Skyrim; Wielding Swords, and Banging Nords

Sivin

I was supplying a console command, asshole, deal with it.

Is it possible that you found your experience lacking because you cheated?

I'm not trying to make accusations or come across as hostile, but I've always felt that altering a game in the ways you describe (console commands/cheats) makes it more difficult to enjoy. Could just be me, though.

I'm not trying to make accusations or come across as hostile, but I've always felt that altering a game in the ways you describe (console commands/cheats) makes it more difficult to enjoy. Could just be me, though.

Or he legitimately has several balance and gameplay issues with Skryim.

Or he legitimately has several balance and gameplay issues with Skryim.

So do we all, but carry weight is hardly one of them (perhaps every RPG out there uses some kind of limited inventory system).

Ini you remind me of a friend, he is good gamer, but is always tempted to cheat in games in order to skip 'the boring part' where you sweat building an awesome character and get right to the end, where you're badass and pwn. It always ends up ruining the game for him - being badass in a game is only badass because you worked hard to achieve it and because you have the non-badass times from your past as a benchmark.

Even the little tips I posted are branded exploits by many, console is plain cheating :).

I understand why you ask that, but I cheated because I found the experience lacking, not the other way around. And the game stopping bugs aren't the result of cheating.

@Solmyr: I almost never cheat in games.

If you don't mind cheating past this absurd artificial limitation, and you are playing on a PC, you can press ~ to bring down the console and type player.setav carryweight 9999 (or some similarly large number) so that you never have to worry about it again.

"absurd artificial limitation"?

The fact that you can carry around a dozen chestpieces, numerous weapons, 100+ potions and half a supermarket of food and ingredients is absurd (but common in RPGs).

Ramping the carry limit up to 9999 only makes it more so.

I have never felt the urge to kill a chicken. I am also playing a stealthy archer character but haven't come across many difficulties yet, except for when I decided my followers could go die or something because they were so fucking useless. And kept stealing my kills. Anyway I'm also doing destruction magic (with perks) and sword + shield (with only one perk) so I think I'm doing well, all things considered.

Vhagar have you encountered any difficulty with clearing up your reputation so far? I'm worried about it, because the reputation system works differently in this game.

I hadn't either until people were talking about it on here. It never occurred to me. I had to kill one right in front of a guard to get attacked for it. No villagers. Huh. Well, it wasn't that entertaining so I won't be mindlessly torturing any more farm animals.

Um, I have a really weird thing going on. The people love me, I have saved them from a dragon, finally, got a house! YAY! (Now I just can't find the steward to get it decorated) but I'm assassinating like a mo-fo. It's really strange. I haven't got caught yet, I'm very stealthy and super secret squirrel so maybe no one has figured out that I'm the one killing everyone yet? I did have someone send a hit squad after me for thieving, though. That was interesting.

I wish I could just stick to a character! I just get bored once I've gone from trying to survive and the challenge to being super badass that can kill dragons in 3 hits while he watches his favorite daytime soap.

Well, that's boring, that's why! I am not really playing for the combat so that doesn't bother me that much. I love the exploration aspect, and finding stuff. I accidentally advanced the dragon thing last night so those are starting to show up. I didn't know that was THAT tower! Do you change your character build each time?

I killed a chicken very early on and wasn't attacked by anyone.. I think a town guard was walking past at the time too. I almost feel cheated!

Although now I'm tempted to kill the pampered cow in Whiterun just to see what happens. I'm about 12 levels into my second character (stealth Khajiit focusing on archery and dual-wield axes) and going much more in depth with exploring the scenery this time around. Not making many friends though, I've already had 4 hit squads come after me for various things. :( /murderstealmurdermurder

I killed a chicken very early on and wasn't attacked by anyone.. I think a town guard was walking past at the time too. I almost feel cheated!

Although now I'm tempted to kill the pampered cow in Whiterun just to see what happens. I'm about 12 levels into my second character (stealth Khajiit focusing on archery and dual-wield axes) and going much more in depth with exploring the scenery this time around. Not making many friends though, I've already had 4 hit squads come after me for various things. :( /murderstealmurdermurder

:)

I've only had one hit-squad come after me... I need to murder and steal more, obviously.

Yeah, killed them too. I'm a murderous little bitch. :devil: But then I went out of my way to help out whats his face with the temple and the skull? Can't remember the quest now. I went there to do some good honest assassination and I end up being a good samaritan and even let him keep the skull thing, though the goddess was egging me on to kill him. Wasn't any money in it. :lol:

I was thinking that, too...that cow...I bet there would be a riot.

The idiot steward isn't giving me a conversation option to furnish my house in Whiterun. What. Lydia and I are supposed to sit on the crates?

And why am I only getting marriage options for other females? Interesting. Maybe my little cat prefers girls and I just didn't know it.

The idiot steward isn't giving me a conversation option to furnish my house in Whiterun. What. Lydia and I are supposed to sit on the crates?

And why am I only getting marriage options for other females? Interesting. Maybe my little cat prefers girls and I just didn't know it.

Are you contacting him at the right time? I had this problem and it was because he won't sell things until he's in his position by the Jarl. I think the game thinks he's bound by the 8 AM to 8 PM shop rules.

Are you contacting him at the right time? I had this problem and it was because he won't sell things until he's in his position by the Jarl. I think the game thinks he's bound by the 8 AM to 8 PM shop rules.

I'm almost certain the first time I bought my house in Whiterun I raised him from bed in the middle of the night. He did not object and did offer me decoration options after I made the purchase.

I just bought the property and all of the upgrades right out. Did the same a few minutes ago in Malkrath or however the hell its spelled on the far left side of the kingdom. Really a neat city, dwarvin architecture and all. Makes my Whiterun house look like a piece of shit. And it has way more places to hang pretty sharp objects, though i wish there was a room actually devoted to just displaying swords and staves. The staves sit in the racks upside down, and there's never enough space to put evereything. I have a pile of less than great magical swords sitting in a barrel in my new house. With 30k in gold, after having done very little smithing or brewing, and two houses, i have a massive amount of shit stored between my two houses. I have no idea what i am going to do with any of it. I have to travel between three different cities sometimes just to sell all of the shit that i'm carrying on my person (as well as my companions), so i don't really have the patience to sell the dozen necklaces, minor swords, and fifty pieces of jewelry i have squirrled in drawers across the kingdom.

I think by the time i'm done i should have the option to buy a city. I have the money for it. I rather wish instead of a bunch of little houses, they had an option to buy a truly inspiring castle somewhere. Like you could buy the houses if you wanted to, or save for that nice little castle on the hill. Perhaps buy High Hrothgar. Change a few things, get rid of the old men haunting its halls.

But i had the coolest experience yet in the game, and possibly one of the best i've had in any game, tonight. I was set to kill some bandit leader in one of the redoubts, and began doing so. We were fighting in front of an alter on a mountain with the snow falling heavy all around. I hit him first with the Force Push Unrelenting Fury or whatever the hell its called, the one that tosses people around like children. It tossed his ass over the alter, and he would have plunged off the side of the cliff had there not been one of those overlook things there to stop his fall. So i pulled out my sword and jumped the alter - and i fucking decapitated him in one shot. His head and his body fell off the cliff in slow motion and i jizzed in my pants because i felt like the highlander.

True story.

Archived