Unpopular opinions, more of them

Woman of War

Woman of War's Tyrion/Sansa shipping

Exhibit A

Her posts in the "Why does everybody hate Sansa?" thread take vile to entirely new and unexplored depths. Featuring such gems as discussion of Sansa's plan to "get herself fucked" it really sheds light on why I avoid any discussion with her any more. As if the childish trolling didn't already explain it.

Exhibit B

Her commentary is all over the board for anyone who cares to go looking.

PWNED.

People, the NW is a corrupt, defunct organization that was barely held together by Jon and a few decent men in ADWD (and women I should add, most of whom were wildlings)

I'm gonna start a Free Jon (from his vows) campaign :tantrum:

:leaving:

People, the NW is a corrupt, defunct organization that was barely held together by Jon and a few decent men in ADWD (and women I should add, most of whom were wildlings)

I'm gonna start a Free Jon (from his vows) campaign :tantrum:

Sign me up. Free Jon Snow, Free Jon Snow!

Well, for starters it wasn't a "silly letter." It was written by a certifiable madman who was promising to come to the wall and kill Jon if his demands were not met. Having Ramsay Bolton loose in the North was going to bring death and disaster to the Watch right when they're trying to focus on other problems. Jon - for both personal and professional reasons- would have been a fool to let the letter go unanswered.

I don't really think that had anything at all with what I meant when I posted that Jon should never leave the Watch (ie marry, become King). But, I'll just chalk that up to miscommunication. If I miss-typed 'wall' where I meant 'watch'...sorry for the confusion. Or maybe your comments were just generally not directed at me and I'm being paranoid! :uhoh:

:frown5:

I'm campaigning for Jon's death at this point. He's already had a major impact on the plot. Now its time for him to go and the more interesting Starks to come to the forefront.

I'm campaigning for Jon's death at this point. He's already had a major impact on the plot. Now its time for him to go and the more interesting Starks to come to the forefront.

I am on board, but only if you add "us from" between "Free" and "Jon Snow".

:lol: Naysayers be damned. The movement cannot be stopped.

Jon will not die. Seems like his death would make his entire story arch meaningless. Jon is one of my favorite characters so I refuse to believe that he is dead until I read it.

Yes, free him from the Watch. Now.

I would enjoy seeing him being angsty and all alone against the whole North and without any legitimacy to command anyone. While the Others attacks and he knows he's just making it worse for everyone with his power struggle objective.

Jon will not die. Seems like his death would make his entire story arch meaningless. Jon is one of my favorite characters so I refuse to believe that he is dead until I read it.

Why would it make his story arch pointless? Was Robb's story arc pointless? Jon has actually managed, God only knows how, to accomplish significantly more than Robb did before he died. The wildlings are loose in the North now!

Why would it make his story arch pointless? Was Robb's story arc pointless? Jon has actually managed, God only knows how, to accomplish significantly more than Robb did before he died. The wildlings are loose in the North now!

You make them sound like a pack of animals, Alexia. They're actually capable of making a valuable contribution.

Also, the Watch is significantly diminished, if not in a state of internal war, and it has not a single friend, north or south. Which is too bad, since it just contracted huge debts for which the collateral is sinking in an expedition up north.

I agree! Leave Bowen Marsh in charge of the Watch. It would just be Jon vs. the others in no time.
I'm not too certain Jon has the Belgarion-ness to battle supernatural armies by himself, either.

You make them sound like a pack of animals, Alexia. They're actually capable of making a valuable contribution.

And increasing the chaos in the North. But I suspect that they will be used to regain House Stark at some point. They're going to feel this loyalty to Jon's younger siblings, since he saved them from the Others, and serve as the new Stark army.

In between kidnapping Umber girls.

The graveworms within the dead horse are sobbing tears of blood from the beating. :bang:

Unpopular opinion: Jaime Lannister has not been at all redeemed.

Let's try with a most unpopular opinion:

Jaime Lannister has nothing to be redeemed for.

Bran’s fingers started to slip. He grabbed the ledge with his other hand. Fingernails dug into unyielding stone. The man reached down.

“Take my hand,” he said. “Before you fall.”

Bran seized his arm and held on tight with all his strength. The man yanked him up to the ledge. “What are you doing?” the woman

demanded.

When Jaime got Bran he lifted him from an awful position he put himself in trying escaping from Cersei sight. He would have fallen alone if Jaime hadn't acted. Jaime lifted him, then was convinced by Cersei to choose between three children (of his) and one. Robert would have killed them.

Now.

Give me one character in the series that does not prefer the life of his chidren over the life of other peoples.

If you can, then explain and argument why Jaime would have chosen to sacrifice three children and not one.

Only then you can start blaming Jaime of any crime.

Then you should add up that not leaving Bran to his own destiny would have gone not only against his suvival instinct - Robert would have had him killed - but his true love, too: Cersei would have felt Robert's vengeance too.

I'll run for cover, now.

EDIT: a typo and spacing

I don't mind that Robb died, while his story arc was not pointless, his death makes the story more interesting for the surviving Starks. If Jon dies what was/is the point of all of the talk among the other characters of his parentage? What is to come of Melisandre's vision of Jon is the fire? There is no point of any of it if Jon dies.

They're going to feel this loyalty to Jon's younger siblings, since he saved them from the Others, and serve as the new Stark army.
This is so at odds with how the wildlings were built up, it would be really really bad.

I mean, kneel, and more than that, make other kneel and participate in power struggle of lords? I expect two courses of action out of them: one is helping fight the Others, for which they will accept orders, the other is raiding the south, on their own terms.

(Of course, considering Osha and Mance I expect them to be totally out of character as a people soon)

Give me one character in the series than does not prefer the life of his chidren over the life of other peoples.

Jaime Lannister!

Joffrey was nothing more to me than a spurt of seed in Cersei's cunt.

Because Joffrey deserved to die. (while explaining why he wants to save Sansa)

This is so at odds with how the wildlings were built up, it would be really really bad.

I mean, kneel, and more than that, make other kneel and participate in power struggle of lords? I expect two courses of action out of them: one is helping fight the Others, for which they will accept orders, the other is raiding the south, on their own terms.

(Of course, considering Osha and Mance I expect them to be totally out of character as a people soon)

You're doing all your Outlander predictions -- so this is mine. ;)

Yep, there is a reason why Jon read the letter about Mance in front of them. To get them all fired up to go to Winterfell. I expects lots of talk about how they owe their lives to Jon Snow (think Wylla Manderly) and they have a debt of honor to House Stark. And a fair chunk of them already knelt -- and burned weirwood, while they were at it!

And frankly, it took some pretty bad plotting to get Cersei walking down the streets nude, so this is nothing in comparison.

I'm not too certain Jon has the Belgarion-ness to battle supernatural armies by himself, either.

You were the one advocating him being alone against the entire North. Anyways...

And increasing the chaos in the North. But I suspect that they will be used to regain House Stark at some point. They're going to feel this loyalty to Jon's younger siblings, since he saved them from the Others, and serve as the new Stark army. In between kidnapping Umber girls.

The North is already in chaos thanks to the Boltons, Stannis, the Others et al. The wildlings aren't going to create any significant havoc when they're trying to survive themselves. They will have to abide by the laws of Westeros if they want to survive there long.

This is so at odds with how the wildlings were built up, it would be really really bad. I mean, kneel, and more than that, make other kneel and participate in power struggle of lords? I expect two courses of action out of them: one is helping fight the Others, for which they will accept orders, the other is raiding the south, on their own terms.

Absurd. The wildlings aren't all going to be peaceful and adapt to the ways of Westeros, but those that don't will quickly realise the consequences for doing so. Mance and Osha are survivors, as are most of the wildlings, and some of them are shockers! actually decent people that can put themselves aside for a greater cause. Why is this argument reminding me of Dany and how she caused ruin to Meereen's economy by freeing the slaves?

Archived