NFL Playoffs

Trebla

How bad was Atlanta today? That second QB sneak was just laughable. They looked totally confused and without conviction before it. And Matt Ryan is one of the last QB's in the league that I'd put much faith in for a QB sneak.

The Giants are a little scary for Green Bay. They might be able to get some solid pressure on Rodgers, and they should be able to move the ball through the air against Green Bay's D.

Some opening Vegas lines: Green Bay (-9.5) vs. New York and New England (-13) vs. Denver...

Now it's YOU that are making assumptions. That Jaxom knows what he's talking about. That's simply not fair.

I can't tell if you're mocking me or defending me, but either way it's all good! :thumbsup:

In the last thread, Lany asked:

Can I ask a general (history) question? There have been a few 58yd field goals and even a 61 yard field goal. Were these actual attempts or accidental field goals (long punts on 4th down)? (everytime someone punts from close the 50, I keep wondering if it might "accidentally" become a field goal)

If someone got the ball though the goal posts on a kick off, would it count as a field goal?

Responses were essentially, "Nope. a punt is a punt and a kick off is a kick off. No points awarded." OK... Would that be true on a punt that is drop kicked? Something in the back of my head says it would get you three points...

Also, anyone know what occurs on a kickoff that hits the upright and rebounds back into the field of play? Touchback? Live ball?

In the last thread, Lany asked:

Responses were essentially, "Nope. a punt is a punt and a kick off is a kick off. No points awarded." OK... Would that be true on a punt that is drop kicked? Something in the back of my head says it would get you three points...

Also, anyone know what occurs on a kickoff that hits the upright and rebounds back into the field of play? Touchback? Live ball?

A dropkick counts as a field goal, but given that you have to let it bounce, it is extremely difficult to kick it accurately.

The opening kickoff of the Giants-Falcons game hit the upright and bounced back in the field of play. It was a touchback.

A dropkick counts as a field goal, but given that you have to let it bounce, it is extremely difficult to kick it accurately.

The opening kickoff of the Giants-Falcons game hit the upright and bounced back in the field of play. It was a touchback.

Thought so. Thanks!

I missed the opening kickoff! :lol: My asking now seems really weird... :blush:

It certainly possible to do it, with a rugby ball anyway, but I'd be extremely impressed if someone had managed to score that way from 60 metres plus. Given a bit of practice I'd say that kicking extra points that way would be pretty achievable.

Denver is our best possible matchup. They ran on 20 of their 21 first downs. Since our pass defense is suspect, this is a good thing for the Patriots.

It is always windy here in eastern Massachusetts.

the great and mighty christian lord can put the wind at bay and the ball in the air when guided by his son jesus returned to earth the saviour of humanity tim tebow. the rapture may well be on sunday. it will be hosted in gillette stadium.

get your affairs in order.

Think the Divisional Round set up about as good as we could've hoped.

Saints vs. 49ers should be the classic unstoppable force/immovable object game - looking forward to this one the most. Giants look like they've captured some of their 2007 magic before heading into Green Bay (they had to win in GB that year too). Atlanta didn't score a single offensive point - are you kidding me? Texans at Ravens is a solid defense + running game matchup in an offensive year. And yeah Broncos-Pats is a huge mismatch on paper but the Broncos got the whole Disney movie buzz now and let's face it, it's a more interesting matchup than the Steelers would've been. This wasn't your daddy's Steelers team this was a horribly beaten up, injured at key spots, unable-to-rush-the-passer poor imitation of recent Steelers teams. I'd rather see how Timmy Skywalker does in the Death Star. Will he find out on National Television that Belichick is his father? Wait and find out....

The Patriots are the heroes, don't get it twisted.

So when did they start letting you mentals have internet privileges?

G-MEN!!! I think Houston will beat Baltimore (I dont care,) , New England will beat Broncos (hopefully not). NO will beat SF (hopefully not). And the mighty, almost undefeated, best team in the NFL will lose to NY!!!

And now we've got two of 'em. Look, bud, no one here is shitting on your Giants. Calm the hell down.

So when did they start letting you mentals have internet privileges?

And now we've got two of 'em. Look, bud, no one here is shitting on your Giants. Calm the hell down.

lol sorry. I just dont actually think they can beat GB, so maybe if i yell loud enough Eli can hear... lol

lol sorry. I just dont actually think they can beat GB, so maybe if i yell loud enough Eli can hear... lol

Giants got a shot. They seem to thrive in these David vs. Goliath type games and they played 'em down to the wire earlier in the year. If I was a Packer fan, I'd be a little nervous. It'll all come down to whether they can get to Rodgers or not.

ETA: Oh wait, Jason Pierre-Paul just guaranteed a win. Nevermind.

What a sick and twisted little world you must live in for Tim Tebow to be the best QB of all time, and the Patriots are heroes. I have an overwhelming desire to give you a hug and let you know that it will all be OK....

I don't think that Tim Tebow is the best QB of all time, that honor belongs to the illustrious Tom Brady. Tim Tebow is just the future greatest QB of all time and will win 10 MVPs, and 20 super bowls.

And you're still being silly/joking, because the odds of a highly physical and running quarterback like Tebow lasting 20 more years is highly unlikely. Tebow is many things, but immortal is (probably not) one of them.

I like Tebow, who doesnt? Jesus' fav QB, lol. But he is sloppy, some of those passes (45 yards!) are insane! But alot of them were shitty, like 5 yards and not making it, Tebow gotta improve if he wants to be a great, but he is a rookie so...

I'd rather see how Timmy Skywalker does in the Death Star. Will he find out on National Television that Belichick is his father? Wait and find out....

It's a shame the game isn't being played in Denver, because the Cloud City comparisons would have been so much more perfect. The thing is that if we're in Star Wars trilogy territory for Tebow, this is where he gets his hand chopped off and Champ Bailey gets locked in carbonite. Next year would be when he goes on to defeat the Hoodie.

A train wreck in his personal life. On the field?

In two seasons with the Dolphins: 167 receptions, 2228 yards, 9 touchdowns.

He did that with Matt Moore, Chad Henne and Tyler Thigpen throwing him passes. Dude may be bipolar or whatever, but he's still a beast of a WR.

And if the tweets from this weekend between Cutler and Marshall are any indication, they both seem interested in a reunion in Chicago.

I wouldn't want Brandon Marshall on my team, they guy's a nut job. Although, it would be interesting to see he and Jay get back together in Chicago.

I think NY has the best chance to pull an upset this week.

I don't think that Tim Tebow is the best QB of all time, that honor belongs to the illustrious Tom Brady. Tim Tebow is just the future greatest QB of all time and will win 10 MVPs, and 20 super bowls.

-facepalm-

Archived