The Logistics of Dancing with Dragons

I'm picking mine up in about 1 hour, and only because I have to bus to the store I pre-ordered from because we moved buildings a month ago. I guess I'll be getting it at about the same time as the Aussie east coast stores open their doors.

There are advantages to being closest to int'l date line, +12 GMT. Why isn't there a sqeeeee smiley?

I feel cheated. It's been the 12th for forty minutes already. Damn CET... I guess I'll have to get up early tomorrow. Is it released at midnight EST? That's 6 am here...

I just went to the QBD store in Brisbane City but the books are not available yet!!! Grrrr!

The ten year old girl at the counter said "Um, yeah, they are not in until 12 July". I said "Um, yeah, that is today!!!"

So glad I am wearing stompy high healed boots so I could angrily stomp my way to work this morning. Grrrr!

OMG IT JUST ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!

005psa.jpg

Congrats!!

I just UPSed going from Philadelphia to my ZIP Code (assuming that I'd be getting my package from a distribution center in PA somewhere), and allegedly if it gets Air-ed by 8pm from Amazon, it will be at my door by 10:30AM if they extra-fast Air it and by 3pm if they just normal Air it.

Still "shipping soon," but hoping that that might change within a few hours once this 8pm pickup deadline passes (I don't know if Amazon gets special deals where they can get it picked up even later than that and still make the times listed, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they did).

I think the moral of this entire story is not to buy online when it's something you really want to read, unless there's a good chance it will be sold out everywhere.

Archived