Biggest badass in the series?

The Drunkard

How the hell was that not badass? Destroying your opponent with your fist while screaming the words he's been taunting you with the entire battle, in front of the whole city to witness. I'm not sure what your definition of "badass" is, but Gregors scene is, in its own cruel way, extremely badass.

I guess it really depends on how we define "badass." Like, is sadism and/or immorality irrelevant to a character's badassery? (If so, Greg, Ramsay, and Drogo should count.) Fighting in the name of righteousness? Does badassery entirely depend on body count, or do odds against an opponent factor in as well? Math nerds here should come up with some kind of equation to account for all these factors.

You know, I used to think that Stannis was a pretty big badass, because the guy just wouldn't give up. But this image has changed my mind.

http://www.book-fun-...11/09/jorah.jpg

Who's yours?

Why is there no mention of what a badass Jorah was when his wife milked all his money and left him for another man? Where was his badassedness then? I call that a pussy-whipped carpet of a douche bag. No offense to your idea of a badass. I just wanted to add why he doesn't make my the top of my bad ass list. I haven't decided who that is yet.

I also disagree with Jorah Mormont. He never caught my eye as badass either. Maybe he was just being overshadowed by Drogo though and that is a hard person to outbadass.

Drogo runs around half-naked in the heat.

Jorah wears wool and leather and steel!

I bet Drogo's never even seen a bear!

:P

I'm a bit disturbed by these choices, to be honest. Drogo's speech includes the line "I will rape their women", and Victarion killed his wife for infidelity/possible rape. As for Gregor... If you think his speech to Oberyn was badass, then I'll happily leave this fandom.

I guess it really depends on how we define "badass." Like, is sadism and/or immorality irrelevant to a character's badassery? (If so, Greg, Ramsay, and Drogo should count.) Fighting in the name of righteousness? Does badassery entirely depend on body count, or do odds against an opponent factor in as well? Math nerds here should come up with some kind of equation to account for all these factors.

I believe that "badass" is irrelevant to good or evil.

Badass =/= heroic. Badass =/= admirable. It involves certain admirable qualities, but I do not think badassery should solely be the province of the righteous.

To me, badass generally encompasses feats of strength coupled with a level of daring, determination and savvy flippancy in the face of ruin, and above all else toughness and strength of will.

You mileage may vary on if any of the villainous characters have these traits.

Given my emphasis on inner toughness and resolve, I'd say it's entirely possible to be a non-physical badass as long as you have determination and success in some arena.

For instancy, Samwell's killing the Other (if somewhat by accident), his various other moments of standing up for his oaths, and so forth, qualify as badass achievements (though I wouldn't say they are enough to give Samwell "badass" status at this time).

Now Ramsay isn't a badass. He's a pathetic whelp that is deeply insecure about himself. Gregor's final speech qualifies as being somewhat badass due to the defiance (and the fact that Oberyn had him totally beaten and then he crushed him anyway), despite referencing unsavory acts.

I don't know if I'd otherwise qualify Gregor as a badass, however.

I'd say Sandor Clegance was definitely badass, and became moreso upon beating Beric (since he beat him in spite of his pyrophobia and Beric's flaming sword... whereas previously he'd chickened out in the face of flame and lost considerable badass street cred).

beric dondarion!

the man was killed seven times! and every time he just kept on with his mission. i would say coming back from the grave multiple times to keep on fighting is pretty badass.

note: i love the movie the crow, so, there you go.

Badass

1. Arya- Accomplished feats as a child that most of the people mentioned on the thread wish they do as adults.

2. Euron- Basically a total dick who gets to become king. Then proceeds to be a total dick. Badass.

3. Khal Drogo- Commands 40,000 badasses.

4. Strong Belwas- Anyone who can talk in the third person (and not get their head of by Job Snow) is badass.

Excluded

Tyrion- Does several badass feats, but too much of this "woe is me" pissing and moaning.

Victorion- Too much of a putz.

Ramsay- Creep wierdo. Just a bully who picks on the weak. Once comfronted by his dad he acted like a little bitch.

Archived