Skyrim; Wielding Swords, and Banging Nords

Sivin

Heh. I thought I tried that, but maybe I'm just pressing the wrong button or something... it keeps telling me I need to absorb dragon souls to unlock shouts.

You must be pressing the wrong button. It's one soul to unlock one word in a shout. Not sure which system you're using but on the PS3 it's square to unlock.

You must be pressing the wrong button. It's one soul to unlock one word in a shout. Not sure which system you're using but on the PS3 it's square to unlock.

Yeah, I figured it out.

I'm a little embarassed now... for the sake of my ego I'll blame it on my poor eyesight and/or the text on the screen being too small.

Thanks.

The construction kit isn't available yet, so the mods out so far are pretty limited in nature. Probably one of the more interesting mods is the one that allows the player to fletch their own arrows, but you will find so many arrows in the game that I don't see why this would be a particularly useful feature.

Maybe others here have found some interesting mods.

The construction kit isn't available yet, so the mods out so far are pretty limited in nature. Probably one of the more interesting mods is the one that allows the player to fletch their own arrows, but you will find so many arrows in the game that I don't see why this would be a particularly useful feature.

Maybe others here have found some interesting mods.

This is a cool list of game play mods.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/25/skyrim-mods-the-20-best-so-far/3/

About the 7000 steps thing, I think they are basically right next to the entrance of Ivarstead. Just fast travel to the town and look to your... right I think? There's a path that leads to the steps. But I can't really remember. Besides, I always fast travel to the Greybeards whenever I need to go to them.

And the arrow thing happened to me early. Can't remember how it stopped, though.

If I'm remembering correctly, there is a bridge. Cross that, if you haven't been there, there are some dudes who will offer you a quest to drop some stuff up there if you talk to them. That will give you a marker to follow on your compass. I stumbled across it by accident. Be prepared for some nasties!

I think if you sleep long enough you can remove those arrows that way.

If I'm remembering correctly, there is a bridge. Cross that, if you haven't been there, there are some dudes who will offer you a quest to drop some stuff up there if you talk to them. That will give you a marker to follow on your compass. I stumbled across it by accident. Be prepared for some nasties!

I think if you sleep long enough you can remove those arrows that way.

Yeah if you're low level stock up on potions, or bring a follower. My first time up the steps I got attacked by some spiders, a pack of snow sabre cats, two ice wraiths and then just as I reached the gate a Blood Dragon dropped in.

Mileage may vary though, my second character only got attack by a snow bear and it was quiet the rest of the way.

Hey Relic, did you end up getting that new PC rig? im guessing if you getting Skyrim you did.

yeah man, i did. thanks for your help. i went with a quad core intel 3.33, a gtx 560 ti over clocked, 8 gigs of ram, and a blazing fast ssd hard drive.

It's been ages since I've really played a game, but so many people I know were raving about this and I caved today. I don't really like the fast and loose do-whatever-you-want games, and I didn't get more than a couple hours into Morrowind, but so far I am actually really enjoying this. I picked it up at about 5 PM today and have been playing it since I got home...turns out I'm a bamf dragonborn (hehe WoT) weirdly-sexy high elf at heart. :)

It's been ages since I've really played a game, but so many people I know were raving about this and I caved today. I don't really like the fast and loose do-whatever-you-want games, and I didn't get more than a couple hours into Morrowind, but so far I am actually really enjoying this. I picked it up at about 5 PM today and have been playing it since I got home...turns out I'm a bamf dragonborn (hehe WoT) weirdly-sexy high elf at heart. :)

This game will eat your life - The girlfriend and I are wondering whether I should buy it on PC too because when 5pm hits...it's a race to get home and be in front of the TV!

This game will eat your life - The girlfriend and I are wondering whether I should buy it on PC too because when 5pm hits...it's a race to get home and be in front of the TV!

I have the next 2 weeks off and all my friends are moving away...so it seemed like a good time to get into it!

yeah man, i did. thanks for your help. i went with a quad core intel 3.33, a gtx 560 ti over clocked, 8 gigs of ram, and a blazing fast ssd hard drive.

Very Nice :thumbsup: what kind of SSD did you get?

Archived