College Football 2011

S John

As a TCU alum, this is a fucking disgraceful game.

But, to be fair, let's look at the positives. Mostly that almost all of Baylor's points have come against a rookie corner (#2) who is playing his very first college game tonight lined up against Wright. He's been burned so much tonight that his pants have char marks.

Other than that... I'll just say it's young-team blues. We'll get better as we move through the season - there are moments of really good play hidden in the garbage - but we won't be a top 10 or maybe even top 20 team this year. Definitely not a national contender, unless shit changes a LOT very quickly.

I see a lot of potential in this young team, though. Next year they have the potential to kick serious ass.

Hey if you have a direct line to your AD tell them if they want to play in a BCS game, to scheduled Oregon State for an OOC game. Look at the major teams' records the Beavers have faced the last 7 years:

2010:

BSU 11-1

TCU 12-0 (BCS game)

2009:

Cincy 12-0 (BCS game)

2008:

Penn St 11-1 (BCS game)

Utah 12-0 (BCS game)

2007:

Cincy 9-3

2006:

BSU 12-0 (BCS game)

2005:

Louisville 10-2

2004:

LSU 10-2

BSU 12-0

The worse was an only 9 wins for Cincinnati. This year the Beavers have Wisconsin and BYU. If your team wants to have a BSC year have them call Oregon State.

auburn isn't looking very good right now. we're down 21-14 to utah state going into halftime. take away the 56 yd. TD pass and a kickoff returned for a score and we are being pummelled. the D came to life towards the end of quarter number two, though, so we'll see.

i never expected us to be gangbusters but i'm underwhelmed so far.

auburn isn't looking very good right now. we're down 21-14 to utah state going into halftime. take away the 56 yd. TD pass and a kickoff returned for a score and we are being pummelled. the D came to life towards the end of quarter number two, though, so we'll see.

i never expected us to be gangbusters but i'm underwhelmed so far.

WTF? The aggies suck. Seriously, their record in football for the past two decades is just abysmal.

The Hawks are looking a little sloppy, but hopefully Irene having arrived in Iowa City has something to do with that. And naturally we've already lost a promising RB, no doubt for the year (edit: Yep, broken ankle. Interestingly, SI tells me he's the son of former boxing champ Oliver McCall).

I think it's really special how ESPN's ticker is encouraging people to call their cable company to demand the Longhorn Network.

Awesomely thanks to ESPN3 I'm actually getting the Pitt-Buffalo game, so that's cool. Although considering how horrific the team's already looking (usually Buffalo can hang with BCS conference teams in the first half and its only in the second half that they simply get overwhelmed) I doubt I'll keep watching for long. Not the best way to spend a Saturday night.

:lmao: YES!!!!!!! WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!

now for a LOT of adjustments and fervent prayers for next weeks game against miss. state.

Listening to Roof during the postgame, it appears that we couldn't get lined up properly. They were throwing a lot of looks and a lot of motion at us, and our young guys got confused and didn't make the right checks, leaving us in a lot of bad situations before the snap. That is fixable, but it needs to get fixed in a hurry, because MSU will run us out of the stadium if we don't tighten up this week.

The only thing more pathetic than ND being ranked 16th is the way they've handled this game. Absolute joke of a school, program and fanbase. I don't think there is another loser team in all of sports that I take such pleasure in watching fall on their faces.

Yeah, I give props to LSU - they're a good team - but I felt like Oregon lost the game more than LSU won the game. Fumble luck was pretty heavily in LSU's favor - I think of the 8 fumbles that happened in the game Oregon recovered 2.

But Oregon played sloppy. Big penalties, big turnovers, bad choice of playcalls (seriously, why give up the run completely?) and some inexperience. I think Oregon will still do well in the Pac-10, and this really hasn't changed my prediction (9 wins at least with losses to LSU and Stanford and potentially an upset along the way), but I feel less sure of Oregon in general today. It's not quite the Boise debacle, but it's up there.

Cal might have a QB...they could be tough if they do.

He wasn't that great. Fresno lost this one as much as Cal won it. But Cal DOES have a defense. They'll hover around .500. Not having a home field is going to put a limit on their upside.

On a side note, Oregon, UCLA and Colorado have now travelled more non-conference miles than the entire SEC East will all season. Next week Oregon State, Cal, Stanford and Arizona will join them.

It would be nice if at some point Oregon got to face an SEC powerhouse in a neutral site that was NOT in the old Confederacy.

Archived