The Blackfish

crown of gold

I think blackfish did escape riverrun. He's an intelligent scout and led rob's scouts as well. I personally believe he's been tailing Jaime waiting for an opportunity to come along to:

A) see what he's doing

B) possibly approach lords shortly after Jamie and bring them back into the fold (unlikely but possible.

C) wait for the perfect opportunity to shank him

D) possibly recapture him for some hostage exchange

But the safest place will no body would look is right behind Jamie's little band. I don't think it would be too hard for him to avoid the outriders.

If he's been there all along I think when Brienne takes him off into the woods (towards lady stone heart) he follows and will shortly confront them. I think he catches them off guard kinda the same way vargo hoat did and get Brienne to tell of Cat which Jamie is surprised and hurt by (but strangely more attracted to Brienne ;p ) and then he believes and decides to lead them as prisoners to stone heart. He may just be the one to take her life, if stone heart kills him I'd be extremely pissed because he never did her no wrong but I think this is how he will fall in with the BWB.

Winterfel is pretty far off I dont think he had time to get there to be the hooded man. If he went to the vale by himself Timmett would kill the shit out of him with his men and the lannister steal, I don't recall the bloody gate being closed just that Timmett has gotten bold and raiding up the ass. Vales not an option.

It's entirely possible that stoneheart has Robb's will as she returned to hags mire with BWB and I think that's where they stashed it. Also I believe the show kinda killed the chances of Mrs Westerling being pregnant. Although she might be with blackfish which I doubt.

I do think BWB will go after edmure ASAP and that something nasty is about to happen to the ferret freys at riverrun (hopefully the super ferret is there as well Walder Frey 💩💩💩💩himself)

Hmm what else...I also think they will save jeyne Westerling as well as she is the queen.

The whole will being retrieved I'd like to think will eventually have to do with Jon if he is alive (I pray more like Vic than cat but we'll see if he didn't die)

I do think BWB and the blackfish will be together and eventually heads to the crannogmen.

Jamie and Brienne in all this hmmm I'd like to think they both make it and end up aiding them and Jaime is forced to prove his honor with stone heart and BWB by saving edmure and the queen as well as killing some freys. Let's see Jaime switch to the good guys!!!

I don't think stone heart is Long for this world, I think however it'll be Nymeria thru arya that kills her although I would like to see her reunited with one of the kids maybe even Jon for some forgiveness to go on there maybe her with the will is kind of her doing that. Just speculation

Someone recently pointed out to me that Sansa as Alayne has a much better inheritance opportunities than Sansa as Sansa.

After all, in the North, Bran, Rickon and a legitimized Jon all stand in the way of her claim.

Meanwhile as a legitimized Alayne, she gets Harrenhall and returns the lands to Riverland control.

And Sansa's connection to Harrenhall seems to run deeper as well, as Jamie and Brienne's united "oath" to find Sansa has a weird special connection to Harrenhall. Brienne even carries a Harrenhall shield.

So, if Blackfish has fled to the Vale, where he has friends, I could see him getting involved in Sansa's plotlne of returning Harrenhall to the Riverlands.

Someone recently pointed out to me that Sansa as Alayne has a much better inheritance opportunities than Sansa as Sansa.

After all, in the North, Bran, Rickon and a legitimized Jon all stand in the way of her claim.

Meanwhile as a legitimized Alayne, she gets Harrenhall and returns the lands to Riverland control.

And Sansa's connection to Harrenhall seems to run deeper as well, as Jamie and Brienne's united "oath" to find Sansa has a weird special connection to Harrenhall. Brienne even carries a Harrenhall shield.

So, if Blackfish has fled to the Vale, where he has friends, I could see him getting involved in Sansa's plotlne of returning Harrenhall to the Riverlands.

I'm not sure about the Harrenhaal angle, but I definitely think that the Blackfish is hiding out in the Vale, and he and Sansa will cross paths.

I was spurred to register to comment on this thread after lurking for a while.

The show is pretty good but every now and then it irritates me a little and my biggest gripe was with Jeyne and the seemingly needless divergence from the books. Reading this thread and seeing the speculation about her in two year old posts made me a bit sad.

In the books she is alive (and still named Jeyne) while in the show her equivalent character is dead. I'm assuming the writers would have conferred with GRRM over this? I can't see her, or a possible heir, ever playing a role again in the books because of the show. Even if GRRM never intended to write about her again I would have preferred if the possibility had been left open. You would hope that the show would try not to spoil the books.

At least the show didn't kill of the Blackfish, and given he was actually at the wedding it was a concern. I guess he will simply go back to Riverun in the show but you never know.

As for Winds of Winter, I can only see him trying to continue the fight. Heading to the North is possible but I would assume he stays in the riverlands as a guerrilla fighter until other events find him.

I was spurred to register to comment on this thread after lurking for a while.

The show is pretty good but every now and then it irritates me a little and my biggest gripe was with Jeyne and the seemingly needless divergence from the books. Reading this thread and seeing the speculation about her in two year old posts made me a bit sad.

In the books she is alive (and still named Jeyne) while in the show her equivalent character is dead. I'm assuming the writers would have conferred with GRRM over this? I can't see her, or a possible heir, ever playing a role again in the books because of the show. Even if GRRM never intended to write about her again I would have preferred if the possibility had been left open. You would hope that the show would try not to spoil the books.

At least the show didn't kill of the Blackfish, and given he was actually at the wedding it was a concern. I guess he will simply go back to Riverun in the show but you never know.

As for Winds of Winter, I can only see him trying to continue the fight. Heading to the North is possible but I would assume he stays in the riverlands as a guerrilla fighter until other events find him.

Yea, I hadn't thought about jeyne with regards to the show, kinda seems like they're skipping that whole plot as roose will alrdy be back illy the dreadfort this season presumely without "arya". Was there even a jeyne like character in the first season? I certainly can't remember one. Unless they just turn up a random girl to be her but if she's not from Winterfel how does she really pass as arya in the first place. I guess we'll see presumably by the end of this season because I've heard (forget where) that they'll get to theons moat cailain scene and the whole point of that in the books was to meet up with roose. Perhaps with the show it'll be to get fake arya.

And how is man wanted across all of Westeros going to get a boat? We might know if only other people who were on the run had been trying to get a boat on the down low.

Same way Ser Barristan did. The Blackfish is a famous knight throughout the Seven Kingdoms, but his face is only widely known by those in the Vale/Riverlands, and is most recognized by his sigil. If he dressed in the clothes of any number of dead smallfolk along the way, people would just see an old refugee. He could easily have escaped with some gold and silver and bought passage on a ship from the Free Cities.

I think he's hiding in or around Riverrun, plausibly allied with, but not part of, the BwB. If Tom O'Sevens told Edmure about even the vaguest plans to get revenge in Riverrun, you can bet BF was told by Edmure. BF is going to want in on that.

Same way Ser Barristan did. The Blackfish is a famous knight throughout the Seven Kingdoms, but his face is only widely known by those in the Vale/Riverlands, and is most recognized by his sigil. If he dressed in the clothes of any number of dead smallfolk along the way, people would just see an old refugee. He could easily have escaped with some gold and silver and bought passage on a ship from the Free Cities.

I think he's hiding in or around Riverrun, plausibly allied with, but not part of, the BwB. If Tom O'Sevens told Edmure about even the vaguest plans to get revenge in Riverrun, you can bet BF was told by Edmure. BF is going to want in on that.

That was also a lot earlier and they were only hunting for him in KL. Other lords didn't care and wouldn't turn him over.

By the time BF was escaping, the Saltpans were burned and the only ship was leaving for Braavos. Maidenpool is under the control of Randyll Tarly, who knows to look for him along with Dontos, Sansa, or Tyrion. Duskendale is a few hundred miles away from Riverrun at least and there weren't any ships sailing out without inspection there either. There was no practical way for him to get to Gulltown by the sea.

Yea, I hadn't thought about jeyne with regards to the show, kinda seems like they're skipping that whole plot as roose will alrdy be back illy the dreadfort this season presumely without "arya". Was there even a jeyne like character in the first season? I certainly can't remember one. Unless they just turn up a random girl to be her but if she's not from Winterfel how does she really pass as arya in the first place. I guess we'll see presumably by the end of this season because I've heard (forget where) that they'll get to theons moat cailain scene and the whole point of that in the books was to meet up with roose. Perhaps with the show it'll be to get fake arya.

Haha, I was talking about Jeyne Westerling, Robbs wife, rather than Jeyne Poole, Sansas friend. Perhaps the possible confusion is why they changed the name. Still didn't see the reason to kill her. Jeyne Poole was a minor character in the first season of the show. Could make a return soon.

That was also a lot earlier and they were only hunting for him in KL. Other lords didn't care and wouldn't turn him over.

By the time BF was escaping, the Saltpans were burned and the only ship was leaving for Braavos. Maidenpool is under the control of Randyll Tarly, who knows to look for him along with Dontos, Sansa, or Tyrion. Duskendale is a few hundred miles away from Riverrun at least and there weren't any ships sailing out without inspection there either. There was no practical way for him to get to Gulltown by the sea.

Don't need a ship just a boat, hug the coast. Not saying he did this, but its not outside the realms of possibility.

Don't need a ship just a boat, hug the coast. Not saying he did this, but its not outside the realms of possibility.

In the fall with horrible storms and choppy seas when you have ships from all over sinking in the storms or being seized by pirates? It's not completely impossible, but neither is a meteor hitting someone.

He's right under jaimes nose the whole time. I'm telling you he'll follow Brienne and possibility heard the whole Sansa is in danger bit. He was the leader of Robb's scouts and commander of the bloody gate. If there's one man in westeros with a gun w/one bullet to use surrounded by thousands of enemies he's the best one to have it. He followed Jaime and has been watching ever since biding his time waiting for his moment. I think a freakishly large woman just gave it to him.

If Jaime and Brienne have any chance of living through this ordeal something has to hinder them on their way or else one of them is dead. If the blackfish comes upon them unawares and forces Brienne to fess up this changes the outcome and gives blackfish an understanding and a semi respect for Jaime (plus he'll want to kill him himself) and then they go back to BWB for a lovely uncle niece reunion

Tracking Jaime and following his host is probably the last place anyone including Jaime would look for him there. Smartest place to be. He wants a high value hostage to get his nephew freed how else with a golden king killing lion close at hand

If Jaime and Brienne have any chance of living through this ordeal something has to hinder them on their way or else one of them is dead. If the blackfish comes upon them unawares and forces Brienne to fess up this changes the outcome and gives blackfish an understanding and a semi respect for Jaime (plus he'll want to kill him himself) and then they go back to BWB for a lovely uncle niece reunion

Tracking Jaime and following his host is probably the last place anyone including Jaime would look for him there. Smartest place to be. He wants a high value hostage to get his nephew freed how else with a golden king killing lion close at hand

Interesting theory, though, I still think the Vale is more likely...or of course Blackfish could unite with Jaime and Brienne before they all went to the Vale together to investigate the stories about LF's newfound "daughter."

The Blackfish is not going to like the idea of his zombie niece running around the Riverlands seeking revenge and causing all kinds of trouble. Wherever he is, I don't think he's with the Brotherhood---meaning he's not a part of their group. I do, however, think he's going to meet Jaimie again. There was just too much potential in their first conversation for the two to never come face to face again.

I think the Vale is probably the most likely as well. Although we all know Martin doesn't always go with "the most likely", I could see him showing up there and interacting with Sansa and Littlefinger. I'm interested to know what happens with them and Harry the Heir. It could definitely help Sansa when she re-emerges to have the Blackfish with her. Brotherhood Without Banners could make sense too since he's been linked to Cat a lot through out the book so far and like aprildblues said, it kind of seems like there should be more between him and Jaime. Unfortunately, we're just gonna have to stew on all of this until it finally comes out (whenever that may be)!

The Vale certainly makes some sense, but a part of me wonders if he pulled a "Titan's Bastard" and shaved his beard, lost his personal sigils, and became a man-at-arms, following the Freys from Riverrun to WF. HE could be "The Ghost" in WF...a bit of a crackpot theory, I know, but forgive a noob these perhaps far-fetched theories until he has time to read more of the topics and catch up a bit, as well as complete my re-reads:-)

When Theon sees the hooded figure, there is no clasps, sigils or jewelry to distinguish him, which the Blackfish would most likely be without as well. He could know how to get around WF as well as anyone who never lived there, as he was a Tully and mayhap told of some passage (such as the one Bran mentions at the beginning of aGoT) by his sister, nephews, or good-brother. This could even make it possible that he somehow met up with the host (such as it is) outside WF...

Archived