Ygritte cast!

Hyper

The wording on the article worries me just a little. It says

HBO is ready to unveil the final significant player added to the Game of Thrones second season cast.

Bolded, mine. Does this mean the Reeds and Ramsey are out or are they not considered significant at this season (both of which are entirely possible)?

I could see Ramsey being downplayed because we first meet him as "Reek" and the reveal of Ramsey is supposed to be a twist, so that casting announcement would might be purposefully downplayed. Then of course there's always a chance that they'll be writing them out of the show. I could see that with the Reeds, but it's hard to imagine Theon's plot without Reek/Ramsey.

it's hard to imagine Theon's plot without Reek/Ramsey.

They could drop the whole Reek subplot and just introduce Ramsay at the very end of the season.

We would lose Ramsey's evilness and his involvement with Bran and Rickon's death but it would work plotwise. They can explore Ramsay in future seasons, if we get that far. Not ideal obviously.

Ygritte definitely works. Don't even have to use a wig!

Funny that Rose has been cast, because I think her "replacement" on Downton Abbey looks more the part: Amy Nuttall http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1142271/

Though Rose was very good on Downton Abbey season 1 and she's a solid casting choice for a pivotal character in Jon Snow's life. They'll make a great couple. Obviously they're going for "Hollywood plain" as Rose is a lot more beautiful than Ygritte is described in the book. I hope they give her crooked teeth though, just to give her some similarity with the book other than hair colour and freckless.

"Final significant player" sounds to me like either Roose is going to take on the Ramsey role and Reek will merely be a Reek preparing the way for Roose to take over Winterfell. Or Osha takes the role of both Reeds and someone else goes with Rickon. If Ramsey is cut that would still only leave room for one Reed to turn up at Winterfell, I aimgaine that'll be Jojen with Osha taking on Meera's role in the story. TBH I think Osha is a good substitute for Meera. Lets face it the TV series will never delve into backstory to the extent that Meera's tale becomes important. And other than her knowledge of Westerosi history Meera and Osha are very much alike.

Dang, if they send off an ordinary Northerner with Rickon and Rickon is where we think he might be as of ADWD, if the series ever gets to ADWD I think they're going to have to put Rickon somewhere else. Probably no biggie in the grand scheme of things.

Funny that Rose has been cast, because I think her "replacement" on Downton Abbey looks more the part: Amy Nuttall http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1142271/

Though Rose was very good on Downton Abbey season 1 and she's a solid casting choice for a pivotal character in Jon Snow's life. They'll make a great couple. Obviously they're going for "Hollywood plain" as Rose is a lot more beautiful than Ygritte is described in the book. I hope they give her crooked teeth though, just to give her some similarity with the book other than hair colour and freckless.

Yet you still go around and directly suggest Amy, who at least according to the pictures at IMDB looks a lot more "Hollywood" model than Rose does. Oh well.

I think this is a great choice visually at least, we'll have to wait to see her acting ability. She looks perfect though, she looks like she can be rough and messy while still retaining some beauty.

I just don't know... I think she is way too pretty for Ygritte. Same as Gwendoline for Brienne. But whereas Brienne must be ugly for the story to work, the same is not true for Ygritte. And I think they will use this to let her Ygritte be Hollywood pretty. Not liking it... But we'll see.

They can always introduce the Boltons next season if they play around with the order of events a little.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'the Boltons', plural?

Roose Bolton has been cast, and it's such a perfect casting, IMO.

Michael McElhatton: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0568385/

"Final significant player" sounds to me like either Roose is going to take on the Ramsey role and Reek will merely be a Reek preparing the way for Roose to take over Winterfell.

If they cast Reek, why shouldn't he be Ramsey also? The problem surely is that we haven't heard that they have cast Reek? (Although, there is still time probably)

Dang, if they send off an ordinary Northerner with Rickon and Rickon is where we think he might be as of ADWD, if the series ever gets to ADWD I think they're going to have to put Rickon somewhere else. Probably no biggie in the grand scheme of things.

I'm sure they can easily find a reason why Rickon ends up in the same place, if they want to. There are many issues with replacing Meera with Osha but Rickon can still go to the right place.

I just don't know... I think she is way too pretty for Ygritte. Same as Gwendoline for Brienne. But whereas Brienne must be ugly for the story to work, the same is not true for Ygritte. And I think they will use this to let her Ygritte be Hollywood pretty. Not liking it... But we'll see.

I never got the impression Ygritte was particularly ugly from reading the books. But in any case, I'm sure they'll dirty her up as a wildling, much like they did with Osha.

Archived