NFL Regular Season 2011 Mk.II

Spring Bass

Here's my thoughts on this week's games:

KC @ Detroit

I think the Lions are legit. Cassell will get to see Suh up close and personal. The chiefs will lose big.

I think it'll take more than a Week 2 win against the Chiefs to truly declare the Lions "legit". That being said, it's not a game I'd expect the Lions to lose, as long as Stafford stays on the field.

Green Bay @ Carolina

Mr Newton, say hello to Clay Mathews. I think GB will drop 40+ points on the Panthers, I mean Cardinals scored 28 against this D. If Newton plays well against the defending SB campions, the hype will reach to epic proportion.

You mean the hype could be...Tebow-esque...?

This is a game that would otherwise get zero press if Romo wasn't coming off yet another choke job for the ages. I don't understand him, I really think he's a great QB... who somehow makes the wrong decision 100% of the time when the game comes down to the wire.

:dunno:

Romo is great. He keeps both teams in the game.

I think it'll take more than a Week 2 win against the Chiefs to truly declare the Lions "legit". That being said, it's not a game I'd expect the Lions to lose, as long as Stafford stays on the field.

I thought they were legit before week 1. But I do agree that they'll have to win some more games before the critics and the wider football fans give them any respect; they have had a pretty bad run for as long as I can remember.

You mean the hype could be...Tebow-esque...?

:cheers:

This is a game that would otherwise get zero press if Romo wasn't coming off yet another choke job for the ages. I don't understand him, I really think he's a great QB... who somehow makes the wrong decision 100% of the time when the game comes down to the wire.

:dunno:

Romo reminds me of what I call "masters of the dojo" - people who perform very well when facing normal adversity, but collapse mentally and make mistakes they'd otherwise never make when they face pressure they're not used to. How many world champion athletes seem to just fold when comes the pressure of the Olympics? As a Canadian, I will never forget Jeremy Wotherspoon's fall at the 2002 Olympics:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/winterolympics2002/hi/english/skating/newsid_1815000/1815348.stm

Watching this Jets/Jaguars game is ugly. I'm not just talking about the horrible uniforms either. Two Sanchez interceptions and the Jaguars can only follow it up with 2 interceptions and a safety. It is only 15 to 3 but it is a Jets game. The Jaguars don't have a chance. Just put in the rookie. :dunno:

Bears offensive line woes combined with the Saints blitzing D has Cutler spooked and making throws too early. And of course, both Roy Williams and Earl Bennett being injured has all but killed Martz's favored four-receiver set.

Bears defense is going to have to force a few takeaways or this game is all but over.

As I expected, GB has slowed down Cam Newton. But it wasn't easy. He started off red hot again with over 100 yards and TD in the first half. since then he's thrown 2 picks and is getting no help from the running game.

Darn good game in New Orleans.

Bears offensive line woes combined with the Saints blitzing D has Cutler spooked and making throws too early. And of course, both Roy Williams and Earl Bennett being injured has all but killed Martz's favored four-receiver set.

Bears defense is going to have to force a few takeaways or this game is all but over.

So who's serving crows now ? :cool4:

The Saints have done a good job of wearing down the Bears' D, and it looks like the various injuries will be too much for the Bears to overcome.

Doesn't look good in KC as a Jamaal Charles gets carted off and Detroit is up 14-3.

Midway through the 4th and Stafford is on the sidelines - resting. Currently 48 - 3?

What happened to my abysmal Lions!

Offensive line is just offensive, as predicted. Chicago has no chance at accomplishing much this season with that line.

Injuries hurt bad though. Two top receivers, one of the top running backs out... hmmm... according to last season's logic when the Bears faced injury-depleted teams, doesn't that mean New Orleans got lucky?

I was starting to regret my FF benching of Cam Newton, but then reality set in.

I am not able to see this Ravens/Tenn game. What exactly is going on?

Ravens looked like complete garbage today, plain and simple. Nobody could get open on offense, and on defense, nobody could cover anybody to save their lives. Hopefully they can regroup and re-plan so this never happens again this season.

Archived