The Blackfish

crown of gold

My brother thinks that the Blackfish never left Riverrun, this is his home castle and there might be a secret place down there where he is waiting for his moment to strike. Think about it, raise the gate partially, disappear in a secret hiding spot, a well chamber etc.. and holy crap, where is the Blackfish?. there is supposed to be a Frey/Lannister wedding at Riverrun comming up, would be a great place for an appearance. Tom O Sevens is there, he is "friendly" to the cause. The hostages are at the Twins, they might have to be transported by the way of Riverrun before heading to the Rock, depending on the timing of the POV between AFFC (Jaime) and ADWD (Jaime). The Blackfish could be and might have been listening to all of their plans right under their noses and they never noticed he was there. It is a good theory, maybe it is true.

My brother thinks that the Blackfish never left Riverrun, this is his home castle and there might be a secret place down there where he is waiting for his moment to strike. Think about it, raise the gate partially, disappear in a secret hiding spot, a well chamber etc.. and holy crap, where is the Blackfish?. there is supposed to be a Frey/Lannister wedding at Riverrun comming up, would be a great place for an appearance. Tom O Sevens is there, he is "friendly" to the cause. The hostages are at the Twins, they might have to be transported by the way of Riverrun before heading to the Rock, depending on the timing of the POV between AFFC (Jaime) and ADWD (Jaime). The Blackfish could be and might have been listening to all of their plans right under their noses and they never noticed he was there. It is a good theory, maybe it is true.

I like this. They may captive some Lannisters and then try to exchange them for Edmure and Northmen, though knowing Cersei she just tell them let them die. She was never too fond of her family except Jaime.

There is no chance LF exposed Sansa's true identity to anyone other than Lysa (only because it was necessary). The BF is more of a threat to his plans than a benefit at this point. However that could change when Dany lands or if LF decides to support Aegon (likely if the Tyrell army is defeated). In such a case I can see LF bringing the BF into the fold.

Assuming LF was telling the truth, Anya Waynwood must have been told who "Alayne" really is. I doubt she would have consented to marry "Harry the Heir" to LF's baseborn daughter, but would jump at the chance to marry him to Sansa Stark, presumptive heir to Winterfell.

Brynden "Blackfish" Tully is majorly bad-ass, and like Stannis seems a genuinely tenacious and gritty guy. I think he'll show up and meet one of the main POV characters, like zombie Catelyn or Sansa.

Him taking Edmure out of Casterly Rock seems a bit unrealistic.

Assuming LF was telling the truth, Anya Waynwood must have been told who "Alayne" really is. I doubt she would have consented to marry "Harry the Heir" to LF's baseborn daughter, but would jump at the chance to marry him to Sansa Stark, presumptive heir to Winterfell.

Remember, LF was getting Lady Waynwood out of debt (I think we can all jump at something like that) and also he has been raised to lord of Harrenhal, Lord Paramount of the Trident and Lord Protector of the Vale (vastly greater than his previous station). Harry is not just marrying some baseborn daughter, but the daughter of one of the ruling lords of Westeros. All he need tell Lady Waynwood is that the Alayne will be legitimized by the time of the marriage, (plausible, given LF's station and his great favor with the Lannisters) that she is maiden, and we all know she is beautiful. Surprising everyone with her true identity and heritage will only be icing on the cake.

Its more likely that he may have hinted to her that sweet Robin won't last very long and that Harry will sit the Falcon throne.

Remember, LF was getting Lady Waynwood out of debt (I think we can all jump at something like that) and also he has been raised to lord of Harrenhal, Lord Paramount of the Trident and Lord Protector of the Vale (vastly greater than his previous station). Harry is not just marrying some baseborn daughter, but the daughter of one of the ruling lords of Westeros. All he need tell Lady Waynwood is that the Alayne will be legitimized by the time of the marriage, (plausible, given LF's station and his great favor with the Lannisters) that she is maiden, and we all know she is beautiful. Surprising everyone with her true identity and heritage will only be icing on the cake.

Its more likely that he may have hinted to her that sweet Robin won't last very long and that Harry will sit the Falcon throne.

I agree with this, and I'm particularly more interested in learning what they will do about her marriage to Tyrion - I mean, if she marries Harry before the other one is canceled, wouldn't that be invalid? What do they need to cancel it, besides Tyrion's death? A king (or queen), I assume. The question is, which - and when.

I don't believe Blackfish would venture himself into the Rock, I think that the 'mission' of freeing Edmure and Jeyne will be accomplished by Dany, when she sails around the world and lands in the Westerlands for her invasion... right after getting to know Asshai.

That'd be just awesome.

I do think Blackfish is heading to the Vale or tho The Neck, where some of the few Stark loyalist left are.

I agree with this, and I'm particularly more interested in learning what they will do about her marriage to Tyrion - I mean, if she marries Harry before the other one is canceled, wouldn't that be invalid? What do they need to cancel it, besides Tyrion's death? A king (or queen), I assume. The question is, which - and when.

As per Tywin when he was speaking to Tyrion, any marriage not consummated, can be set aside by the High Septon. Considering that Tyrion is an attainted traitor, this should not be too much of a problem. The main problem is that Sansa is still suspected of having a hand in killing Joffery.

Most importantly, we know that the Hight Septon is not a puppet or a fool. He knows who Cersei is and what she is (tramp, liar, etc.,). I have no doubt he could be persuaded (with a handsome pension and promise of friendship) to declare Sansa fit for remarriage.

I believe, and I'm not the only one, he escaped with Jeyne Westerling and Robb's heir, although I have no idea where he could have gone.

On second thought: Robb acknowledged Jon as his heir, right? So if Jeyne shows up with Robb's child, will the child be the heir or will it still be Jon? Food for thought.

Didn't they say not all BwB followed Lady Stoneheart? Maybe they'll rally around the Blackfish. I'm sure he could get also riverlands freeriders, hedge knights, and northmen who escaped Duskendale and Ruby Ford to follow him. I think Jaime and Genna were right, that the Blackfish will find men willing to follow him and continue the fight in the Riverlands.

If he manages to pull that off, I could see him attacking the Mountain's men and rescuing Robin Ryger and Desmond Grell, or attacking the Freys at Darry.

I hate how many stupid Chekhov's Guns this series has. Where's Robb's will? Does Jeyne have a baby? Where's Rickon? Where's Benjen? Where's the Blackfish? Where's Gerion? Aegon? Does R+L=J? Will that matter? Where's Howland Reed? Where's Marwyn the Mage? etc.

No, no, no. Those aren’t Chekhov’s Guns; they’re just dangling threads or unanswered mysteries. Not the same thing at all.

Checkov’s guns would here be things like the Horn of Winter bringing down the wall, or possibly also whether a greenseer can skinchange into a dragon. They’re loaded guns that the author has put on stage, and remain unfired through the main part of the play just waiting to go off. They would be a waste of space if they never came to anything. Expect to see them go off in the last act.

I second this. He's either trying to free Edmure or the BwB.

The main objective of the Black Fish is to continue the fight against the Lannisters and Freys. The best way to do this is to wage guerilla style warfare and bleed an already spent foe. The BWB and Northmen trapped below the Neck (but still loyal to House Stark) would fit this purpose perfectly. In addition, all of the former Tully bannerman (except for House Frey and Barcken) are still loyal and will join the fight if given a good chance at victory. The BF will need Edmure and his heir free to rouse the entire Riverlands. I suspect gathering troops and freeing Edmure will be the BF's first priorities.

I too think he is the hooded man at Winterfell, and also responsible for Little Walder's death.

I don't think so, Brynden Tully escaped from Riverrun after the fall of Moat Cailin, and he is an honorable man as Jaime said when Lord Westerling was scared if they stormed the walls, Brynden would kill the Westerlings in his custody: "He is not as black a fish as that."

I don't think so, Brynden Tully escaped from Riverrun after the fall of Moat Cailin, and he is an honorable man as Jaime said when Lord Westerling was scared if they stormed the walls, Brynden would kill the Westerlings in his custody: "He is not as black a fish as that."

I also can't see the BF in the North. He can do the most good by fighting the Lannisters in the Riverlands, rousing the Lords of the Trident and freeing Edmure.

If he gos to the Vale i can see LF killing him.....unless he shows up and starts gathering men,LF starts up this intricate plot to kill him but takes so long doing it that BF sneaks up to the Eyrie and because Petyrs useless at duelling kills him straight off.Thats what id like

I have to say that I agree with the others that think the Blackfish is either the "Hooded Man" trying to rescue/protect "Arya", or with the real (and still pregnant) Jeyne. I could also see him headed to the wall for Jon, but how could you expect the BF to stride right past "Arya" getting married to a Bolton and not do anything? :scratches head:

Archived