Wind's Points of View.

Arkash

I HOPE no new POV characters are introduced. It has become to separated at this point. I think WoW should start moving people back to a central location so that everyone is in the same place. (Kind of like the beginning of GoT).

If anything, I hope that some POVs are removed. I think that Bran will not have any more chapters anymore because of the fact that he is turning into a greenseer and I don't think that would be interesting to read about. I also think that Brienne's POV chapters could be removed now that she is with Jaime. So that puts it at about 17. Not to mention, I'm sure many characters will die in WoW, so the amount of POVs will diminish.

Why do so many people expect Bran not to have more POV's? He is one of the main characters and the best positioned to discover more about the world beyond the wall, not to mention that otherwise we won't hear about his companions for some time.

Because at this point he knows too much. Not only is he apparently planning something concerning Theon, but his greenseer powers can allow him to see pretty much anything. We're a way off the ending yet so some of the big mysteries still need to remain secret.

Bran's POV is an ideal way to resolve all the loopholes GRRM has left in the book. His all-pervasive omnipresent nature will help him narrate any leftover storylines if George does not want to include them in his other POV's to cut down on length.

I think this would be cheap and lazy writing imo. This is why I no longer want Bran to become a POV for fear that his chapters will just devolve into exposition intervals. I'd much rather see what the effects of his powers from outside.

Bran's POV is an ideal way to resolve all the loopholes GRRM has left in the book. His all-pervasive omnipresent nature will help him narrate any leftover storylines if George does not want to include them in his other POV's to cut down on length.

I think this would be cheap and lazy writing imo. This is why I no longer want Bran to become a POV for fear that his chapters will just devolve into exposition intervals. I'd much rather see what the effects of his powers from outside.

Are you guys kidding me? Bran has plenty of great stuff to do still, lots of interactions with characters to be resolved. ie. the Reeds, coldhands, and george couldn't just leave out hodor from here on. A part of me clings to the hope he will return to Winterfell at the end of the series, but I'm not sure about that.

Look, George will find a way to marginalize Bran's greenseer powers from what some you seem to be imagining, he'll be able to do some awesome things but this omnipresence thing I am not buying. I think we will get to read chapters from his point of view that don't just information dump. Info could be cryptic or limited in some way and then throw in some really cool info or something really shocking or whatever.

You know I am right.

Because at this point he knows too much. Not only is he apparently planning something concerning Theon, but his greenseer powers can allow him to see pretty much anything. We're a way off the ending yet so some of the big mysteries still need to remain secret.

Just because he can get access to much information, it doesn't mean he will. Or that he will in a POV. Besides, he won't just sit around "seeing things".

I guess he'll have two chapters in Winds, but two hell of chapters, that is enough for him, like many said, he's becoming too much powerful, and since he doesnt really move, two chapters can be enough, covering long times, either by flashbacks, either by weeks narrated through a single chapter.

I think the story is going to continue in the tradition of the first three books- I think the main cast, including Tyrion, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Jaime, Davos, (Jon Snow?), Dany, etc. will have lots of chapters. The other POV's will have occasional mentions, but we'll see a lot of the fan favorites.

Why do so many people expect Bran not to have more POV's? He is one of the main characters and the best positioned to discover more about the world beyond the wall, not to mention that otherwise we won't hear about his companions for some time.

I can only speak for myself but Bran's last chapter in ADWD seemed so final to me that I automatically assumed he will not be a POV anymore, at least not in TWOW. It's more a feeling than anything else. I think we will only "see" him in other people's chapters when he tries to communicate to them through the trees. I can imagine him having one or two chapters in ADOS, but that's about it.

I can only speak for myself but Bran's last chapter in ADWD seemed so final to me that I automatically assumed he will not be a POV anymore, at least not in TWOW. It's more a feeling than anything else. I think we will only "see" him in other people's chapters when he tries to communicate to them through the trees. I can imagine him having one or two chapters in ADOS, but that's about it.

I don't understand. What in Bran III of ADwD was so final? To me, it was such an obvious cliffhanger...

The thing is that Bran gets to know too much things, he's quite a god, now, omnipotent and all, it wouldnt do the story too much good to have him having too much time...

I just want Bran to get his legs back.....apparently thats too much to ask of GRRM.

But surely in this world of magic and dragons GRRM can figure out SOMETHING? I mean hell he's got The Mountain still roaming around as Ser Robert Strong. Surely theres a way he can heal Bran's legs and allow him to be Lord of Winterfell or at least an adviser to Rickon if he doesn't want it.....

As for POV I think Bran will have a few more. The last chapter of his in ADWD was definitely not final.

The thing is that Bran gets to know too much things, he's quite a god, now, omnipotent and all, it wouldnt do the story too much good to have him having too much time...

When he finishes his training, he may become almost omniscient. Omnipotent? Hardly. He can control animals and talk through weirwood to a few people, that's not all that powerful. Unless you believe he can actually change the past, which would turn this into a sci-fi almost.

Besides, Bran hasn't decided to become a tree yet. We know he doesn't want to, but he is training because it's the only thing he can do right now. He cares about Jojen and Meera, but he can't leave, or their journey would be for nothing. And there are traumas that he has to overcome: he is trying to talk to Theon, who took Winterfell and pretended to kill him, but that never left a scar on Bran, but he is still not able to think about Jaime and I think that will be important later on.

Leaving Bran out of the POVs but for one or two chapters would be a disservice to the character that has developed so far. Besides, in a book called The Winds of Winter, Bran is one of the characters that can give us the words coming from the far north.

How cool would it be if Bran and Jon's POVs were through Summer and Ghost exploring the Lands of Always Winter? Jon, within Ghost would somehow have to escape Castle Black (he is currently locked up) and reach Bran in the cave while passing through the now literally Haunted Forest. Ghost is sneaky! We could also find out what exactly happened at Hardhome.

I just want Bran to get his legs back.....apparently thats too much to ask of GRRM.

But surely in this world of magic and dragons GRRM can figure out SOMETHING? I mean hell he's got The Mountain still roaming around as Ser Robert Strong. Surely theres a way he can heal Bran's legs and allow him to be Lord of Winterfell or at least an adviser to Rickon if he doesn't want it.....

And I just want Brienne to have a happy ending as opposed to getting her face eaten off by a psychopath and then sentenced to death by hanging because she made the mistake of trying to protect innocent people.

Just be glad Bran doesn't have any pus-leaking wounds, and in fairness, it's not likely that he will suffer any further physical injury. He's much safer there than most places in the world right now.

Archived