2011 Major League Baseball 2 - The Postseason

Bronn Stone

Bones-

Thanks for the faith man.

I am so pissed right now...grr. Hopefully somebody else on the team can pick it up, otherwise this is all over.

You would think I would be happy with what we have gotten so far this year, but I was hoping for so much more....

:bawl: :stillsick:

That was a great game by the Tigers. And it will still likely be a 6 or 7 game series. And a great season overall. And really there's no reason to say for sure they can't still win it. Stranger things have happened. (Re:2010)

Granted, I'm speaking as a fan of the defending World Champion San Francisco Giants* but I haven't been able to ever do that in my lifetime.**

*Yeah, I can't stop mentioning this until it isn't true, because**

Freese is a future star which I've been saying for a while. I hope we can keep him.

ETA: Apologies if "which I've been saying" is douche.

Not at all. You have been saying it for a while, I don't think it got much comment, and I'm telling you now that I agree.

I have a minor rant... My Rangers are playing in the ALCS for the second straight year, and are on the cusp of going to the World Series. I have been a fan for my whole life, and after 40 years, I finally have a team to cheer for.

I turn on ESPN today, and there is a minute blurb of the Rangers and then they proceed to talk about the Boston Redsox eating fried chicken and drinking beer for hours upon hours. Even now, they can not get any attention...

Results to me is contending for a playoff bearth into mid september. I expect that every single year when you outspend your small market competition.

You say that as if huge chunks of the Cubs' money is tied up in quality players that didn't reach their peaks 4-6 years ago.

Another great game in this series. Detroit finally caught some luck from the baseball gods in the sixth as a 3 run HR from Beltrae blew foul, and a sure double play to end the inning bounced off the bag. I was convinced the Rangers were going to rally in the 9th, but we are going to get another game. This has been an excellent series, and I am glad to be watching it. Now... GO RANGERS !!!!

Yep. He was safe fair and square. I wish it hadn't happened, but I still appreciate the great effort.

I'm actually relieved that we only gave up two. Lohse has a mutant power which is to have one disastrous inning which ruins his otherwise good start. If he gives up the first run it usually means four more are coming in that inning, so getting out of there with two feels nice.

That's the same power all the pitchers on the Brewers seem to have. It seems everytime there is someone on these days they all score.

This game is giving me heart burn...I have been eating Rolaids like friggin' skittles.

Wolf is pitching his ass off.

Archived