Krug GC (half bottle)

Daniel Savart, Dame de Coeur -06

Christian Audigier NV

Cos Estournel -06

Sine Qua Non, Labels Syrah -07

Ferraton CDP, Le Parvis -07

Chateau Menota -09

Before going out (3 people)...

On Thursday (more of a regular wine tasting, although we did go out afterwards):

Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 1995

Benoît Lahaye Millésime 2006

Clos Cazals Blanc de Blancs 2000

Bollinger La Grande Année 2000

Henriot Cuvée des Enchanteleurs 1995

Krug 1996

Château d’Yquem 1999

Antica Terra Pinot Noir 2007, Willamette Valley, Oregon

Dal Forno Romano Valpolicella Superiore 2003

Château Pavie Decesse 2000, St.-Emilion Grand Cru

Château Branaire Ducru 1996, St.-Julien

Saturday:

Pol Roger Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill -99

Krug GC (half bottle)

Daniel Savart, Dame de Coeur -06

Christian Audigier NV

Cos Estournel -06

Sine Qua Non, Labels Syrah -07

Ferraton CDP, Le Parvis -07

Chateau Menota -09

Before going out (3 people)...

On Thursday (more of a regular wine tasting, although we did go out afterwards):

Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 1995

Benoît Lahaye Millésime 2006

Clos Cazals Blanc de Blancs 2000

Bollinger La Grande Année 2000

Henriot Cuvée des Enchanteleurs 1995

Krug 1996

Château d’Yquem 1999

Antica Terra Pinot Noir 2007, Willamette Valley, Oregon

Dal Forno Romano Valpolicella Superiore 2003

Château Pavie Decesse 2000, St.-Emilion Grand Cru

Château Branaire Ducru 1996, St.-Julien

OMG, can we be friends?

It is with a heavy heart that I repot that the Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Ale is gross. :crying:

I love bacon. I love maple syrup. I love doughnuts. I love beer. Apparently, combining these things results in a watery, smoky, gross mess of a beer. I couldn't even get through more than 4 or 5 sips and actually poured it down the drain. The horror!

Currently drowning my sorrows in the Rogue Double Chocolate Stout. That's more like it...

I had some Dragon's Milk Stout over the weekend. Loved it before I even tasted it just for the name, but it was delicious and quite intoxicating!

http://www.thelostbeers.com/?page_id=2630

I picked up some of this for the GoT season 2 premiere and to share with visiting Westerosi. I loved it! The bourbon bite at the end was superb!

It is with a heavy heart that I repot that the Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Ale is gross. :crying:

I love bacon. I love maple syrup. I love doughnuts. I love beer. Apparently, combining these things results in a watery, smoky, gross mess of a beer. I couldn't even get through more than 4 or 5 sips and actually poured it down the drain. The horror!

That seems to be the general theme of the majority of the reviews I've read for that beer. I haven't tried it myself, and the only way I likely would is if I could get a sample of it on tap or someone poured me a taste from a bottle.

Right now, I am drinking a homebrewed triple IPA that is on the short list for best beer I've made.

Too bad there's less than a pint left. :(

Mr. X - :cheers: That sounds delicious! I'm not a fan of hoppy beers, but I love to try anything brewed at home. I have a bunch of friends who are hardcore home brewers - I haven't been brave enough to jump in yet.

And yeah that Voodoo Doughnut was so jarring. It's been hard to find here (in South Jersey, by Philly) and I was so excited to have scored a bottle. But the double chocolate stout is hitting the spot so I'll be over the disappointment soon. :)

Ok, in NYC, and have had so much Maker's Mark, I am surprised I did not throw up in the cab. Thank god for the hot bartender who is supposed to check on me later. I have the spins. Any NYC forum users? Help!

To all those who just gave me grief--he couldn't leave work in the middle of his shift, ok?!!!! Must find water.... Oh, thank God, there's the doorbell, and he's so useful that he brought me water... How sweet.... So the other thing I drank today was water.....

Mr. X - :cheers: That sounds delicious! I'm not a fan of hoppy beers, but I love to try anything brewed at home. I have a bunch of friends who are hardcore home brewers - I haven't been brave enough to jump in yet.

And yeah that Voodoo Doughnut was so jarring. It's been hard to find here (in South Jersey, by Philly) and I was so excited to have scored a bottle. But the double chocolate stout is hitting the spot so I'll be over the disappointment soon. :)

Camden area? I'm from PA in the northeast suburbs on Philly originally. And jump in -- homebrewing is a lot of fun.

Funny, I saw the Voodoo Doughnut on the menu at a diner up in Edison, NJ. One of the three times I've passed on the opportunity to try a bottle (another one of those times was at the Rogue brewery out in Newport, OR).

Camden area? I'm from PA in the northeast suburbs on Philly originally. And jump in -- homebrewing is a lot of fun.

Funny, I saw the Voodoo Doughnut on the menu at a diner up in Edison, NJ. One of the three times I've passed on the opportunity to try a bottle (another one of those times was at the Rogue brewery out in Newport, OR).

Wow, you may be one of three people on this board who actually know where Woodlynne is! And I know Edison well (grew up in central NJ).

Seriously, save yourself the disappointment. It really was gross. :ack:

To all those who just gave me grief--he couldn't leave work in the middle of his shift, ok?!!!! Must find water.... Oh, thank God, there's the doorbell, and he's so useful that he brought me water... How sweet.... So the other thing I drank today was water.....

Thanks to Mike and water I am now recovered. Does anyone have any recommendations for an interesting drink to try tomorrow?

Archived