Skyrim; Wielding Swords, and Banging Nords

Sivin

I reached Level 9 and completely got owned by a random dragon encounter, even when a grizzly turned up to help out. Guess I'm still not tough enough. I'm also thinking I shouldn't have unleashed the main quest so early in the game and perhaps left it for a while whilst I did side-quests. At least with the Oblivion Gates you could give them a wide berth and avoid them, but that's not so easy with the dragons (well, with a follower, since they'll invariably start firing on the creature and provoke it into attacking you). Oh well.

I've recruited Lydia as a companion. She seems to be doing well, and has a surprisingly high tolerance for me setting her on fire in the midst of a frenzied melee.

I reached Level 9 and completely got owned by a random dragon encounter, even when a grizzly turned up to help out. Guess I'm still not tough enough. I'm also thinking I shouldn't have unleashed the main quest so early in the game and perhaps left it for a while whilst I did side-quests. At least with the Oblivion Gates you could give them a wide berth and avoid them, but that's not so easy with the dragons (well, with a follower, since they'll invariably start firing on the creature and provoke it into attacking you). Oh well.

I've recruited Lydia as a companion. She seems to be doing well, and has a surprisingly high tolerance for me setting her on fire in the midst of a frenzied melee.

You're doing things right, Wert. Without starting the main quest you won't have any dragon encounters.

And with some bitchin dragonbone armor Lydz is an awesome tank... if you don't kill her.

I was wondering if anyone is playing Skyrim on PS3 and have encountered all the problems the gae seems to be having on he system? heres a link talking about it.

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1214016p1.html

Yes, and I am livid... It is the best unplayable game of all time.

Now, can someone explain the arrow to the knee joke to me?

This was what i found after doing a quick search about the arrow in the knee, and i sincerely feel bad for you brother. I know Bethesda is working on patches hopefully they will fix that issue soon for the PS3.

http://gamerfront.net/2011/12/net-loot-a-closer-look-at-skyrims-arrow-in-the-knee/14716

I was infected with the vampire virus taking out some blood suckers. I thought I was going down the road of annoying quests for the next day before getting back to my journeying..

Knowing a bit about vampirism from Morrowind and Oblivion I decided it was in my best interest to cure it.

I thought "surely this shrine to talos wouldn't cure it, there has to be at least some quests I have to do as a vampire before I can get healthy"

Then I was cured. Zing.

AWESOME, I NEVER HAVE TO BE A VAMPIRE.

Really annoyed the hell out of me in the previous two titles. Seems to me to be some genre bashing, having horro/vampire elements in a fantasy RPG.

Still,

Life is quite sedentary right now!

I've never brought a companion along myself, but maybe I should have.

The last thing I did before saving the game last night was to arrive at Winterhold, and now not one, but two frost dragons are merrily circling the air and take turns at strafing me with a little blizzard whenever I poke my head out.

Fun stuff! :)

Now, can someone explain the arrow to the knee joke to me?

Every other guard in the game reports that he was 'once an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee'. Obviously arrows to the knee are a major, recurring problem in Skyrim.

Amusing, but I can sense this is one meme that's going to get very annoying very quickly.

Every other guard in the game reports that he was 'once an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee'. Obviously arrows to the knee are a major, recurring problem in Skyrim.

Amusing, but I can sense this is one meme that's going to get very annoying very quickly.

took an arrow to the knee? that's a paddlin'

I was infected with the vampire virus taking out some blood suckers. I thought I was going down the road of annoying quests for the next day before getting back to my journeying..

Knowing a bit about vampirism from Morrowind and Oblivion I decided it was in my best interest to cure it.

I thought "surely this shrine to talos wouldn't cure it, there has to be at least some quests I have to do as a vampire before I can get healthy"

Then I was cured. Zing.

AWESOME, I NEVER HAVE TO BE A VAMPIRE.

Really annoyed the hell out of me in the previous two titles. Seems to me to be some genre bashing, having horro/vampire elements in a fantasy RPG.

Still,

Life is quite sedentary right now!

In every previous elder scrolls game you contract polywhatever vampirism or lycanthropy and get a few days of being sick, having nightmares, etc. It can be cured during this time like any disease. You only have to do the quests if you let the disease fully mature.

I was wondering if anyone is playing Skyrim on PS3 and have encountered all the problems the gae seems to be having on he system? heres a link talking about it.

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1214016p1.html

Every PS3 owner will encounter this problem after enough time is put in. It's a memory leak. It will hit XBox 360 owners as well, but it takes a greater portion of time for them to enounter it (200 hours or so).

The reason PS3 owners are hit so quickly is because of the RAM architecture of the console, which devotes 256 megs of RAM to game and 256 to graphics, whereas the XBox 360 has a unified 512 meg pool.

I, sadly, am a PS3 owner and my game is lagging like a motherfucker. It sucks. Bethesda has demonstrated some shady ethics here, which is a shame when the game is such a beautiful work of art and imagination.

I got randomly attacked by a dragon and ran the fuck away. (I'm just doing random quests right now before going to the old people on the mountain or whatever for the main quest.) But then I decided to see what I could do, and I ended up killing the thing! I think I was like level 8. Then again, I'm also playing on like the second easiest level (apprentice?).

And with some bitchin dragonbone armor Lydz is an awesome tank... if you don't kill her.

I had Lydia for about one quest and then she somehow managed to get left behind while I was running back to the world map after getting the gildergleam sap to help out the Kynereth temple. It wasn't even a hard quest, I dunno what the fuck she was doing. I decided if she was that stupid I wasn't going to bother trying it again to keep her alive.

If you become a werewolf like awesome people do you never get sick at all.

Yes, but you also don't get the 'well rested' bonus and therefore won't level up as fast. I've played ~20 hours more than my husband and we're around the same level. I am stuck a Warewolf since my Companions quest-line glitchen and won't move on.

I had Lydia for about one quest and then she somehow managed to get left behind while I was running back to the world map after getting the gildergleam sap to help out the Kynereth temple. It wasn't even a hard quest, I dunno what the fuck she was doing. I decided if she was that stupid I wasn't going to bother trying it again to keep her alive.

If she gets lost you can just go back to Whiterun and get her again.

Lydia isn't worth it, she's too stupid. I left her at my house in Whiterun, and she still managed to die

I found her corpse after the battle at Whiterun, I don't even understand how that happened

I've had Kharjo the Khajiit with me since I ran into him around Riften and we've been pals ever since. Best follower I've ever had.

Archived