The Latest Upgrade

Quoth

When you're not logged in, is the site text always going to be somewhat paler red on dark red? That's pretty much unreadable because it doesn't show and I have to select the text with my mouse to even find the forum where I want to go, and the thread topics (in the ADWD subforum) were spread so far apart that there was only room for four of them on my normal-sized screen. This might not be a problem to forum regulars who never sign out, but since I'm a casual visitor I would prefer not to stay logged in unless I actually have something to post. It's a shame if the upgrade discourages browsing.

Is there any way to disable profile pictures in the settings? So many people don't have them, and it's such a waste to see profile after profile taking up space. I know some members will probably upload new avatars once they see the change, but not everybody will. Is there no way to opt out?

Is there any way to change the site theme/look? I see 'Change Theme' at the bottom of the page but it only links here.

And finally, is there no longer going to be a bar, whatever it's called, at the bottom of the page that allows you to see all the forums and go where you want - now you have to from the GOT subforum to ASOIAF main and from there to ADWD, instead of going straight from GOT to ADWD?

We'll be changing various colors and such when we have time.

Don't think disabling of avatars is available.

Finally, I think they may have removed that quick navigation shortcut. I'll look into whether there's a setting to restore it.

I am logged in but when I try to view a member's profile I get this error message

[#10221] You do not have permission to view the member listing.

This morning, before the update, I didn0t have this problem.

Ran has said he's disabled the profile-viewing for now because so many members are trying at the same time to access it. I'm sure once things get sorted out a bit more, it'll be turned back on.

Any idea if the drop down menu to navigate between different parts of the forum will be back. It used to be at the bottom of the page.

Finally, I think they may have removed that quick navigation shortcut. I'll look into whether there's a setting to restore it.

ya know that info was only a couple of posts above yours....

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but in notification options there is an option for 'Mobile App Notifications' - do we have or plan to have a mobile app? Or is this just a feature of the upgraded software that happens to be there? There's a strong likelihood it's just me not understanding something!

The new features I have come across are really nice btw, once you've finished tinkering it should be great - so thanks for the continued hard work guys :thumbsup:

I've looked at the recent upgrade announcement threads and this but did not see anything about Tapatalk, my lifeline while at work. I have also made sure I am running the latest version for my Android phone. It's not the end of the world as I can still go through the forum slowly using the web browser, but any word on how long it might be out of the water would be helpful.

Currently when I try to connect I receive a prompt for a username and password, after filling them out it rejects it and gives me a shortly timed popup stating "You must fill in both fields".

If I cancel out I can see the forum sections, but all threads have zero posts inside or post replies/pages associated when selecting them.

I need to get the latest Tapatalk package, it's probably updated to work with 3.2.

Invision already has an app, which I believe you can find as Invision Communities in the iOs app store. Push notifications can be enabled providing our forum pays some sort of license fee for it, I need to look into what that entails.

I have just found the Quick navagation icon (which was previously they drop down menu link on the bottom of the board) is located at the top of the baord to the right of "view new posts" Its not as good as the old way scrolling to the bottom/top of the list is a pain. but it does work.

Great find.

Note that at the very bottom of the forum is a circle with an arrow pointing up -- it'll take you straight to the top, so that should speed up the process a bit.

a wooden chair,

I have updated to the latest Tapatalk plugin, which is supposed to be compatible with 3.2.0 and 3.2.1, but not necessarily 3.2.2 which was recently released. Let me know if it's functioning any better now.

Some of the Tapatalk functionality seems to be there, Ran, since I am actually able to log in with Tapatalk now, while I could not do that earlier when I tried. (Was very confused. That was the first time I tried to look at the board today, and it wouldn't let me view any threads, so I didn't realize the board had been updated and was about to go yell at Tapatalk for sucking.)

All your Facebook is belong to us.

Ummm, I realize you're overloaded right now, Ran, but...what does this mean?

ETA: Just a note--and please--I don't care, I'M NOT BITCHING AND COMPLAINING, lol, just letting you know. I saw that my post count in my profile is different than it appears here. Again, I don't care a whit, just reporting in.

Whew. I can no longer effectively browse on my Droid phone. Used to get a condensed version of the board, now the whole page loads. I must readjust the screen size on every topic and screen.

Anyone know if there is an option to make it phone friendly again? It is to much of a headache to use as is.

edit: Ok, that worked. Thanks.Next question, do I need to reload my avatar and stuff? I am seeing no ones.

edit 2: No it didn't. It works on topic list, then reverts when i go to read any threads.

Pre-upgrade, my phone would use the mobile skin and my PC would use the normal version and I never had to do anything to get either.

Post-upgrade, I had to scroll down and select IP board mobile (because clicking on use mobile version did nothing) and the mobile skin launched.

When I opened up westeros on my PC, it also loaded the mobile skin. I had to change back to the 'normal (new)' skin. Now, that is what loads on my phone.

I am logged into westeros on both, so it seems to be a universal setting to the account which it never was before.

It is not critical but I feel it worth mentioning. Thx.

ETA: yeah, Droid phone here too. Using the default browser that comes with TMobile - Web2Go

Archived