(Book Spoilers) Jojen and Meera Reid in Season 2

The Warg

I think the Reeds are a lost cause. :bawl:

I fear you may be correct, but I will continue to hope; I do feel that, with Osha around and Bran havng his own greendreams, they are largely extraneous now.

TBH, I don't think the Reeds are essential and won't really miss them in the series. My main concern is how are they going to handle the split-up? Most likely scenario is to keep Luwin alive to take Rickon, and probably not to Skagos.

The fact that Bran's story needs fleshing out is the biggest source of hope. Is it at all possible that they could move House Reed to somewhere between Winterfell and the Wall? I know this sounds like sacrilege, but I can't off the top of my head think of any really serious need for them to be located in the Neck. Especially if you leave some crannogmen in the Neck for the relevant Theon/Robb's-post-RW-plans I think it's a possibility.

The fact that Bran's story needs fleshing out is the biggest source of hope. Is it at all possible that they could move House Reed to somewhere between Winterfell and the Wall? I know this sounds like sacrilege, but I can't off the top of my head think of any really serious need for them to be located in the Neck. Especially if you leave some crannogmen in the Neck for the relevant Theon/Robb's-post-RW-plans I think it's a possibility.

They could go down to the Neck themselves. They have no cause to go North. Especially since Osha's originals goal was to flee south anyway. We still need Jojen to get Bran to go North and with the way travelling is portrayed on the show so far it wouldn't be mmuch of a big deal.

True, but the 'fleshing out' really needs to take place during Feast/Dance seasons......if they have to go south first, it'll be a struggle to get him to Queenscrown the same time as Jon, and same goes for Sam/Black Gate. But your right, distances don't seem to mean much in the show.

The fact that Bran's story needs fleshing out is the biggest source of hope. Is it at all possible that they could move House Reed to somewhere between Winterfell and the Wall?

They could easily be switched to being one of the hill clans with only minor tweaking (giving Meera a real spear instead of a frog spear/trident thingamajigg, etc.). Wouldn't effect the overall story in the slightest, as those folks are also subjects of the Starks, live isolated lives, etc..

TBH, I don't think the Reeds are essential and won't really miss them in the series. My main concern is how are they going to handle the split-up? Most likely scenario is to keep Luwin alive to take Rickon, and probably not to Skagos.

Hmm... up until now I thought they would simply transfer the Reeds or something like them to between Winterfell and the Wall, but you're right, it will probably be Luwin to accompany them, not the Reeds. I mean, why else make him find out they were still alive? The problem with this idea is that Luwin would be missed when Winterfell is destroyed - on the other hand, who would remember the Maester when the bastard strikes?

I just don't think Luwin will accompany Rickon, I think he will accompany Bran. I mean, it's hard to imagine him agreeing to go North of the wall with his rational Citadel-mind and everything, but he owes obeisance to Bran, so... And Osha would never agree to go beyond the Wall once more, so I think she'll still go to Skagos with Rickon (but how will they do it in the show, if we don't even know that's what happens in the books? My guess is they will probably make those two roam around the North for a season or two until, if we're lucky, TWoW comes out and we know Rickon's destination and adventures). Bran could still decide to go after the 3EC following his own greendreams, or they'll meet someone along the way who will suggest he does that. And, apart from being logical instead of believing in magic, Luwin is not so different from Jojen: physically weak, probably won't survive coming back South, will be able to explain a few historical facts along the way. And it would be fun to see how a Maester would react to the wights, the CotF, and Coldhands. Which creates another problem: if Coldhands is actually Benjen, wouldn't Luwin recognize him? Or would he try so hard to believe in rational explanations he would discard any similarities as illusions?

It could go either way, I think; the outcome that's least ideal for me but seems likely to happen would be Bran dreams where he's suppose to go, the other option would be meeting Jojen along the way because he dreamed Bran was headed there, though if that were to happen, why not just have Bran dream it all (and save some money, ha)?

Eh, personally, Jojen would have been a good addition to Bran's story line which has not really developed outside of dreaming of the three-eyed crow, a build up of mystery surrounding Bran. Who knows, their omission and addition of scenes so far doesn't really seem logical to me.

Bran will dream it all, and while what happens in his storyline is up in the air tv-show wise, it's not much of a stretch for him to make them head north, Rickon included.

Seriously, the Reeds are some of the most expendable characters in the entire series. They're as necessary to the story as Ned Stark's household guards were.

Archived