Skyrim; Wielding Swords, and Banging Nords

Sivin

I had one weird blip on PC with the graphics: swimming along off to the side it looked like one of those forever pools where the water appears to go off the side of the building? It was like that but everywhere else was normal. So far that's the only bug I've found, period.

I hate the mountains too. I just want to get where I'm going!!!! I love the scenery but I hate not being able to run a short cut across. I do wander more this way, though. I just hate getting stuck. I tend not to fast travel unless I'm trying to get something done so I can get off line, but sometimes I just want an easy path through.

I saw the Northern Lights yesterday. They were pretty.

Also, did the Nettlebane quest. Wonder what happened to those people in the cave. I was too busy running from those tree things to look.

Currently working on clearing out my quest log. Not sure if I should join another organization, or continue the main quest after I do that.

Am I the only one who is really disappointed in the followers right now? I mean I'm not asking for Lydia to have a deep and tragic backstory or her own personal sidequest but something other than constantly repeated one liners about how SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS (you just broke my poor Bosmers heart) or I WONDER WHAT'S IN THAT CAVE would do a lot to enhance the game. They just feel so bland and repeated.

Am I the only one who is really disappointed in the followers right now? I mean I'm not asking for Lydia to have a deep and tragic backstory or her own personal sidequest but something other than constantly repeated one liners about how SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS (you just broke my poor Bosmers heart) or I WONDER WHAT'S IN THAT CAVE would do a lot to enhance the game. They just feel so bland and repeated.

Well if you are playing on a pc it probably wont be too long before the followers are modded into.coolness.

Definitely. It's strange because there are so many other aspects of the game that have attention given to story... one of the best of which is what the NPCs say to each other. You can listen in to them plotting, etc. Or the kids talking, teasing. But, yea Lydia is sort of an important character and no backstory or further interaction (a little sex wouldn't be too much to ask would it?) is a glaring omission.

Here's an area they could have just dropped and assigned the writers to Lydia, etc... -> the books. There are probably some people who actually read the books but the fact that you can actually read any book is "cool" but - meh.

I'm building up a nicel ittle library in my book shelf at home in Whiterun, I plan on just psending some time reading up on the history of Skyrim, it's cities and various other factors. Did find a "Choose your own adventure" book as well so will spend some time playing with that in my spare time I think!

I'm building up a nicel ittle library in my book shelf at home in Whiterun, I plan on just psending some time reading up on the history of Skyrim, it's cities and various other factors. Did find a "Choose your own adventure" book as well so will spend some time playing with that in my spare time I think!

Oh awesome! Where is that??

Found my copy in the Companions living quarters I think... Something along the lines of "Kolb and the Dragon" I only scanned the first couple of pages but saw "if you want to do X go to page X" references in that one. Stored for when I decide to just run through and do my studying.

Definitely. It's strange because there are so many other aspects of the game that have attention given to story... one of the best of which is what the NPCs say to each other. You can listen in to them plotting, etc. Or the kids talking, teasing. But, yea Lydia is sort of an important character and no backstory or further interaction (a little sex wouldn't be too much to ask would it?) is a glaring omission.

Here's an area they could have just dropped and assigned the writers to Lydia, etc... -> the books. There are probably some people who actually read the books but the fact that you can actually read any book is "cool" but - meh.

To be fair a lot of thoe books existed in previous incarnations of the game, but yeah they definitely should have put more emphasis on Lydia at the very least. I don't care if the mercenaries are bland but a plot based character should be more fleshed out.

Ya know, I have played Bethesda games for a long time now, and I really love them. They are incredibly rich worlds, and always graphically some of the best in the industry, but I highly disagree that they do good mountains close up. If you are climbing a mountain, and are facing the wall, then it looks like blocks of multi colored nothing. I can't think of any way to fix the problem with the current technology, so I personally wouldn't feature them as a landscape.

It is not my PS3 that gives me the issue. I have played these games on every thing that they are available on including top of the line PC's. Next time you are climbing a mountain, and can't move up, and your sight gets blocked by a wall, stop and take a look. That is what I am talking about. In Skyrim, the distant and near perspectives look amazing, but the close ups are annoying. My issue is that I am often caught up in the extreme close ups trying to climb mountains.

Full disclosure, I have never played any Elderscrolls games before this. I walk into the first town after not being beheaded. I see a chicken. I kill the Chicken. I get killed by a dude with an axe and a chick with what seems to be a rolling pin. I officially love this game. Sorry about the chicken guys, I wouldve just given you a sword if I had known.

Full disclosure, I have never played any Elderscrolls games before this. I walk into the first town after not being beheaded. I see a chicken. I kill the Chicken. I get killed by a dude with an axe and a chick with what seems to be a rolling pin. I officially love this game. Sorry about the chicken guys, I wouldve just given you a sword if I had known.

The eggs that chicken produces is worth more to then than your life! After all, they can only eat you once.

Started my hardcore game last night. No fast travel, no contradictory faction choices, no mercy.

I didn't realize there was a hardcore option.

Or are you just keeping yourself to those limitations?

Edit:

Working through the Dark Brotherhood questline, and I have a problem:

I summoned a certain spectral assassin, and he won't shut the fuck up. Anyone know how I can un-summon him?

Archived