(Book Spoilers) Jojen and Meera Reid in Season 2

The Warg

Oh yeah, didnt notice her at all ! Yes, she looks like her too ! Weird to see Iron Born on horses, I was under the impression they really didnt like them! ^^

I think it's more that they just have less need of them on the islands, and are therefore more comfortable on ships. I would imagine most soldiers are trained to ride, even if it's only a rudimentary training.

• 3 weeks later...

Showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have said that they would delay the introductions of several key characters first appearing in A Clash of Kings until the third season. They did so because of the large number of characters already introduced in season two, and because they couldn't afford to have people "waiting around" for their characters to become central to the plot.

So, there is still hope !

Showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have said that they would delay the introductions of several key characters first appearing in A Clash of Kings until the third season. They did so because of the large number of characters already introduced in season two, and because they couldn't afford to have people "waiting around" for their characters to become central to the plot.

So perhaps this means Osha takes Bran and Rickon with the intention of taking both beyond the wall by Ep10 this season, but at least one Reed shows up early in S3 to allow them to split up and for Osha to take Rickon away.

I've just had a thought that expounds on some theories floating around the board these days. Many people have suggested that Bran & co. will meet the Reed(s) after leaving the sacked WF (in S3). I always thought this would be convenient for D&D, but tricky since they head north but the Reeds are from the south.

What if the role of the Reeds is filled by some son and/or daughter of the mountain clans, that they meet on the way?

This could only be a slight alteration from the books, as they do meet a clansman on their way north. The only thing important about the Reeds being from the Neck/Howland's kids is the story of the KotLT, IMO (so far. It may become more important in TWoW). Since the show seems light on giving history in general, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut that story entirely anyway, Reed(s) or not.

So perhaps this means Osha takes Bran and Rickon with the intention of taking both beyond the wall by Ep10 this season, but at least one Reed shows up early in S3 to allow them to split up and for Osha to take Rickon away.

Yup this works, the thought was that Luwin was going to accompany them, leaving Osha with Bran and Hodor and having Luwin take Rickon.

... perhaps this means Osha takes Bran and Rickon with the intention of taking both beyond the wall by Ep10 this season, but at least one Reed shows up early in S3 to allow them to split up and for Osha to take Rickon away.

I can see this only if D&D intend to have the cameras follow Osha and Rickon. I would lay odds Natalia Tena ain't going anywhere.

Yup this works, the thought was that Luwin was going to accompany them, leaving Osha with Bran and Hodor and having Luwin take Rickon.

I can see this only if D&D intend to have the cameras follow Osha and Rickon. I would lay odds Natalia Tena ain't going anywhere.

It would be a big change up not killing off someone who is killed in the books, So far it's been people being killed who weren't, or character being killed earlier. But if the Reeds are cut from the story entirely then I can't see anyone other than Luwin taking Rickon. If the Reeds to come in to the story then I think, for the sake of keeping Osha in the show, they should have both turn up and Meera goes with Rickon, while Osha stays with Bran and Jojen joins them. The TV show does seem to be setting up osha as having Arcane knowledge, at least sufficient for her to be able to interpret Bran's dreams even if she doesn't herself have green dreams.

At this stage my money is on Luwin staying alive and escaping with Rickon. I can't see him going to Skagos (nor would Meera for that matter), so I guessing Rickon is headed elsewhere. Possibly to the hill tribes of the North, which is fine as far as things go.

Still undecided about this. On the one hand, Osha is clearly capable of telling him all about warging, and Bran is now having green dreams. So it's hard to see what function they would serve at the moment. Then there's the fact that everyone seems to think Osha's amazing and must be kept in (IMO she's OK, but not that great.......her main trick of 'my heads at 45 degrees therefore I'm weird' is wearing a bit thin'....)

On the other hand, Bran's story needs fleshing out more than anyone's. Between now and catching up with GRRM, we have an interaction with Jon at Queenscrown, an interaction with Sam at the Nightfort and then meeting Bloodraven. Other than travelling, that's about it. So perhaps going south initially to Greywater Watch (circumventing the issue that Osha would never voluntarily go back north of the wall), then meeting the Reeds, then going North would make sense.

I really don't get the Osha love......shouldn't have even cast her in the first place, and then they wouldn't have this 'problem' with having her exist the storyline. Would much rather have Meera & Jojen or at least one of them.... :(

Pretty sure they are NOT refering to the Reeds, as there is no sense in introducing them now. The Reeds were never "central to the plot".

Luwin could take Rickon straight to White Harbor, where Manderly could hide them until Davos's arrival. But they also might bring in the Reeds.

What if the role of the Reeds is filled by some son and/or daughter of the mountain clans, that they meet on the way?

This could only be a slight alteration from the books, as they do meet a clansman on their way north. The only thing important about the Reeds being from the Neck/Howland's kids is the story of the KotLT, IMO (so far. It may become more important in TWoW). Since the show seems light on giving history in general, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut that story entirely anyway, Reed(s) or not.

They can easily be Howland Reed's children and also from the Mountain clans. Given that the Reed family has not been mentioned in the show as yet, they could just make the Reeds into one of the mountain clans, and Howland could still be an old comrade at arms of Ned.

The scene of Bran and co. walking near the farm gave me hope of the Reeds, well, atleast Meera. Osha was talking how they don't have any food, except walnuts. To me, this clearly sounds(I want to believe!) like a build up for a cute and nice huntress who will make Bran fall in love.

I don't think there has been any talk about winged wolf being strapped to the ground by chains, so there is some space for Jojen too. Bran got some of his early dreams, but it seems like his story is waiting for something to let it evolve. It seems like the group has no idea what to do or where to go.

To the people who say they aren't important to the story: The story is not finished yet, so we don't really know that, now do we?

If it has been determined that the four are long gone from winterfell, not sure how luwin meets up with the four. Whoever mentioned OSHA talking about nothing to eat as a perfect way to introduce meera might have something there, not only would meera provide laughing tree and companionship for bran, but she could be the lifeline providing food

To the people who say they aren't important to the story: The story is not finished yet, so we don't really know that, now do we?

You also realize that the Reeds are not the only not-important-in-the-books-but-could-be-important-in-the-future characters that were cut, right? How about the Blackfish?

At this point, speculation about the Reeds being added is just wishful thinking. I prefer to think more rationally. What would adding the Reeds now, in a completely different role, add to the story? Does Bran really need more companions, when his story (and the Reeds') effectively ends in ADwD?

You also realize that the Reeds are not the only not-important-in-the-books-but-could-be-important-in-the-future characters that were cut, right? How about the Blackfish? At this point, speculation about the Reeds being added is just wishful thinking. I prefer to think more rationally. What would adding the Reeds now, in a completely different role, add to the story? Does Bran really need more companions, when his story (and the Reeds') effectively ends in ADwD?

Who don't know that they're even headed North. They have 33 episodes before Hodor needs to set Bran down in that cave.

"Casting is in full swing for the new season, so I'm watching auditions every night. Froggy may be turning up soon, but don't hold your breath. I'm too busy to devote much time to whipping up obscure clues. " - Not A Blog latest entry. http://grrm.livejournal.com/279376.html I believe there is some hope!

Froggy is the avatar that he uses when he posts the casting clues.

Archived