How big is too big? ...well it was THIS BIG. update pg 13!

quirksome

although I must remind myself that men are also tuned into the status quo of engagement/wedding rings and will spend absurd amounts of money just to prove they can buy a better ring to other men.

I'm not so sure this is true. At least it isn't for me or any other guy I know. For men (at least, my sample group) buying an engagement ring is a hassle and an unwanted expense. Men aren't buying rings thinking "This will impress my friends" it's more like "What's the least amount I can spend and still have her happy". Maybe this doesn't seem romantic, but when you are buying an engagement ring you are essentially flushing money down the toliet. For most men money isn't in unlimited supply so money you are flushing for an engagement ring could be money you are spending on something real, and important, like a house, or a honeymoon or something.

Congrats Quirk!

I'm not so sure this is true. At least it isn't for me or any other guy I know. For men (at least, my sample group) buying an engagement ring is a hassle and an unwanted expense. Men aren't buying rings thinking "This will impress my friends" it's more like "What's the least amount I can spend and still have her happy". Maybe this doesn't seem romantic, but when you are buying an engagement ring you are essentially flushing money down the toliet. For most men money isn't in unlimited supply so money you are flushing for an engagement ring could be money you are spending on something real, and important, like a house, or a honeymoon or something.

Not so sure you'd want to use that exact wording when talking to the spouse, though. She/he would probably not see the beauty in that kind of next level honesty ^_^

Thanks everyone! I can't express properly how stunned and amazed I am still. It was the perfect proposal for me :) Mr Q is indeed awesome.

PS. Alas, IT has blocked westeros.org so won't be able to post as frequently but will be around! Love you all! :kiss:

So happy for you, Quirksome! :love: :cheers:

Congrats Quirksome.

Nice job by Mr. Q on a special setting. I know my wife really appreciated a special and significant setting/moment, especially compared to some of the stories of apathetic proposals we heard from friends.

Heh. My dear husband proposed to me in bed. I do have to say it was a setting of special significance to me. :leer:

Congrats Quirksome.

Nice job by Mr. Q on a special setting. I know my wife really appreciated a special and significant setting/moment, especially compared to some of the stories of apathetic proposals we heard from friends.

This is true... my husband didn't actually propose to me, we got the ring and he was like, "Here." And I put it on. The end.

Archived