Once Upon a Time (It's very own thread)

Howdyphillip

Oh nooo LO no please,that would be really to soap opera-ish. And my poor hearth couldn't take it. :) No something in Canadian promo made me think he'll forsake Bae quest for the time being to save Bella and make her remember him again.

It would also be very S-o-ish if she was to fall for Gold all over again without remembering their history.

Welcome back Mulan,queen of sismance.I loved this episode,so much tension

Hey thats my word (copyrights pending)

So who was in the car? I thought it would be Bae/Henry's dad, yes I agree, I think its the same person. We have not met anyone (other Henry and his mom) that wasn't from a fairly land.

Hey thats my word (copyrights pending)

So who was in the car? I thought it would be Bae/Henry's dad, yes I agree, I think its the same person. We have not met anyone (other Henry and his mom) that wasn't from a fairly land.

Apparently it was some random guy who was just driving somewhere and since the curse was broken people from outside can just roam in to SB any time now. It's shown in promo for next week episode.

And sismance is really yours?Well i think you can be proud it is now word used in forum :) it's legit :)

Apparently it was some random guy who was just driving somewhere and since the curse was broken people from outside can just roam in to SB any time now. It's shown in promo for next week episode.

And sismance is really yours?Well i think you can be proud it is now word used in forum :) it's legit :)

OK thanks.

Up thread IIRC Lady Oct said "whatever you call a bromance, with girls" and came back with sismance. I believe it was also about Mulan.

I don't like wishing ill on people but I really hope Hook dies horribly ths guy is not just a bully. He'a a smug self-rightous bully who thinks he's somehow entitled to the right to bully. That when a former victim gains power that can be used against him they are "cheating" and must be punished.

I really don't like Hook.

That is an interesting take. And I'm inclined to agree with you.

I think the "sympathy" we are suppose to feel for Hook is that Rumple killed his twu wuv.

But no. I find myself not giving a crap that their feels were genuine for each other.

The way it all happened/went down. I have a very limited supply of sympathy for them.

I guess as a mother I can not abide Rumples wife's actions. So what if she was ashamed and bored. How can she just take off on her son.

And Hook. Is a selfish insensitive twat.. Or Bully as you eloquently put it.

But Hook is always a villain. He wants what he wants and no one is suppose to get in his way.

And that is the villain archetype that I find least compelling. But it is a personality that is kinda perfect for a pirate.

:agree:

My problem with their story is exactly what you described: I can't sympathize with a woman who abandons his son with a man she despises, and I can't sympathize with a man who didn't give a damn about her doing that. A spoiled brat of a man, really. Every self proclaimed Hook fan I've seen so far will gladly admit they only like him because he's hot.

I think the problem goes deeper, though, than simply the way he's written: it's the actors. Hook will always stand opposed to Rumple, and the actor is simply not half as brilliant as Robert Carlyle. Now, imagine if he was, imagine if someone like Carlyle played Hook - it would be really hard not to root for him.

I agree about Hook and Rumple's wife,they are selfish irresponsible,pathetic excuse for a love story. I must admit though that I'm one of those fans that like to have him around just because he's pleasant to look at :) but oh,how I want him to go down in flames,screaming and in pain while Gold and Belle watch, happy and smiling.

I don't care either way about Hook, I just feel like they have been stalling the 4 or so ep, and have not got to who is Henry's father ep. guess we will have to wait til sweeps month (is the March or Feb?)

They did made us believe we'll have some new information on this matter when they practically started the season with him and now nothing. I don't know how much time has passed between breaking of the curse and present moment? If I was in his place it wouldn't take me more than couple of weeks to get there.

I don't care either way about Hook, I just feel like they have been stalling the 4 or so ep, and have not got to who is Henry's father ep. guess we will have to wait til sweeps month (is the March or Feb?)

According to the previews, set pictures, etc.,

he'll appear again in two or three episodes. Emma and Henry will meet him when they go with Rumple to find Bae - which, in my humble opinion, probably only makes it more likely the guy is Bae

I don't know how much time has passed between breaking of the curse and present moment? If I was in his place it wouldn't take me more than couple of weeks to get there.

Judging by how much time Emma and Snow seem to have spent in FTL, it's probably been a week? Anyway, we just don't know if he's interested in going there, even though he wanted to be told when the curse was lifted. He hasn't seen Emma in ten years, and the way they parted he knows she won't be pleased to see him again - not to mention that August apparently convinced him he was a bad influence on her and therefore should stay away. He almost certainly doesn't know about Henry. If he is Bae - or another FTL character we don't know about - he has his own reasons to stay away from Storybrooke.

On a different note, I wonder if anyone remembered to tell Geppeto that August was Pinocchio?

I think the problem goes deeper, though, than simply the way he's written: it's the actors. Hook will always stand opposed to Rumple, and the actor is simply not half as brilliant as Robert Carlyle. Now, imagine if he was, imagine if someone like Carlyle played Hook - it would be really hard not to root for him.

I think that would me magic. Maybe even a little amazeballs.

On a different note, I wonder if anyone remembered to tell Geppeto that August was Pinocchio?

I think it was Henry that told him who August is, but when Geppeto went to see him - because August was all wooden - the bed was empty.

I wish they'd either bring August back or get rid of the character. This whole' in limbo' thing with him, along with some vague reassurances from the show's creators that we'll see him again at some point suck. It was a problem I had with Lost as well - they spent too much time introducing too many new characters instead of focusing on the ones they already had.

@scotcat

Thanks, I didn't remember that happening. I didn't really have a problem with that on Lost, since all my favorite characters received enough attention. Well, except for Richard... Anyway, back to 2013, I think their choices make sense. It seems their priority this season was to have Emma and Snow bond through danger, instead of simply in a domestic environment in a way used too frequently in soap-operas and day-time shows. And then Cora and Hook arrived in town. Of course, they could have reintroduced August slowly, a bit in this episode, a bit in the other, but that would ruin all the emotional impact they're probably trying to build.

@ Lady Octarina.

i loved Lost. Was it a perfect viewing experience? No, but what is? One of the things i learned from watching it was that you have to have patience - sooner or later things will get paid off. I'm certain OuaT will take a similar form. Sadly, patience has always been a work in progress with me! lol

Every self proclaimed Hook fan I've seen so far will gladly admit they only like him because he's hot.

Yup. ;)

Yup, absolutely. :)

Archived