NFL Playoffs

Trebla

Sivin, replying to your post from the previous thread. I am not trying to pick a fight and most of the things I wrote was in jest. However..

Every team wants to win the SB, the Broncos are not special in this. I mean the Colts and the Niners wanted that at the beginning of the season. It did not turn out great for our team whereas the Niners are still in it. One team wins the SB and all 32 try again next year.

As for beating the Denver Crusaders, the Pats have the Hoodie to counter God and the supermodel-banging-baby's-mum-ditching-handsome-devil Brady to do the rest :P

Is there ANY chance at all there won't be crazy winds? I watched the goal post flags blowing in different directions than each other more times than I can count.

The weather should be crazy for this game I am curious to see how the Saints play in SF. Their last playoff game outside at Seattle they did not look that good and the weather there was not that bad.

ETA: Hey, Ku showed back up! Right when Tebow started winning again. Yep, that's a solid Christianist.

Nice assumption but I'm actually agnostic and know that Christianity is a load of bullhockey.

[MOD]

This thread is for discussion of the NFL playoffs.

Anyone who wants to talk about what constitutes rape can go ressurrect one of the bazillion threads about the topic in general chatter.

Further posts on the topic in this thread will be deleted.

[/MOD]

Nice assumption but I'm actually agnostic and know that Christianity is a load of bullhockey.

This assumption is part of the mystique, which you have admirably played into. If you don't actually like that then stop being part of the fun.

Dude, nobody knows who you are yet you're famous in the thread already for being so damned entertaining. If it were me, I'd roll with it.

ETA: Lord knows Rockroi takes a season off from being reasonable from time to time and we still love him here.

Awwww,,,the other thread was locked, but I got called out by Ku for making an incorrect Tebow prediction! WOO HOO!

Is this season the first with the new playoff OT rules? Or just the first time it was used...? In any case, it came across as ironic tonight...

What are you talking about? You said that Tim Tebow would not make 12 completions, you were correct.

Baltimore and San Francisco fans unite! (For now.) Go team Harbaugh!

I'm on this team like Roethlisberger on a young, drunk, co-ed.

Praying for some weather at the Stick on Saturday. High winds, rain, whatever...

A Pacific hurricane will spring up over the week, and it'll settle in for the game.

Oh, wait! I was thinking of what would happen if Tebow played for the 49'ers! ;)

McDaniels drafted Tebow. You might want to change your av for a few weeks.

That's the most interesting thing. There were a lot of reasons for the McDaniels firing, but the deciding factor was how he traded away all of Denver's star players. But his replacements have mostly been improvements:

In Out

Tim Tebow Jay Cutler

Demarious Thomas Brandon Marshall

Brandon Fells Kevin Schaffer

Brandon Lloyd Brandon Stokley

You can't blame McD for Cutler, he had no chance to fix that. Brandon Marshall has been a train wreck in Miami. Kevin Schaffer is a backup in Detroit. And Brandon Stokley (who I'll always have a soft spot for) is no longer in the league.

McDaniels drafted Demaryius Thomas too. With a pick traded from New England. I think one of the picks New England got back was used on McCourty. Is this the set up for some terrible closing of the circle?

How great will it be to see that matchup? I think that Tebow's going to throw to Thomas early and often. It should be interesting to say the least.

Sivin, replying to your post from the previous thread. I am not trying to pick a fight and most of the things I wrote was in jest. However..

Every team wants to win the SB, the Broncos are not special in this. I mean the Colts and the Niners wanted that at the beginning of the season. It did not turn out great for our team whereas the Niners are still in it. One team wins the SB and all 32 try again next year.

As for beating the Denver Crusaders, the Pats have the Hoodie to counter God and the supermodel-banging-baby's-mum-ditching-handsome-devil Brady to do the rest :P

I'm also not trying to be abrasive, but I think you're missing my point:

Denver (for example, most other teams also qualify) wants to win.

New England needs to win.

If Denver goes out and loses at New England next week, people will say "Hey, they did a great job just to get here."

But with New England, they will say "Another year of disappointment."

I'm not trying to say that winning doesn't mean as much to the Broncos, Ravens, Texans, 49'ers, etc... as much as it does to the Patriots, but they're just going out and playing football. And while they're going to do everything they can to win, all they have to do is play and have fun doing so.

I feel like I'm starting to rant, so let me end what I'm trying to say.

Football is a game. And you play it because it's fun, and when you're enjoying the game, you're playing loose and usually very hard. Because you want to have more fun. That was always my experience, and the same with my friends. So let me ask you this: When was the last time that Tom Brady, Bill Belicheck or any other Patriot looked like they were having fun?

I can't remember seeing it since about 2006. Right about the time that they turned from the hero's and into the villains.

How bad was Atlanta today? That second QB sneak was just laughable. They looked totally confused and without conviction before it. And Matt Ryan is one of the last QB's in the league that I'd put much faith in for a QB sneak.

The Giants are a little scary for Green Bay. They might be able to get some solid pressure on Rodgers, and they should be able to move the ball through the air against Green Bay's D.

New Orleans @ San Francisco is an awesome game for this round.

Anyone else remember the Falcons-Packers playoff game last year when Ryan did a sneak and ran into his guard? His helmet popped off, and he rubbed his face in the man's poop-smears. It was funny as hell.

I'm kind of liking NY against GB. Just a feeling, nothing solid yet.

Now it's YOU that are making assumptions. That Jaxom knows what he's talking about. That's simply not fair.

If I was ever to lose a bet to someone, it would be you...

I love your enthusiasm and intestinal fortitude.

But get used to this.

Speaking of which, that second bowl of 'Chunky Soup' is starting to seem like a horrible idea... I think I can actually feel the potatoes fighting it out with the carrots while they both try to escape back up my throat. :(

I'm on this team like Roethlisberger on a young, drunk, co-ed

:thumbsup:

I'm also not trying to be abrasive, but I think you're missing my point:

Denver (for example, most other teams also qualify) wants to win.

New England needs to win.

If Denver goes out and loses at New England next week, people will say "Hey, they did a great job just to get here."

But with New England, they will say "Another year of disappointment."

I'm not trying to say that winning doesn't mean as much to the Broncos, Ravens, Texans, 49'ers, etc... as much as it does to the Patriots, but they're just going out and playing football. And while they're going to do everything they can to win, all they have to do is play and have fun doing so.

I feel like I'm starting to rant, so let me end what I'm trying to say.

Football is a game. And you play it because it's fun, and when you're enjoying the game, you're playing loose and usually very hard. Because you want to have more fun. That was always my experience, and the same with my friends. So let me ask you this: When was the last time that Tom Brady, Bill Belicheck or any other Patriot looked like they were having fun?

I can't remember seeing it since about 2006. Right about the time that they turned from the hero's and into the villains.

I get it. Thanks for making the effort.

But remember Brett Favre was the guy who had the most fun (at least according to Madden and many other announcers) out there :laugh:

Also we need a uber villain like the Pats.

ETA: yay my 400th post

The Patriots are the heroes, don't get it twisted.

What a sick and twisted little world you must live in for Tim Tebow to be the best QB of all time, and the Patriots are heroes. I have an overwhelming desire to give you a hug and let you know that it will all be OK....

Well that last wild card game sure made up for the rest of this weekend. What a show. I have to admit I was slightly horrified to see the Broncos actually win that bitch.... but they really did play better. Crazy enough... Tebow completes a total of 10 passes the entire game and yet it was the best performance of his career so far. WTF?!?

Bronco WRs came up just as big. That straight arm by Thomas to win the game was simply epic. Watching some of the replay footage, I can see how the Bronco's formations threw off the Steeler defense. Seems to me the Steelers didn't prepare very well for this somewhat unconventional offense.

In other games: Saints and Giants look fantastic which means we got some wicked match-ups for next weekend. Holy damn.

The Patriots are the heroes, don't get it twisted.

The Patriots were the team that had the shiny white hats 10 years ago, they stood for team and country and underdogs everywhere. But, over the years they've gotten a little full of themselves, their hats have become dungy and now they're the type of team you usually find in an old western style saloon with blood shot eyes dreaming of better days, especially since that one punk team got lucky just that once and now they all remember them as some kind of Giants while they let destiny slip out of their fingers.

They still have greatness in them, no doubt, but it's a surly greatness now and the them has been known to be a bit of a bully in the saloon of recent years, but when this team is focused, they're dangerous, and it will all comes down to a showdown with the new gun in town who last year took down the biggest bullies on the block when they met in the state where western duels were made, now they've set their sights to meeting in Indianapolis for a showdown with these ex-heroes and it will be a thing of beauty.

Brandon Marshall has been a train wreck in Miami.

A train wreck in his personal life. On the field?

In two seasons with the Dolphins: 167 receptions, 2228 yards, 9 touchdowns.

He did that with Matt Moore, Chad Henne and Tyler Thigpen throwing him passes. Dude may be bipolar or whatever, but he's still a beast of a WR.

And if the tweets from this weekend between Cutler and Marshall are any indication, they both seem interested in a reunion in Chicago.

Archived