Unpopular opinions, more of them

Woman of War

Unpopular opinions:

1) I hope Jon is dead. Seriously. This whole "hey, he's dead!... OOOOH NO LOOKEY GOTCHA" thing needs to stop is one reason. The other is, it's in line with the kind of death Eddard and Robb suffered. They got too carried away in their little worlds, thinking everything would work out alright in the end, and forgot to watch those closest to them. Eddard forgot his daughters, forgot the kind of people he was dealing with in KL. Robb forgot to respect his bannermen and allies, among other things. Jon has forgotten that to be LC of the NW he needs to have the support of... well... the NW, first and foremost. He was acting in such a retarded manner from a certain point in the book onwards, that when I opened his last chapter, I distinctively remember thinking "Okay buddy, if you die now, your own fault". It would also be a great narrative device, methinks, just like Eddard's was.

2) Jon and Dany are not actually boring (weird considering number 1, huh). In fact, until ADWD, Daenerys' chapters were definetly among my favorite. Jon was kinda meh-ish but I enjoyed them nonetheless.

3) Cersei was always stupid. People keep saying how Martin dumbified her in AFFC, but if you pay attention on the other books, you can clearly see that in book one, she was just some piece LF used to get his personal revenge against Ned without drawing attention to himself - if LF had wanted Ned alive and Cersei dead then, he could've accomplished that just as easily. Same if Ned had taken Renly's offer and LF did nothing to intervene. In book 2, try as she might, Tyrion pretty much runs circles around her all day long. In book 3, her father keeps her under control.

In all 3 books, you can see she would destroy herself within seconds by the actions she tries to take; the more cunning people around her keep her from doing that. It's only in AFFC that she gets to exert the full extent of her shitty plotting and it eventually comes back to bite her in the ass. Although I do agree that Maggy's prophecy is ham handed - I'm hoping it (and many other prophecies) won't come to pass, just like the Stallion who mounts the world turned straight to shit. That, or it will turn out in such a subversive manner as to pretty much break everyone's expectations.

4) Sand Snakes and Darkstar don't bother me so much, although I agree they are kinda one dimensional and stereotypical (from what we can see, and we haven't seen much). Thing is, there are so many one dimensional, stereotypical characters in this series, I don't really think they stand out that much as many people seem to think. In fact, the character that bothers me the most in this regard is Ramsay. Seriously, so repetitive and predictable, and such an important role in ADWD too...

Someone said I'd ship Tyrion and Sansa?????? I have always vehemently written against child abuse and Sansa is a child!

It's quite ironic, but I am sure if Tyrion and Woman of War ever met, he would no doubt call her old and sagging, not because she is (she comes across as a handsome type of woman) but because Tyrion has no use for women who aren't beautiful, young and available to him.

Of course if he met me he would say some appalling vulgar sexual joke...

All the likable things about Tyrion (his intelligence and humour) is not something that any woman ever gets to enjoy, unless they enjoy being the butt of a crass joke about either their age and unattractiveness or their sexual availability.

I bet he might try something like that. But I'd definitely be a match for him, if we find a common language.(not English, I am no match here!) I have had worse at my dinner table and I usually win the fancier dialogues, after all I really get a run for my money by my kids, true badass nerds all of them, that upperclass snobby spoiled brat cannot be worse. And admit, if I am forced to be vulgar he is offering some points for a rebuke. But I'd want him provoking, I would combine him with some present day politicians, definitely Hilary Clinton and Alice Schwarzer. And a left wing social democrat as well as Julian Assange. Only I should keep the bottles out of Tyrion's reach for my carpets' sake.......

Edit: Oh I forgot the conservative orientation: So I might get ambitious and try Angela Merkel, she does not live so very far away from us and might come over for a moment - and i'd have the scientific aspect as well, after all she is a Physics Phd.

I LOVE GOOD DINNER CONVERSATION!

I bet he might try something like that. But I'd definitely be a match for him, if we find a common language.(not English, I am no match here!)

I suspect you have a dwarf fetish. Also, you are a closeted San/San shipper.

And are you even going to address the fact that you have evidently decided to be nasty to a large portion of the fandom? Do you have a reasonable explanation for that?

I suspect you have a dwarf fetish. Also, you are a closeted San/San shipper.

And are you even going to address the fact that you have evidently decided to be nasty to a large portion of the fandom? Do you have a reasonable explanation for that?

Probably something got lost in translation? Manners, perhaps. But I'm tired of the "I don't speak English so well" excuse.

There is one thing I can't figure out, when Tywin was trying to get an heir for Casterly Rock, why didn't Tywin marry Sansa himself?

Because a captive, traitor's daughter who had no choice in the matter was the ONLY wife he could get for Tyrion. Don't have the books handy, but I'm pretty sure Tywin spells it out clearly and lists the matches he's tried to make.

Possibly unpopular opinions:

1. Jon is a man of the Night's Watch and should not become King or marry anyone.

2. Dany should give up this whole Queen stuff and find the house with the red door

3. Sansa will remain a Lannister.

4. Arya will become the Stark of Winterfell.

5. Tommen will remain King

1. Jon is a man of the Night's Watch and should not become King or marry anyone.

2. Dany should give up this whole Queen stuff and find the house with the red door

3. Sansa will remain a Lannister.

4. Arya will become the Stark of Winterfell.

5. Tommen will remain King

These two omg I totally agree especially about Tommen. I have a lot of feelings about that kid and I think that given some proper guidance he could actually make a really freaking good King.

Someone said I'd ship Tyrion and Sansa?????? I have always vehemently written against child abuse and Sansa is a child!

You have written a multitude of posts about how you want Sansa to grow up and recognize Tyrion's greatness and fall in love with him (because immaturity and shallowness are the only reasons Sansa wouldn't want to bang his brains out...) and you've also criticized her for being terrified at the sight of his penis.

People, the NW is a corrupt, defunct organization that was barely held together by Jon and a few decent men in ADWD (and women I should add, most of whom were wildlings)

I'm gonna start a Free Jon (from his vows) campaign :tantrum:

:leaving:

I'll jump on that campaign, more because I think the Wall is coming down and there won't be a NW in the future, but in any event, Jon's days are numbered in the NW.

I wouldn't want to stay at a job where some of my coworkers tried to murder me. That's completely nuts to me.

Furthermore, I've seen some say that if Jon does eventually have child he should still remain a man of the NW. IMO, there's nothing honorable about child abandonment.

Then Jon needs to reform the Night's Watch. IF the Wall comes down, then I can see...no, I can't. Like the jedi, even if the Old Republic is swept away he needs to stay loyal to his vows. He must protect the realms of men.

If Jon fathers a child...sorry, off with his head. He knows his vows and he knows the punishment (assuming the punishment is the same for desertion).

Reform the NW how? Didn't he try to change their views on wildlings and got stabbed for it?

Exactly. Reforming the NW would take years. Jon didn't have years and was operating in the shadow of a vicious threat. That's why he had push through these changes, deal with Stannis etc. Reform, bah! Scrap it! The Wall is coming down - it doesn't matter what's coming over the wall, but what the wall stood for - oppression, division, prejudice.

Then he dies trying. Now or in the future...none of this running away bs.

We're not in AGOT anymore. Jon was never trying to run away. He was going to deal with a pyschopath.

Then he dies trying. Now or in the future...none of this running away bs.

You can't protect the realms of men if you're dead.I can easily seeing the NW failing because they didn't want change and the rest of the realm will now have to deal with the threat.

We're not in AGOT anymore. Jon was never trying to run away. He was going to deal with a pyschopath.

No. That's not what I meant (although he shouldn't have been going after Ramsay). I mean he doesn't get to just "leave" (if he lives or if the wall comes down). Like...if the Wall comes down...and he lives...he needs to get his ass back up to where the Wall was and start rebuilding.

No. That's not what I meant (although he shouldn't have been going after Ramsay). I mean he doesn't get to just "leave" (if he lives or if the wall comes down). Like...if the Wall comes down...and he lives...he needs to get his ass back up to where the Wall was and start rebuilding.

Playing devil's advocate here, but ... if the Others are finally, really defeated and the wildlings are successfully assimilated, why does Westeros need a Wall or a Night's Watch anymore? ;)

Archived