How big is too big? ...well it was THIS BIG. update pg 13!

quirksome

Quirksome... you scare me. I'm so glad you're on the side of good instead of evil. :bowdown:

Well I am glad you ladies took my post in the spirit for which it was intended. :)

As for proposing with a gumball ring, I totally get it and would think it was funny. Seriously funny. I'd probably wear the damn thing for a while and then keep in forever.

Underwear, I don't know about. Were they at least good underwear or tighty-whities? (no, wait, maybe I don't want to know what kind of underwear your husband prefers.) :P

I strongly recommend not proposing with a pair of your underwear. That takes a special kinda love.

Well, if you are going to propose with a pair of underwear, it better be yours. Or at least your partners - though giving them something they all ready have is kinda crass.

If you're going to propose either go with a ring or none at all. The gumball ring just strikes me as intentionally provocative. Like you're trying to get them to feel slighted.

On the other hand, any time someone says "if you love me, you will ____ " it's a losing proposition.

My ex-husband proposed to me without a ring. I had no problem with that, it was sweet and unplanned. But if he had deliberately got me a cheap ring as as test, I dunno how I'd feel about that. Besides, I don't think many women are actually accepting a proposal because of "ooh shiny."

:agree:

Nora - Though I know I some women would be tempted by the finger candy. If it was very shiny. Shiny sparkly bling.... :drool: Especially if you got to keep it. Anyone else want to admit they're a materialistic ho? Ok I should shut up now...

Are you saying you would have perfect boobs because you are smug, or that you would have no boobs because you aren't smug?

Took me a whole minute to get that.... :dunce:

I've decided that a lot of the places also take a sneak at the stone through the loup while it's being cleaned to see how much you could potentially afford while you are in there. I've noticed that in any nice jewelry shop I've gone into, one of the first things they offer is to clean your ring, if you engage a salesperson AT ALL. I have gotten treated differently post-cleaning. . . . .

the only time I've done a double-take on rings being too big is when I thought the ring was way too big for the hand that it was on. otherwise, why would I care. My mom has hands way bigger than mine and she can wear huge rings, but they would look silly on me.

as far as the rest of the diamond-paycheck-tradition stuff, isn't that all just DeBeers garbage? I honestly don't like diamonds at all, and don't find there to be any reason to associate a ring with a marriage. on the other hand, I do like rings generally so I have a custom ruby ring that we used when I got married (I am way more into sparkly red than sparkly clear!). my man knows me well enough that he didn't bother getting a ring without talking to me first~I arranged to get the ring I wanted myself. we both ended up with custom rings, they don't match and they both work for us. Even though the ruby I have is real and good quality, they aren't terribly expensive and I found a local artsy jewelry maker to make the ring, the whole thing wasn't a lot of money.

I dunno, if ya got the money and you like diamonds get whatever size you like. otherwise, do something else.

Not if you wear the right bra.

Have you ever tried playing sports in 'the right bra'? It's horrible and those bras are fairly expensive. Still I wish I had tiny boobs it would make rugby so much easier.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be whiny or anything I just hate that contact sports are hard to do.

I think we should be equal-opportunity, non-judgmental, boob lovers. big, small, fake, real... boobs are awesome.

Verboten, we were having this discussion in the exercise thread recently and I found the most awesome non-bounce boob bra. and I know women with much bigger boobs than me that play sports. so, it can be done!

eta. did I really type "boob bra"? wth, what other kinds of bras are there?

Underwear, I don't know about. Were they at least good underwear or tighty-whities? (no, wait, maybe I don't want to know what kind of underwear your husband prefers.) :P

Ok, so after my undergrad when hubby and I first dated, I lived with a married couple. I had been single (or not dating) for a long time, and the couple had teased me about it. Of course, when I started dating him, they were out of town, and were taking trips on the weekends - so they then teased me that they didn't believe he existed. So one day, as a joke, he decided to leave proof and took his underwear off and left it in the living room for them to find. (And to make it even funnier - yes they were tighty-whities, but remember he was single then!) So when he proposed, he gave me a pair of tighty-whities as proof of our love. Gotta give him props it is kinda funny.

Huh?! I bat for the Dark Side! :ninja:

I haven't seen you at the meetings. Perhaps 'cuz I was chowing down on the cookies.

Ooooh, yes, I finally found some good sports bras (the non uniboob kind). Really strong support, cups, soft wire, but holds me in like anything. They do exist - have hope young one.

Edit: Jade, there are "car bras" (put in front of the grills so you don't get bugs in them). That might be when grills were out in front like in the 70's. Well never mind then.

Archived