A Drink With Dragons - London

A while back there was a thread which fizzled out about a potential pre-ADWD meet just before the book's release. It was also suggested in the thread that we might have a post-ADWD meet once we'd all read it so we could discuss when the next book was coming out what we thought of the book.

Anyone interested in having a meet somewhere in London sometime around the end of the month (which should give us enough time to finish the book)? Friday the 29th would be one option, although feel free to suggest other dates.

I definitely can't do the Friday but I could make Thursday 28, anyone else have a preference?

It just so happens that Zabzie is going to be in London from the 27-31 July and is very much looking forward to meeting everyone.

Any of those days should be fine for me.

It's supposed to be called "A Drink with Dragons" :)

I'll try and make it but i have to be honest in that I may not have finished the book by then, in which case I won't be coming along. I'm also dropping off the site until I've finished, so put me down as a very "iffy" maybe.

William can you change the title of this thread to "A Drink With Dragons - London Thurs 28 July 6 pm"

We'll need a posher venue than the pubs we normally frequent, Zabzie is big and fancy after all ;) I'll ask MCG to put his thinking hat on.

ATTENDING

Zabzie

MG

williamjm

IFFY MAYBES

Red Snow

Oh, please don't be posh for my sake, any old pub is just fine from my perspective, so long as it is relatively easy to find:) I'll be at work in the City (our offices are in the Gherkin) and staying on the Strand near Covent Garden, if that helps. I can't wait to see/meet everyone! (I might even drag along the husband person, but he might have to work and is JUST starting AGOT :()

Arse! Timing FAIL, I'm only in London Mon and Tues this week. And I can even see the Gherkin from my desk (I work just the other side of the river) so it would have been dead handy. :(

No shortage of pubs in the area, anyway. The one we met Pax in at Christmas was quite nice, and also there's the Counting House just round the corner from the Bank...

MCG and I may or may not be able to come...

Is the uncertainty due to not being sure whether you'll have finished ADWD by then or not? I saw your post about your progress through the book being increasingly slow. If so then I'm sure we can avoid spoilers from the last part of the book.

Is the uncertainty due to not being sure whether you'll have finished ADWD by then or not? I saw your post about your progress through the book being increasingly slow. If so then I'm sure we can avoid spoilers from the last part of the book.

Only slightly that (MCGeek finished it ages ago and I'm sure would talk about it for hours) - mostly that MCG's been very busy with friends all week, to the extent that I still can't remember whether he has a clashing social appointment tomorrow, and my health's been precarious of late and I've been cutting back on going out as a result. :worried: Wasn't feeling too bad yesterday and Monday, currently feeling not good - I'll really only know tomorrow, I'm afraid.

Sure, the more the merrier :cheers:

With PMs down please email your phone number to me and I'll send you mine, I've lost track of how many meet ups have failed due to not having phone numbers for people trying to find each other. themountaingoat AT live DOT co DOT uk

Only slightly that (MCGeek finished it ages ago and I'm sure would talk about it for hours) - mostly that MCG's been very busy with friends all week, to the extent that I still can't remember whether he has a clashing social appointment tomorrow, and my health's been precarious of late and I've been cutting back on going out as a result. :worried: Wasn't feeling too bad yesterday and Monday, currently feeling not good - I'll really only know tomorrow, I'm afraid.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well again, I hope you're feeling better tomorrow :)

Meet up with Zabzie went well yesterday, was only six of us there including Eloisa, MCG, williamjm and Multaniette. I had been hoping Miltos would join us (that's Miltos the actor from Game of Thrones not Miltos the newborn baby of Mash and dT) but he got busy and well I had only given him a few hours heads up after he tweeted to say he was on a day off. Next time perhaps.

We snuck in some ADWD discussion when Eloisa was not around since she has not finished reading yet. I finally got to see pictures of the Twincesses on Zabzie's phone, very cute kids, great photos. Good to meet Multaniette just before he moves to Stockholm but he'll be back in London some time so we may see him again. Zabzie might make it to Chicago next year, I hope so anyway :)

Archived