College Football 2011

S John

I really like the Oregon ones. It's not dark grey - it's pure black. And it's the lightning yellow, which has been around since at least 2002. I think it's a really bad ass look for the Ducks, though it's not particularly Ducky colors.

The shoes are pretty awesome too.

Srsly. Edsall is a good coach. But, being a WVU fan, I know Edsall's style. He's a power run, I-formation kinda guy. Edsall's UConn teams were going to line up and run it right at ya. Not that I have a problem with that style, I like a good power running game - but yeah, if adding an exciting new coach was your goal.. maybe add a spread guy or something? Edsall's not super exciting. He's a good long-term all around solid kinda guy.... kinda like the Fridge.

I was thinking that they would try to get some big-name but controversy-shrouded coach like Mike Leach or someone. Someone that even casual fans would have heard of, and might check out the team based on that. Though I guess someone with a "win or lose it will be exciting" philosophy could accomplish the same thing.

Either way, Edsall makes no sense. I've got to think there was something going on there that they weren't telling us.

I do think we'll beat them, but I wouldn't be shocked if this was our meltdown game of '11. Always seem to have one of those. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked to see WVU lose to Maryland and then turn around and upset LSU @ home the next week.

As a fan of another team that loses the ones we should win, then pulls off shocking upsets, I feel your pain.

Here's part of the police report for the LSU bar fight.

And it sounds really, really ugly. Honestly I think LSU should suspend those players involved; Cliff Harris got suspended for a traffic violation.

And now, this exceedingly weird report that police raided Jordan Jefferson's apartment and seized 49 pairs of athletic shoes. :stunned: WTF? Maybe since he kicked the guy they're trying to match up marks on skin with sole patterns?

Yep, that's almost precisely what it likely is. Though you'd think having both the attacked and a witness corroboration would be enough.

Alternately, they're looking for DNA on the bottoms of the shoes to match the victim's.

Also, 49 fucking pairs of athletic shoes?

Also, I will laugh so hard if this becomes shoe-gate, and it turns out the shoes are 'donations' from boosters and this gets LSU investigated Miami style by the NCAA.

Heh, gifts of shoes would be bad enough, imagine if boosters are giving him shoes that have cash in the soles. :D

I will just be happy if the Beavers have a week of practices without anybody getting hurt. :bawl:

Love some of the answers, Chip Kelly about cheerleaders not knowing if they are on the field. Seeing him in action, I can believe that. I had no idea that Riley liked Indian food.

Yep, that's almost precisely what it likely is. Though you'd think having both the attacked and a witness corroboration would be enough.

Alternately, they're looking for DNA on the bottoms of the shoes to match the victim's.

Also, 49 fucking pairs of athletic shoes?

CSI Baton Rouge.

LSU players including Jefferson have surrendered to authorities and booked.

LSU senior quarterback Jordan Jefferson, 21, and sophomore linebacker Joshua Johns, 21, have been booked and released from Parish Prison after Baton Rouge police arrested them on second-degree battery counts.

Both players posted a $5,000 bond.

Jefferson and Johns have been suspended indefinitely from the football team, coach Les Miles said Friday.

The arrest warrants accuse each player of kicking a man while he was lying on the ground during a fight outside a Baton Rouge bar on Aug. 19, the arrest warrants say.

The man who was kicked suffered “extreme physical pain and unconsciousness,” the warrant says.

The warrant says the basis for the arrests of Jefferson and Johns includes “physical evidence of the attack and subsequent identification of the accused by an eye witness to the attack.”

Second-degree battery is a felony offense that carries a maximum five-year prison sentence upon conviction.

Glad that the police moved fast on this. Still surprised they weren't suspended earlier.

Probably won't matter for the LSU-Oregon game, honestly - as others have said, LSU will beat Oregon with their defense, not their offense.

I would love Lee to be QB; he throws ints like candy.

Indeed, if Lee gets the nod the Tigahs could be in trouble. Incidentally, while their defense is very good, I wouldn't call it dominant based on some of their games last year. Oregon has SEC-type speed so they should be able to move the ball on LSU.

LSU does have a great defense but Oregon will definitely score on them. WVU scored 2 touchdowns on LSU's D last year in Death Valley with one of the most anemic WVU offenses in recent memory and a snoozer of a play-caller at O Coordinator to boot. Had our O had just a tad bit more gas and the tank, and had our special teams unit not idiotically kicked it directly to Patrick Peterson who returned it for a touchdown - that game was winnable. I felt like some poor coaching decisions were made and that our first year starting QB was a bit rattled by the end of the game - but WVU wasn't horribly outmatched or anything. Point being, if this years' Oregon team closely resembles last years' Oregon team then they are going to be very difficult to beat, especially if you've got some off-field distractions. Much as I'd like to see an undefeated LSU team come into Morgantown this year, I don't think they will be.

I just read an articleMy link that said Jefferson was suspended indefinitely. I wonder how many SEC games he will miss? This could potentially destroy LSU's chances of winning the SECwest, especially if Jarret Lee is still as shitty as I remember. But who knows, he may be quite improved, or Jefferson may come back after 3 weeks.

It's gonna come down to Bama-LSU in the SEC west, IMO. And being a Bammer, I have to believe the Tide will prevail. LSU's defense is good, but I don't think there's a team in the SEC(possibly the country, but it's waaaay too early to tell) that will be able to move the ball, or score, consistently on Bama's D this year. Holy fuck, they are FAST. And HUGE. And I've actually seen them play this year already (albeit at practices), so I'm not just talking out of my ass, lol. I saw 2 spring scrimmages and practices, and a scrimmage and practice session last Saturday.

Any fellow Bammers here in Westeros?

Archived