NFL Regular Season 2011 Mk.II

Spring Bass

Since the conversation is about announcers...does Gruden get fined or suspended for swearing on air?

I thought I heard him say "shit," chalked it up to me not paying 100% attention, then heard him apologize for it maybe 20-30 minutes later, and started laughing. He would have gotten away with it if he hadn't acknowledged it! :lol:

I thought I heard him say "shit," chalked it up to me not paying 100% attention, then heard him apologize for it maybe 20-30 minutes later, and started laughing. He would have gotten away with it if he hadn't acknowledged it! :lol:

Me too. I thought I heard it but was not really paying attention and figured I was wrong. Also, I really wish I took Welker in the Survivor. I could have traded you him for a ton after yesterday (so just like normal) :)

The Skins-Giants game went pretty well. It’s always good to win divisional games, and the Giants secondary was walking wounded, so this was a must-win game at home if we want to be considered a decent team. The defense looked very good except for safety. We need Laron Landry to get healthy ASAP, Doughty was not getting it done. 7th round pick Chris Neald (WVU) had two sacks as the backup nose tackle. First round pick Ryan Kerrigan had a pick-six. I think that it looks very promising that we had a great draft in terms of our defensive choices. Second round pick Jenkins is out for the year, but assuming he can come back, things could really work out nicely on that end.

The odd thing was, and maybe I’m just jaded about the Skins, I really didn’t feel particularly heartened about the offense in this game. The offense scored 3 touchdowns (and a missed 39 yard field goal). Grossman had over 300 yards, threw no picks, and lost one fumble. But this was against one of the most depleted defenses we will see all year. Even without Osi or Tuck, the Giants were getting constant pressure on Grossman. The much ballyhooed run game racked up less than 90 total yards.

I think we’ve got a good chance to start 2-0 since we have the Cards coming to town next week, but after that, I think we are going to be exposed.

But it’s one week, and it was a good one. Nice to beat the Giants after they have had so much success against us recently. And the defense is looking younger, faster and hungrier. That will definitely be our strength this year.

God Orton, you're making a very convincing case to join the Tebow is Football Bejezus people. WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!?!?!

Gus has it right. We're in for a long season.

If it makes you feel any better (and as a Broncos fan, it most assuredly will not), I think the Raiders might be a pretty decent team this year. They have one of the strongest defensive lines in the country, thier offensive line looks solid, special teams are awesome and they have plenty of speed everywhere. There are some holes, and Jason Campbell (like always) needs to step up, but I doubt the Broncos are going to look this bad every week. At least they looked better than the Chiefs.

If it makes you feel any better (and as a Broncos fan, it most assuredly will not), I think the Raiders might be a pretty decent team this year. They have one of the strongest defensive lines in the country, thier offensive line looks solid, special teams are awesome and they have plenty of speed everywhere. There are some holes, and Jason Campbell (like always) needs to step up, but I doubt the Broncos are going to look this bad every week. At least they looked better than the Chiefs.

They do look AFC west good(so decent anywhere else), the broncos look pretty awful though. Ick

My expectations for the Broncos are pretty low. I thought the defense looked sharper than last year but I don't see a real turn around in wins with a tough schedule this year. Like I said earlier I'm mostly hoping for a improvement in the offensive line this year other than a better defense. The offensive line have been changed every year in the McDaniels years and now they got clady back in shape and a new right tackle that is supposed to have potential and the others are young. If they get it together this year that part of the team could be set for years and would be something to build while they find talent elsewhere. On the other side of the ball linebackers look good and a few other spots. Denver need atleast another offseason to fix their problems.

I was stunned when they showed the stat that 412 was Brady's career yards record. Sure, 400+ is a fuckton of yardage, but I would have thought that he'd have had a couple games well into the 400's especially in that year when he broke the TD pass record.

No, they ran the ball up and down the field that year. Brady just took it upon himself to throw 1 and 2 yard touchdowns.

Really guys? It's only week one. We usually have the dick waving contest around week 7.

But if they don't wave them around, how will they convince themselves that they aren't tiny?

I'm so ashamed. The ridiculousness vortex kept sucking me in further.

It happens from time to time. Just remember; defending Trent Dilfer is one thing. Defending Al Davis is something unforgivable...

What's funny is that he got a ton of yards, but by comparison it's not close to his best games by DYAR. It's a good game, but he wasn't efficient enough and didn't get enough first downs often enough.

Funny, that. But it rings true; when you get 500 yards you'd expect to get a lot more than 38 points if you're being really efficient, and they weren't.

What's funny is that he got a ton of yards, but by comparison it's not close to his best games by DYAR. It's a good game, but he wasn't efficient enough and didn't get enough first downs often enough.

Funny, that. But it rings true; when you get 500 yards you'd expect to get a lot more than 38 points if you're being really efficient, and they weren't.

20% of the passing yardage came on one play. I thought he looked incredibly sharp, particularly on the mental side of things. I swear that he and Welker share some sort of Vulcan mind meld or somesuch.

I think he was very sharp. I think he looked prepared, knew where he was supposed to throw and had (mostly) all day to do it. It wasn't just Welker - he did amazing with his TEs and with the run audibles. It was just a great performance, though not his best.

It's funny that they're going to the Duck hurry-up offense all the time. I've been curious to see how that works in the nFL, and this is probably as close to it as we'll see. And yeah, with the bad conditioning and poor organization it is going to wreck teams.

Really guys? It's only week one. We usually have the dick waving contest around week 7.

Ah. C'mon. No one wants to play with you on those things anymore...

Gotta say, talking smack about announcers is about the lamest thing I've seen in these threads so far. On all sides.

Only because the NFL never was OsRavan's thing...

Ah. C'mon. No one wants to play with you on those anymore...

It's because I'm a chick, huh? I assure you, even though I physically lack a penis, I have bigger balls than most people.

Also, Jax, there's sometime I've been meaning to ask you. Have you been introduced to the period? I know he's just a little guy, but he looks like this . I thought maybe you guys would want to meet, hang out - maybe take him out for a nice seafood dinner and never call him again? I dunno.

Your friend,

Mya

Archived