[ADWD SPOILERS] Tyrion's Intervention

Bear Thlayer

He is invested in getting revenge on Cersei and hurting her as much as he possibly can (which is really sad, given that Cersei is absolutely terrified of him and genuinely believed that he killed Joffrey) but he is doing just a bit too much mustachio-twirling for me to take his efforts super seriously. Signing "Lord of Casterly Rock" in blood? Really?

When he's telling Aegon to go West instead of East, he's also telling him that basically all he needs to do to take the throne is to kill Cersei:

If I were you? I would go west instead of east. Land in Dorne and raise my banners. The Seven Kingdoms will never be more ripe for conquest than they are right now. A boy king sits the Iron Throne. The north is in chaos, the riverlands a devastation, a rebel holds Storm's End and Dragonstone. When winter comes, the realm will starve. And who remains to deal with all of this, who rules the little king who rules the Seven Kingdoms? Why, my own sweet sister. There is no one else. [...]

Westeros is torn and bleeding, and I do not doubt that even now my sweet sister is binding up the wounds...with salt. Cersei is as gentle as King Maegor, as selfless as Aegon the Unworthy, as wise as Mad Aerys. She never forgets a slight, real or imagined. She takes caution for cowardice and dissent for defiance. And she is greedy. Greedy for power, for honor, for love. Tommen's rule is bolstered by all of the alliances that my lord father built so carefully, but soon enough she will destroy them, every one. Land and raise your banners, and men will flock to your cause. Lords great and small, and smallfolk too. But do not wait too long, my prince. The moment will not last. The tide that lifts you now will soon recede. Be certain you reach Westeros before my sister falls and someone more competent takes her place (281).

Of course that's about Tyrion wanting Cersei dead, imo. On the one hand, it would be great if Cersei died (for Tyrion) in that it would take the death sentence off his head, and he'd likely have a good shot at getting Casterly Rock besides. If he doesn't get Casterly Rock and some big changes don't happen (which of course they might, lol), then he can't go back to Westeros anyway, since he apparently can't survive too well without being a Lannister. On the other hand, the way he talks about killing her is so over the top that I feel like he wants to do it largely out of some kind of feeling that I'm not understanding, and not just for practical reasons.

In fact, I agree with Alexia that he's being *so* over the top in his hatred of her that I almost think maybe he wouldn't be able to kill her at all, and this is all just him playing a part to himself. I keep thinking about the moment in CoK when she kisses him and he's giddy he's so happy about it. Then in SoS, when the Red Viper tells him the story about when he met Tyrion as children and Cersei told the wet nurse to get out of the room because Tyrion was "hers" -- Tyrion is *delighted* to hear that she claimed him. And at the end of that story, when the Red Viper says that Cersei says Tyrion killed her mother and twists his dick until he screams, Tyrion seems really upset and hurt (I can find the quotes if you guys want? doubt you want yet more quotes, so didn't put them in :P). He is definitely throwing enemies in her path, but if push comes to shove, I don't know if he actually wants her dead, or if he wants her to forgive him. I also think that these two lines: "Greedy for power, for honor, for love" and "She never forgets a slight, real or imagined" are interesting in terms of their relationship.

The other part of Tyrion's conversation/game with Aegon -- the thing about him needing to meet with Dany as a conqueror but then meanwhile keeping Aegon from using his might until it's too late...Seems like Tyrion's move is to try and whip up Aegon's sentiment so that he ends up doing something bold/is completely distracted, and while Aegon is busy with that emotional hurricane, Tyrion will sweep in and take what he needs.

That makes me think that he wants to get the two Targs together and away from the dragons, so it'll be easy to kill them in one fell swoop and take the Throne for himself. Or maybe he'd want to use Aegon and/or Dany as a kind of figurehead, and then rule from beneath them? I don't think so, because Tyrion wants glory more than anything. Even when the trial for Joffrey's murder was at its lowest point, what caused him to freak out (and throw his meal all over the wall) was when he thought he'd be forever remembered as some monstrous kin-killing dwarf.

A lot of the time (most of the time??), Tyrion just can't stop himself. He just has to make mischief and he has to poke and prod and irritate others. Oft times this leads to him acting with very little forethought, and doing stupid things. Usually he realizes later he should have kept his damn mouth shut.

I think Tyrion was telling his true opinion when he said that if Aegon were to go West before Daenerys, that she would soon be forced to follow and make her own claim (or to ally with them). However, I don't think that it was really a particularly good idea on Tyrion's part to say this at this point. It could lead to them going West without Daenerys, and Tyrion I think is smart enough to know that Dragons will be extremely useful for conquering Westeros. At the least, it would lead to more friction between Tyrion, Aegon, and Griff. Not good for Tyrion!

But this is Tyrion's way. He's a bit of a mental "bully" - he likes to show his smarts and throw others off balance. And he certainly did that with both young and old Griff.

ETA:

And then when he tries to pull the same tricks with Jorah, he is rewarded a punch in the face. :rolleyes:

To put the money into perspective: the champion's purse for the tournament in A Game of Thrones was forty thousand dragons. The crown is several million dragons in debt, and IIRC about half of it is owed to House Lannister. If Tyrion ever truly becomes lord of Casterly Rock, paying the Second Sons is going to be the least of his worries.

He should instead be concerned about any surviving family members.

That makes me think that he wants to get the two Targs together and away from the dragons, so it'll be easy to kill them in one fell swoop and take the Throne for himself. Or maybe he'd want to use Aegon and/or Dany as a kind of figurehead, and then rule from beneath them? I don't think so, because Tyrion wants glory more than anything. Even when the trial for Joffrey's murder was at its lowest point, what caused him to freak out (and throw his meal all over the wall) was when he thought he'd be forever remembered as some monstrous kin-killing dwarf.

Tyrion isn't stupid. He knows perfectly well that he can't possibly be king. Even if he could muster an army to capture King's Landing, he'd never enjoy enough support throughout the realm and would probably be deposed extremely quickly if he decided to crown himself.

ETA:

But this is Tyrion's way. He's a bit of a mental "bully" - he likes to show his smarts and throw others off balance. And he certainly did that with both young and old Griff.

This is pretty much it. Tyrion considers his brains his one true advantage in life, but it's not enough for him to quietly think about how much smarter than everyone he is, he likes to go and prove it, particularly when he has reasons to be jealous of the other guy, as he does with "Aegon".

I don't think Connington really fell for him, he just went along with the idea because he's dying and wants to go home.

I think that Tyrion was messing with Aegon just for laughs and trying to get the better of him when they were playing a game. Sort of like messing with his head. Tyrion didn't really believe that Aegon would actually be able to persuade the Golden Company to go to Westros; he expected Jon Connington to put a clamp on that notion. The dragons and Dany are important because they help quiet down any questions about Aegon's legitimacy. Plus Dany is in quite a pickle in Meereen, so she'd probably be grateful and wouldn't laugh at Aegon's offer like she did Quentyn's. Aegon actually has a company of highly trained sellswords that could probably outfight the Slaver's Bay army while Quentyn had two men and a piece of paper. Plus, Aegon is apparently a hottie and this is very important to Dany.

Tyrion is basically having a little fun right now and trying to survive himself. I don't think that he ever expects to gain Casterly Rock because he is a kinslayer, but he does want to bring havoc for his own amusement. And he likes cutting people down a few levels, especially teenagers with too high opinions of themselves. He did this to Jon in Game of Thrones and will probably do this to Dany when he finally meets up with her. Jon actually gained something from his relationship with Tyrion and hopefully Dany will as well. FakeAegon is a brat and probably isn't going to listen to Tyrion's hard truths and gain anything from them, especially since no-nonsense Jon Connington cannot even contain him anymore.

I agree with this assessment. Notice that in that scene, Tyrion keeps telling Aegon not to trust anyone and then proceeds to give him crappy advice. Also, Tyrion was surprised when he found out that Aegon and company actually took his advice. It probably gave him some joy to thwart Ilyrio and Varys plans.

I don't think Tyrion is dumb enough to want to go back to Westeros without Dany and her dragons. He doesn't even believe Aegon is legitimate IMO.

Even if he could muster an army to capture King's Landing, he'd never enjoy enough support throughout the realm and would probably be deposed extremely quickly if he decided to crown himself.

I agree that what he wants isn't actually the Throne, it's glory and respect. Even now he keeps thinking about the singer's song for him and Shae and brings up the Rains of Castamere. In some ways, I think Tyrion is still a romantic, and I think he would *love love love* to go home some kind of conquering hero with songs of his own. *LOVE.* So I'm wondering if he's seeing some kind of path to doing that?

I doubt that he could care less whether Aegon gets the throne in Westeros. What's the difference *right now* to him whether it's Aegon? All he wants is Cersei dead, and he doesn't want to do it himself because he doesn't want everybody to see that blood on his hands. With Cersei gone, he can figure out the rest later -- at least his death sentence would be no problem and his claim to Casterly Rock relatively secure. So I do think he meant to send Aegon to Westeros, to kill Cersei. Why would he rather Aegon come and start all kinds of ruckus with Dany first, when he could be lopping off Cersei's head, and leaving Tyrion to come (relatively safely) swooping in with Dany as part of her train, when she goes to "rescue" the realm?

I do think that Tyrion's plans are bound to get screwed up. He won the game, which makes it seem to me that he'll lose the war. And if he's seriously thinking about flying into Westeros on a dragon, he's crazy. I literally cannot think of a scarier picture. They'll write songs about that, alright.

I don't think that the stuff he said at the game was total crap, because otherwise why would all this attention be paid to the fact that they're *game-playing*? There were plenty of Cyvesse games we didn't see *thank god* so Tyrion bringing up a specific strategy and then screwing Aegon over with it is probably going to be significant later. Also, there's that long sequence in Essos when Tyrion is playing against all his master's friends, and each time he plays with them he discovers something about their character. These people are always themselves, they're going to keep thinking the same way time and again -- so he knows now that Aegon is overly bold and moved by sentiment and we know that Tyrion is...someone who wants to steadily weaken his opponent until they're caught and don't even know it? Likes to make his opponents over-play their strengths? I think that has to do with who he is as a character, and will also come up again.

ETA:

Oh wait, are you saying that he should probably assume that Aegon is too weak to even kill Cersei and hold KL for a very limited time? I just don't really know what the alternatives would be -- why would it be better to bring Aegon with him to Dany? I would think he'd rather keep them apart...

Which makes me think *Dany* might be the metaphorical cyvesse "dragon" piece on the board. Tyrion says: leave Dany be, go West, hold until Dany comes. Meanwhile, Tyrion says, leave your dragon be, don't play it soon, hold it until you need it. Then BOOM he gets right to Aegon and doesn't give him a chance to use the dragon at all.

So confusing. I am so not a strategist!

I got the feeling that Tyrion wanted a chance to get to Dany before Young Griff did. YG already has Connington as his trusted advisor. If YG meets Dany, and she accepts him as a Targ, then Connington will get accepted too, and will become Dany's key advisor concerning Westeros. That's a position Tyrion wants and needs. He has no place now that he's fled Westeros. He has no income. He wants a shot at becoming Dany's Hand, and Connington would have been in his way. With YG and Connington going west, Tyrion has a chance to establish a place with Dany.

Plus all the other stuff everyone else is saying.

(edited for grammar)

Of course that's about Tyrion wanting Cersei dead, imo. On the one hand, it would be great if Cersei died (for Tyrion) in that it would take the death sentence off his head, and he'd likely have a good shot at getting Casterly Rock besides. If he doesn't get Casterly Rock and some big changes don't happen (which of course they might, lol), then he can't go back to Westeros anyway, since he apparently can't survive too well without being a Lannister. On the other hand, the way he talks about killing her is so over the top that I feel like he wants to do it largely out of some kind of feeling that I'm not understanding, and not just for practical reasons.

In fact, I agree with Alexia that he's being *so* over the top in his hatred of her that I almost think maybe he wouldn't be able to kill her at all, and this is all just him playing a part to himself. I keep thinking about the moment in CoK when she kisses him and he's giddy he's so happy about it. Then in SoS, when the Red Viper tells him the story about when he met Tyrion as children and Cersei told the wet nurse to get out of the room because Tyrion was "hers" -- Tyrion is *delighted* to hear that she claimed him. And at the end of that story, when the Red Viper says that Cersei says Tyrion killed her mother and twists his dick until he screams, Tyrion seems really upset and hurt (I can find the quotes if you guys want? doubt you want yet more quotes, so didn't put them in :P). He is definitely throwing enemies in her path, but if push comes to shove, I don't know if he actually wants her dead, or if he wants her to forgive him. I also think that these two lines: "Greedy for power, for honor, for love" and "She never forgets a slight, real or imagined" are interesting in terms of their relationship.

He jealous of everything else about Jaime, so why not his "relationship" with Cersei.

BTW, I'm not sure Tyrion actually gave YG bad advice. If he just showed up in Mereen claiming that he was Aegon and that the throne was his, how would Dany react? It's an interesting question. We know how prickly she is about her birthright, and if YG just showed up saying he was King after all the work Dany did would she go for that?

It doesn't really make much sense to me either though, since Tyrion needs to get Cersei off the throne in order to survive in Westeros, so my guess is he would want YG and the Golden Company to join Dany and all her soldiers.

The only possible explanation to me is like people said above- Tyrion just can't help himself. He'll mouth off to everyone, even if it means getting his face smashed in by Ser Jorah. He just doesn't seem to be able to control himself from creating as much chaos as possible and messing up plans. He reminds me a lot of Littlefinger to be honest.

BTW, I'm not sure Tyrion actually gave YG bad advice. If he just showed up in Mereen claiming that he was Aegon and that the throne was his, how would Dany react? It's an interesting question. We know how prickly she is about her birthright, and if YG just showed up saying he was King after all the work Dany did would she go for that?

It doesn't really make much sense to me either though, since Tyrion needs to get Cersei off the throne in order to survive in Westeros, so my guess is he would want YG and the Golden Company to join Dany and all her soldiers.

The only possible explanation to me is like people said above- Tyrion just can't help himself. He'll mouth off to everyone, even if it means getting his face smashed in by Ser Jorah. He just doesn't seem to be able to control himself from creating as much chaos as possible and messing up plans. He reminds me a lot of Littlefinger to be honest.

I think thats also a reason why Aegon beheaved that way. he felt insulted by tyrions tactlessness

I don't think that the stuff he said at the game was total crap, because otherwise why would all this attention be paid to the fact that they're *game-playing*?

BTW, I'm not sure Tyrion actually gave YG bad advice.

There's a parallel between "Aegon" following Tyrion's advice in the Cyvasse game and him following the advice to go to Westeros alone.

In the Cyvasse game Tyrion managed to beat him because he had tricked him into deploying his dragon, the most powerful piece, far away from where it was needed. And now the Golden Company is in the Seven Kingdoms, far away from the only three living dragons in the world.

ETA:

That's not to say that what Tyrion said was entirely wrong (much easier to sell any kind of lie if you mix it with truth, after all), but the dragons could make all the difference between victory and defeat, just passing them up because dealing with Dany would be awkward is rather ridiculous. It's not like "Aegon" had nothing to offer, he had the most elite mercenary company in the world as well as his supposed Targaryen descent. He is a much more attractive ally (even in the physical sense) than Quentyn Martell was when he showed up.

Then there's the prophecy Quaithe gave to Dany. Barriston would know who Jon and Tyrion are. Dany would almost immediately be able to piece together that these were the lion and griffin she was warned about, making Aegon the mummer's dragon. With that in mind, Dany would probably be less likely to take up YG's cause than she was Quentyn's, especially when he commands a company of sellswords rather than true bannermen.

I think the big thing about making it *Casterly Rock* who owes the money to the sellswords (not Tyrion just on his own), the thing is that he's now got 50 men (who are in command of 450 more) who have a vested interest in him becoming Lord of Casterly Rock.

*Dany* might be the metaphorical cyvesse "dragon" piece on the board. Tyrion says: leave Dany be, go West, hold until Dany comes. Meanwhile, Tyrion says, leave your dragon be, don't play it soon, hold it until you need it. Then BOOM he gets right to Aegon and doesn't give him a chance to use the dragon at all.

Tyrion has: sellswords who are invested in him to be Lord of Casterly Rock, knowledge of Westeros, a personal connection to Aegon.

Tyrion wants: glory, Casterly Rock, Cersei's head on a platter (or her forgiveness. I actually think he would prefer that, deep down. But that's got basically a negligible chance of coming, so...).

If Tyrion's MO (based on his cyvesse strategy) is to make everyone overplay their strengths:

Dany's strengths are her dragons and her familial loyalty. Probably Tyrion is going to try to get her to deploy the dragons in Aegon's name, but far from Aegon (which will leave Aegon vulnerable). That'll get her out of the picture for a while and draw all the enemies attention to her.

Aegon's strength is the Golden Company. Also, his boldness? His story? His "connection" to Dany? Tyrion will have to discredit his story while the Golden Company are out of the picture -- maybe helping Dany?

*Is Cersei still in it right now? Her strength could become a connection to the Faith, since she's just done a big public penance and the Faith in general has become really powerful at this point. The "Mother" (as in the 7 faces of god's mother) and the "Mother" (as in the mother of Meereen) facing off could be awesome...so just like I put in Dany's dragons in her list of strengths, I'll throw in Tommen and Myrcella as strengths for Cersei. Tyrion already separated her from one. He'd have to find a way to separate her from Tommen, too, I guess (again). I don't know if Cersei really comes into this picture or not, though. Seems as though he'd rather have other people deal with her than deal with her directly, because if Tyrion's scared of anybody at this point, it is Cersei.

I still think Tyrion is likely to follow his cyvesse strategy of getting ENEMY X alone and distracted, and then swooping in while his strengths are deployed elsewhere. But I don't know who ENEMY X is -- maybe it's not *Aegon* he'll use that strategy against, maybe it's Cersei, or even Dany. Or everybody.

Regardless, I'm just not seeing a way for Tyrion to emerge looking *glorious* or even respectable from all this. That doesn't mean there isn't a way, I'm just not seeing it.

ETA:

I would think that he'd have to meet his goals in the order:

1. Kill Cersei

2. Earn Glory

3. Claim Casterly Rock.

Cersei's got to be dead before Tyrion comes back into the city, or he'll just end up in some cell. Also, I don't know if he could literally murder her (to her face) or not. He was able to do it to Tywin and Shae, so it's possible...but he's got some different kind of thing going on w/r/t Cersei and I think it would be hard for him (hence his constant I WANT TO RAPE HER AND KILL HER AND RAPE HER HER AGAIN overcompensating vileness). I don't *want* Cersei to die before Tyrion gets to KL because their reunion is something I'd *very very very* much like to see. But what's his alternative?

Then he should come in already glorious/his coming should be the glory. Like Renly's ghost. If he sets it up so that even just arriving makes him into a hero, then as long as he arrives at all, he's got glory. *I have no idea how he can make that happen.*

Claiming Casterly Rock shouldn't be so hard, because all it will take is having someone on the throne who he's allies with. Of course one complication is that Casterly Rock half-owns the throne, since it owns the debts. So I'd be pretty worried about even an ally king or queen being like: nawwwww you can have Winterfell/Harrenhall/Wherever instead, but Casterly Rock is the crown's, as payment for the Lannister's treachery. I mean, if technically Cersei is the heir now, since both Lord Tywin's sons were disowned/ineligible for inheritance, then when she is killed/stripped of power, then Casterly Rock *should* be "confiscated" by the crown as part of her properties, shouldn't it?

So it seems as though Tyrion needs to also consider at this point how to disinherit Cersei even before she's killed so Casterly Rock is *Tommen's,* and THEN have her killed so Tyrion can come back into town and THEN somehow get Casterly Rock away from Tommen. Maybe by having him gift it to him at his wedding to Dany?

If Dany would agree to a wedding with Tommen? If Aegon is already out of the way, because he was completely discredited while Dany and the dragons and gold cloaks were fighting in his name across the world? And if, in discrediting Aegon, Tyrion somehow comes out not looking like an evil person who the entirety of KL will hate/be terrified of?

I guess so far, I'm thinking:

1. Have Tommen inherit all of Cersei's properties, including Casterly Rock, without getting Cersei and her line kicked off the Throne. *how?

2. Kill Cersei. *how is Aegon involved?!

3. Deploy Dany and the dragons somewhere, telling her it's to help Aegon.

4. Come into KL.

5. Convince Aegon to send the Gold Company to help Dany, and say that the Second Brothers will keep KL safe in the meantime.

6. Discredit Aegon in a way that doesn't make Tyrion look bad. *?!

7. Dany comes back to rule, since Aegon is unfit. /also to kick him off the throne if he's still on it.

8. Marry Dany and Tommen. Accept Casterly Rock as a gift of appreciation from them (for saving them from Aegon, setting them up, etc).

9. Kill Dany and rule through Tommen as regent. Spend time training the dragons so that anytime Tommen wants to use them forever, he'll have to go through Tyrion. *Yes, I added that. How could Tyrion just stop at that point?

Still a lot of problems, obviously. And Tyrion is still not getting much glory, really, except that maybe people will think it's cool if he's a dragon-tamer.

Two things: I think Tyrion actually gives Aegon and his acolytes good advice, I mean look what happened to Quen... How unimpressive was that?

And now he's followed by another young wet behind the ears young prince? Not going to succeed.

Second point: Not at all sure that Tyrion intends to actually give good advice, he's a player at the moment in that he seems to be in it for the kicks and not any serious motivation, though it's always a plus to deviate an poetential rival...

Two things: I think Tyrion actually gives Aegon and his acolytes good advice, I mean look what happened to Quen... How unimpressive was that?

And now he's followed by another young wet behind the ears young prince? Not going to succeed

It might not have succeeded. However, fakeAegon had two things that Quent didn't have. First, fakeAegon is a looker. Barristan pointed out that if Gerris, not Quentyn, had been the prince, then everything was different. Dany is a teenaged girl and hottness is an important criteria for her. Second, fakeAegon has an elite army with him who could have helped Dany out of a major bind in Meereen. The Golden Company should really have feigned west and then headed east and helped break the siege of Meereen. This would have earned them goodwill with Dany and may have made her take the proposal seriously, especially since her hubby tried to poison her. Husbands can always be disposed of and marriages annulled. Tyrion was actually shocked that Aegon took his advice; I think that he was just psyching a bratty "prince" out for his own amusement and thought that his realistic advisors would constrain him.

To put the money into perspective: the champion's purse for the tournament in A Game of Thrones was forty thousand dragons. The crown is several million dragons in debt, and IIRC about half of it is owed to House Lannister. If Tyrion ever truly becomes lord of Casterly Rock, paying the Second Sons is going to be the least of his worries.

Tyrion isn't stupid. He knows perfectly well that he can't possibly be king. Even if he could muster an army to capture King's Landing, he'd never enjoy enough support throughout the realm and would probably be deposed extremely quickly if he decided to crown himself.

I don't think Tyrion has any intention of paying off Plumm and his men.

For one thing, he can't grant Plumm a lordship, can he? I think only the king (or possibly the Hand) has the power to do that.

And, Tyrion is well-aware of how he's viewed in Westeros, he could never keep the throne if he did grab it. What I think he actually wants is to become the power behind the throne; he seemed happiest when he was the Hand.

Really no need to flame anyone like that; he was just doing what most posters do to question Aegon's true parentage, and you don't need to go berserk like that.

FWIW, I actually thought that post was a joke, not serious rage.

I don't think Tyrion has any intention of paying off Plumm and his men.

For one thing, he can't grant Plumm a lordship, can he? I think only the king (or possibly the Hand) has the power to do that.

I don't know, a Lannister always pays his debts after all.

He can definitely grant him a castle, lands and have him knighted (see House Clegane for example). I'd say he can probably also grant him the powers of a lord within his domain, the Westerlands are under the control of House Lannister. Tyrion obviously couldn't name him the lord of a castle in another kingdom, nor elevate him to the position of Lord Paramount, but the Lord of Casterly Rock is presumably free to do with his domain as he pleases, provided his actions do not displease the king.

Yeah I don't think 150,000 dragons is quite beggar-worthy of a house. The tournament of the hand threw out 90,000 dragons. Of course Robert was a ridiculously reckless spender, but House Lannister is famed for its wealth. If 150,000 were enough to bankrupt one of the seven houses, 90,000 would be much more than tourney reward money.

As for paying... a Lannister always pays his debts. But do Targaryens?

Haha. I don't think paying them would be a big deal, but if Tyrion turns out to be a Targaryen I think it isn't outside the realm of possibility George would like to take a twist on one of Tyrion's favorite phrases.

Yeah I don't think 150,000 dragons is quite beggar-worthy of a house. The tournament of the hand threw out 90,000 dragons. Of course Robert was a ridiculously reckless spender, but House Lannister is famed for its wealth. If 150,000 were enough to bankrupt one of the seven houses, 90,000 would be much more than tourney reward money.

As for paying... a Lannister always pays his debts. But do Targaryens?

Haha. I don't think paying them would be a big deal, but if Tyrion turns out to be a Targaryen I think it isn't outside the realm of possibility George would like to take a twist on one of Tyrion's favorite phrases.

Well, technically, Tyrion would be a Lannister anyway.

Archived