pointy End when the Lannister guardsmen run up and slaughter the guys loading the wagon. It looked straight out of Monty Python or something.

That's kind of true, now I think of it :P

I laughed pretty hard when Septa Mordane solemnly marched up to the Lannister soldiers. It looked like she was seconds away from activating a lightsaber. Also when Jaime attacked Ned and his men, two of Ned's guards took spears simultaneously through the chest. Good coordination, team!

When the crow took flight from the Twins and was randomly shot down a second later.

After reading a comment comparing the Hill Tribes to the Knights Who Say Ni, that's all I can see when I look at them. That and Tim the Enchanter.

Yep. That did it for me. Instantly. Shagga just started demanding shrubberies. And every cart driver will be called Roger the Shrubber.

Great. Thanks!

Dude.

That never happened. Mormont never said that.

Change your dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean randomly? And it wasn't a crow, it was a messenger Raven.

Of course there should have been 5 arrows fly past the raven and one actually taking it down. Very risky to only have one bowman on phone hacking duties, even one as good as Theon.

Archived